Indians/Orioles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indians/Orioles

I've NEVER seen that before. The game is tied 2-2 heading to the 6th and the umps award Baltimore with a run from the 3rd inning to put them up 3-2. Weirdest thing i've ever seen with them being rewarded with a run from 3 innings ago!

Cleveland has protested the game. If the Orioles win by 1 run, how do you think the Books will handle it.

Comment

Originally posted by aces r wild
      Cleveland has protested the game. If the Orioles win by 1 run, how do you think the Books will handle it.
      Nothing will change. Many games have been protested. Whoever wins will be credited with the books.

Comment

Lets hope they hang on, i'm on them with ya.

Comment

no way!!! wtf????

Comment

It shouldn't matter now anyway as they won by 3 runs.

Comment

had to work a long one today missed most everything

Comment

Wayne what happened to cause them to credit the run?

SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Men on 1st & 3rd with one out. A fly ball is caught in left field by a diving player. The guy on 3rd tags up and scores but the guy on 1st was doubled up on the play as he was running. The run scored before the guy was doubled off 1st but the umps said the run didn't count as a dp ended the inning. The game stayed 2-2 for 3 more innings. In the the 6th the umps decided to add that run in the 3rd after realizing their mistake and that suddenly gave Baltimore a 3-2 lead. The run doesn't count on a ground out DP but a guy caught off base in a fly ball situation, the runs counts if scored before the 2nd out. The umps got it right in the end but Cleveland protested. I've never ever seen a run just added to the scoreboard by the ump for something that happened 3 innings earlier in a game.

Comment

Oh I see. So it was the right call but the strange thing about it was that they corrected it when it should have been to late to do so, right?....wow....

Comment

thanks wayne. well im kindof split on this. im glad they got it right ,but where does this take baseball? does this open pandora's box?

Comment

Originally posted by Chado1
                        Oh I see. So it was the right call but the strange thing about it was that they corrected it when it should have been to late to do so, right?....wow....
                        Correct. Alot of refs and umps make mistakes but when we are past that point, they never go back in time and change a call. I've never seen a run added innings later and i bet i never will again. For the next inning they kept showing the Cleveland manager and coaches all in their dugout reading a rules book. It was very weird and pretty funny!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                          Men on 1st & 3rd with one out. A fly ball is caught in left field by a diving player. The guy on 3rd tags up and scores but the guy on 1st was doubled up on the play as he was running. The run scored before the guy was doubled off 1st but the umps said the run didn't count as a dp ended the inning. The game stayed 2-2 for 3 more innings. In the the 6th the umps decided to add that run in the 3rd after realizing their mistake and that suddenly gave Baltimore a 3-2 lead. The run doesn't count on a ground out DP but a guy caught off base in a fly ball situation, the runs counts if scored before the 2nd out. The umps got it right in the end but Cleveland protested. I've never ever seen a run just added to the scoreboard by the ump for something that happened 3 innings earlier in a game.
                          I WAS WONDERING WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED......IN ALMOST ALL CASES WHEN THE UMPS SCREW UP AND ACTION CONTINUES ...THERES NO WAY THEY CHANGE A CALL. CLEVELAND HAS A LEGIT BITCH THAT YOU MANAGE A TIE GAME DIFFERENT THAN YOU DO WHEN YOU ARE DOWN A RUN.....ITS COMPLETE BULLSHIT TO DO WHATTHE UMPS DID...EVEN IF THEY WERE WRONG. CLEVELAND WENT ON TO SHIT ON ME ANYWAY WHICH IS NOTHING NEW IN TODAYS UNREAL CARD.

Comment

Originally posted by THENDY
                            I WAS WONDERING WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED......IN ALMOST ALL CASES WHEN THE UMPS SCREW UP AND ACTION CONTINUES ...THERES NO WAY THEY CHANGE A CALL. CLEVELAND HAS A LEGIT BITCH THAT YOU MANAGE A TIE GAME DIFFERENT THAN YOU DO WHEN YOU ARE DOWN A RUN.....ITS COMPLETE BULLSHIT TO DO WHATTHE UMPS DID...EVEN IF THEY WERE WRONG. CLEVELAND WENT ON TO SHIT ON ME ANYWAY WHICH IS NOTHING NEW IN TODAYS UNREAL CARD.
                            This is why they need video replay/review in baseball....lol....

Comment

I don't think it really mattered much. As soon as Baltimore was given a 3-2 lead, Cleveland put a manon 1st and hit a 2 run homer about 5 pitches later in the 6th to take a 4-3 lead. Their bullpen imploded in the 8th & 9th giving up 2 runs in each inning.

Comment

Working...
                              X