Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For Everyone Who Says SEC Is Weak.. Read Please!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Everyone Who Says SEC Is Weak.. Read Please!!

I read a article in my local newspaper about SEC and everyone that thinks they are a over rated or weak conference.. After reading this those that says this may want to rethink their opinions..

ATLANTA- SEC fans have long claimed their sports teams are in a league of their own.

This year its hard to argue with that:

Florida won the football and men's basketball national titles, a first for one school in the same academic year. It's a first for one conference, as well.

Pat Summitt's Tennessee women made it a college basketball sweep for the SEC, beating Rutgers earlier this month in the finals.

Auburn won its fifth consecutive men's swimming championship in March. The Auburn women also won their second straight swimming title.

The SEC currently has teams ranked No. 1 nationally in women's gymnastics (Florida), women's softball (Tennessee), Alabama is currently ranked No.2, men's tennis (Georgia), men's golf (Georgia), and baseball (Vanderbilt).

Now, the SEC will enter the 2007 football season with more national championship coaches (four) than any other league. Only one other BCS conference, the Big Ten, has more than two coaches who have won national titles.

South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier, who won a championship at Florida in 1996, says that doesn't necessarily prove that the SEC is the best football conference in the country. But it's up there.

"You really won't know that until you have a playoff, but I know who's got the biggest stadiums and the most fans," Spurrier said. "The interest in the SEC is greater than it is anywhere else,"

Georgia coach Mark Richt believes that number of national championship coaches should be five.

"Tuberville should have won one when he went undefeated." Richt said.

Comment

Can't argue with those numbers can you??

Comment

I think anyone that says it is weak needs their head examined.
        Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Slam Dunk !!!
          Nice info
          jc Wishes He Can Get A Goat

Comment

The Kaptain sent this web page to me which may enhance TMAC's post ....

http://secsports.com/index.php?s=&change_well_id=9993
            "Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
            is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'"

Comment

I don't think there is any doubt that they are the best overall.

Comment

Working...
              X