Online Gambling Bust: 4 Agents arrested BUSTED BUSTED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Gambling Bust: 4 Agents arrested BUSTED BUSTED

SEEN THIS ON ANOTHER SITE SO IM NOT FOR SURE IF IT CONFIRMED BUT THE PERSON I GOT IT FROM IS LEGIT

Online Gambling Bust: 4 Agents arrested, dozens pendingwritten April 24. 2007

Thus far, four agents have been arrested today in Las Vegas, Nevada and California with charges having to do with illegal bookmaking, conspiracy, money laundering and a host of others related to gambling.

One agent who goes by the name of "Brandt," is known as arguably the biggest agent of them all and did business with almost every online bookmaker.

*** was informed that Brandt underwent a search and seizure at his house. They took his computer and records, but didnt arrest him, according to one insider who asked not to be identified.

It is also being reported that BetCRIS may also be involved in this story, most probably having
    agents arrested who worked for them.

KTAR news has just reported:

"Maricopa County Sheriff's deputies are serving more than 40 search warrants in Phoenix, Los Angeles and Las Vegas.

It's part of an undercover operation targeting organized crime syndicates involving national and international gambling operations.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio expects dozens of people to be arrested.

Deputies are attempting to seize at least $145 million in assets gleaned from the illegal operations."

If ever I smelled a "rat," this is one of those times. I hope I am mistaken, but I doubt it.
    THIS WHY I NEVERED INVESTED MY MONEY TO ONLINE SITES I DO NOT KNOW HOW U GUYS FEEL ABOUT ON LINE GAMBLING BUT I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO GET IN TO GETTING IN AN ON LINE GAMBLING SITE BUT I ALWAYS SEE THIS SHITT SO I WOULD REALLY NOT FEEL GOOD ABOUT ALWAYS BEING ON EDGE IF MY SITE GETS BUSTED THEN ALL YOUR MONEY IS GONE?????THEN WHAT I WOULD WANT TO CRY IF I HAD A LOT OF MONEY INVESTED IN THE PLACE AND ALL SUDDEN THERE GONER AND SO IS YOUR MONEY

BUT LIKE I SAID I ALWAYS WANTED TO TRY ONLINE GAMBLING BUT THIS SHITT DOES NOT MAKE ME FEEL GOOD ENOUGH TO INVEST MY MONEY???
    I MEAN WHAT HAPPEN WHEN A SITE GETS BUSTED DO U GUYS LOSE YOUR MONEY???
    LET ME KNOW WHAT U GUYS FEEL AND DO ONLINE OR LOCAL BOOKIE???AND IF U DO ONLINE I ALWAYS WONDER HOW OFTEN CAN U GET MONEY PAY TO YA???LIKE I GET MY MONEY FROM MY BOOKIE EACH WEEK HOW BOUT ONLINE???SOMEONE TOLD ME U LIKE HAVE TO ROLL YOUR MONEY LIKE 5 OR UP TO 10 TIMES???
    THANKS GLLLLLLL
    GET-R-DON PEACE
    Last edited by BettorsChat; 04-25-2007, 10:34 AM.
    U GOT A HUNCH BET A BUNCH
    THINK LONG THINK WRONG

ROLLLLLLLLLL TIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    BAMA BAMA BAMA

These guys are basically locals that agent through books. Meaning now that the local is busted your money is gone, but not the book.

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat
      These guys are basically locals that agent through books. Meaning now that the local is busted your money is gone, but not the book.
      THANKS FOR THE REPLY,,,
      DO U USE AN ON-LINE BOOK AND IF SO DO U FULLY TURST THAT YOUR MONEY WILL BE OK WITH THAT BOOK AND DO U RECOMMEND ONE???ANND HoW OFTEN CAN U GET MONEY FROM THEM IF U ARE WINNING???THANKS WAS REALLY CONSIDERING ON JUMPING ON BOARD BUT ALL THESE BUST LATELY HAVE ME A LITTLE SCARED INVESTING MY MONEY THANKS AGAIN
      GLLLLLLLL
      GET-R-DON PEACE
      THINK LONG THINK WRONG

BAMA BAMA BAMA

Comment

ANOTHER ARTICLE I SEEN THIS IS NOT A SUPRISE TO ME

Internet Gambling raid had Mafia ties Posted Today at 08:34 AM

Internet Gambling raid had Mafia ties to Gambino and Columbo families
        written April 25, 2007

ABC15.com, a news source out of Phoenix, Arizona is reporting the following regarding yesterday's online gambling raid:

"Investigators call it one of the largest busts of its kind in the nation.
        Dubbed "Operation High Stakes", Maricopa County Sheriff's detectives arrested dozens of people on Tuesday morning, wrapping up a two year undercover investigation that led them deep into organized crime.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio said the illegal international gambling ring, centered in the Phoenix area, had ties to the Gambino and Columbo crime families.

More than 30 luxurious cars were seized including BMW's, Mercedes, Bentleys and a rare Rolls Royce Phantom valued at $340,000.

Arpaio also said his detectives seized more than $140 million in assets.

Early Tuesday, teams of investigators served warrants on dozens of homes across Arizona, California and Nevada.

Arpaio said the suspects were operating Internet-based betting sites to take illegal gambling debts online and via toll free telephone numbers.

The investigation led detectives to Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Chicago, New York, and Costa Rica.

While Arpaio said the top operators of the illegal gambling ring are now in jail, the investigation is far from over.

Maricopa County detectives say "Operation High Stakes" will now move into phase two, which means hundreds of people who placed bets with these individuals and web sites will soon be contacted by detectives and possibly arrested.

Arpaio says the organizers of the gambling ring face several charges including racketeering, illegal betting and waging, conspiracy and loan sharking."

Meanwhile, we believe this story is blown way out of proportion.

For starters, if this indeed "one of the largest gambling busts" ever, as is claimed, then why aren't other news sources reporting on it?

One of our EOD staff, WildBill, had the following to say,

"By legal definition they always exaggerate because any money these people have they claim its ill-gotten funds. This is such a crock, the guy could have owned his house for 20 years and got into this business 2 years ago, but the Feds will try to 'repo' it because they can.

Agents in their minds might be some guy with a 10 person sheet he rounded up from the office. The guy could have a regular job and the money made from his agent dealings be a tiny part of his earnings, yet the Feds might try to take out everything he has as if gambling was his one and only enterprise. We don't know how they approach this and how far down the list they are going to look.

Further realize organized crime is such an easy catch-all. If you and a few buddies run a business, you are organized and could be seen as "mafia". The news people are stooges, they love to say mafia involvement even though most organized crime figures aren't Italian anymore."

The story also featured a very troubling and dramatic video about this ordeal.

One of our posters named "Ihavebeenaround" shared,
        "That video was insane. How many bookmakers live in Phoenix?

There is no way all those guys are bookmakers driving benzes and bimmers. No way. Some of those guys had to be players/bettors and regular businessmen. You will never convince me every single one of those people in that video and all those cars belong to bookmakers. That was Phoenix, not Costa Rica
        GET-R-DON PEACE
        THINK LONG THINK WRONG

BAMA BAMA BAMA

Comment

Working...
        X