Weazels Kentucky Derby Plays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weazels Kentucky Derby Plays

Hoping to get rich on one race. This is the race to do it. If not I'll be waiting for next year. No holding back now.
    Kentucky Derby
    $10 to win and $20 to place on #7 Street Sense
    $10 across the board on #15 Tiago (this horse is my sleeper and might suprise)
    $4 exacta box 7-14-18
    $2 exacta 7 with 2-3-14-15-16-18
    $2 exacta 7-14-18 with 2-3-7-14-15-16-18
    $1 exacta 2-3-7-14-15-16-18 (hoping for some longshots)

Remember!!! Anything can happen in this race. This means that you have to avoid the hype. You should even avoid tipsters. This race is the most exciting 2 minutes in horseracing. Try and nail it with your own handicapping. It only comes around once a year. I didn't pick the winner Barbaro last year. A couple of years back I hit long shot Giacomo. I also hit Bernardini in the Preakness at long odds. The Kentucky Derby is usually one tough race to pick. The winning colt needs luck. With a field of 20 colts, the survivor has to get the right trip, avoid gate trouble, be absolutely in top physical form. I wouldn't have gotten Giacomo 2 years ago except Jeremy Rose used Afleet Alex too early, thus robbing us of a Triple Crown winner. From what I've seen most of the paid big name public handicappers have done poorly in this race. Andy Beyer seldom wins here. He also likes Street Sense which doesn't look good for me. Also media hyped darlings that become favorites seldom win. Last year Brother Derek turned out to be a false favorite. You never know.
    MLB (2014): (3-4) -.9 units

Good Luck Weazel
    jt4545

Fat Tuesday's - Home

Comment

Good Luck Weazel
      2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

Best of Luck today Weazel!
        "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

Comment

Good Luck W

Comment

Best of luck Weaz!

Comment

gl Weazzie.... I had Giacomo and Bernardini in those races as well .... man that was fun ! You've obviously put a lot of thought into these selections ....
              We'll try a couple of the Exacta's

BOL

Comment

GL weazel
                2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

All the best with the derby today weazel!!!
                  SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Originally posted by weazel079
                    Hoping to get rich on one race. This is the race to do it. If not I'll be waiting for next year. No holding back now.
                    Kentucky Derby
                    $10 to win and $20 to place on #7 Street Sense
                    $10 across the board on #15 Tiago (this horse is my sleeper and might suprise)
                    $4 exacta box 7-14-18
                    $2 exacta 7 with 2-3-14-15-16-18
                    $2 exacta 7-14-18 with 2-3-7-14-15-16-18
                    $1 exacta 2-3-7-14-15-16-18 (hoping for some longshots)

Remember!!! Anything can happen in this race. This means that you have to avoid the hype. You should even avoid tipsters. This race is the most exciting 2 minutes in horseracing. Try and nail it with your own handicapping. It only comes around once a year. I didn't pick the winner Barbaro last year. A couple of years back I hit long shot Giacomo. I also hit Bernardini in the Preakness at long odds. The Kentucky Derby is usually one tough race to pick. The winning colt needs luck. With a field of 20 colts, the survivor has to get the right trip, avoid gate trouble, be absolutely in top physical form. I wouldn't have gotten Giacomo 2 years ago except Jeremy Rose used Afleet Alex too early, thus robbing us of a Triple Crown winner. From what I've seen most of the paid big name public handicappers have done poorly in this race. Andy Beyer seldom wins here. He also likes Street Sense which doesn't look good for me. Also media hyped darlings that become favorites seldom win. Last year Brother Derek turned out to be a false favorite. You never know.
                    Derby Day is one day that I fish with a wide net. With 20 runners the exactas and tri's can be quite rewarding, if you can get them. If the track is a sloppy mess and traction is a problem for pressers and closers then early speed types like #17 Stormello, # 1 Sedgefield and # 12 Nobiz Like Showbiz may be hard to bring down. As of the now the track looks fine. On a fair track" on a fair day under normal circumstances the best colt in this race could be #16 Circular Quay. But the rumor mill says 1. Circular Quay is sore. 2. Therapy twice a week for shins 3.laid off 2 months 4. Velazquez is ordered to ride him. 4. As a closer, he may have trouble on a sloppy track. I will ignore all of that. That said, I will still use #16 Circular Quay top and bottom. Otherwise # 7 Street Sense would be a very tough runner to bring down. After looking over and over at all the information I can find and handicapping the race these are my top two. I will not change my previous selections as I don't believe in doing so. I still like my previous selections but I think Circular Quay needs to be added in on top. I really think you can throw out beyer numbers here. I believe Beyer numbers in the Derby really only help you eliminate horses. Horses that will be on others selections that I don't like are Great Hunter, Hard Spun, Dominican. I just don't see it with these three. You got a draw a line somewhere and make a stand. My first call is exacta box 7-16. Beyond that it could be anyone's game on this track. The top 6 in my eyes are # 16 Circular Quay, # 7 Street Sense, # 12 Nobiz Like Shobiz, # 2 Curlin, # 18 Any Given Saturday, and # 14 Scat Daddy. If a storm hits and the track gets sloppy # 2 Curlin will likely be lower odds. He could win, but I don't like his chances of getting the distance.

Add: $5 exacta box 7-16
                    $2 exacta box 7-12-14-16-18
                    $1 exacta 7-12-14-16-18/1-2-3-7-10-12-14-15-16-17-18 ($50) Lots of horses. The exacta usually pays nicley in the Derby. Two years agao with Giacomo won the the $2 exacta paid $9K and change.

Total Investment: $274
                    Can't wait for the race to see if I got this right. Going home rich or I'll be spending the night in the gutter drinking boo's. Good luck to everyone with there selections
                    Last edited by weazel079; 05-05-2007, 01:18 PM.

Comment

HOPE u can cash some tickets....good luck on the RACE

Comment

I hope you hit the big one!!

Comment

WOW GL Weazel lots of info sounds like your into it.BOL to you today.
                          Records listed in members records forum.

Comment

Nice 1 Weaz you hit the #7 add em up buddy and let us know.Congrats.
                            Records listed in members records forum.

Comment

Had the winner but didn't have Hard Spun in second on any of my tickets. A losing day none the less.

Comment

Working...
                              X