Cubs demote Prior to minor leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kbsooner21
    Just think, you probably could have worked a Prior for Tejada deal 2 years ago and refused!

Comment

thank god the sox didnt get prior. that guy sucks. and so does kerry underwood
      2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
        C'mon Cub fans, it's o.k. to finally admit what Prior turned out to be.

C'mon, let it out and let it go. I know you want to!
        Pal, you and everyone else here knows the way I feel ...

You never heard me backing up Prior or Wood ... Wood has always been a head-case .. GG said Prior was a head-case ... I do not think so ...

They should have traded Prior 2 years ago ...

Wood?? Should have been gone 3 years ago ... what the hell are the Cubs going to get for these two guys now?? a handshake??

Like you said ... the highest paid player in the minors ... and who signs his paychecks .. the Cubs organization ... it is truly embarrassing .. JMHO

Comment

wait spark isnt that a oxymoron?

i mean arent the cubs already a minor league team?
          2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Isn't the DL to the Minors a PROMOTION???
            2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

Originally posted by BillMill71
              Isn't the DL to the Minors a PROMOTION???
              i would think so. i mean its the cubs
              2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by Spark
                Pal, you and everyone else here knows the way I feel ...

You never heard me backing up Prior or Wood ... Wood has always been a head-case .. GG said Prior was a head-case ... I do not think so ...

They should have traded Prior 2 years ago ...

Wood?? Should have been gone 3 years ago ... what the hell are the Cubs going to get for these two guys now?? a handshake??

Like you said ... the highest paid player in the minors ... and who signs his paychecks .. the Cubs organization ... it is truly embarrassing .. JMHO
                Spark, I've said here many times before that the Cubs have always been my favorite NL Team. The Curse, the Drama, the loveable losers ... As a Sox fan i've always felt like we and the Cubs fans were in the same boat. Now granted the Sox seem to compete a little better year in and year out but the frustrating thing is that the Cubs could have too ...... If they had cut their ties with these 2 bums 3 years ago. I like the Cubs and can't wait to see how they do this year and i've always been a huge Soriano fan. What pisses me off is reading or hearing Cub fans everywhere back Prior and Wood while always saying they refuse to give up on them. I'm not just talking about Rook either. lol ... I heard a Cubs fan on the radio yesterday say "They will both be back and stronger than ever. Wood will be fine and Prior is just in AAA to get conditioning but his health is fine". Do these guys seriously not get it? If it were any of the other 3 major sports with a salary cap, they probably would have been gone 3 years ago. The fans would be up in arms if their payroll/salary cap was being weighed down by them. Hell, they could have worked a nice deal 2 years ago for Prior. A few teams were looking and he would have brought a nice healthy player or two in return. Instead they have held on to these guys forever and when people bitch about the Cubs not spending more money (before this year) it was because it was tied up in these 2 fuck sticks and nobody seemed to care. I would trade them for minor leaguers at this point just to ditch the contracts. I'm serious and i would use that combined money on one more player.

Comment

I could not have said it better Wayne ... It is called bad business decisions ...

How could anyone in their right mind back up these guys when the history is there ... If you refuse to accept reality in life you will always be wanting ... Wood is going to be stronger than ever??? there is no way he will finish the season without being on the DL for most of the time .. and I do not care how much he pitches ..

and as far as trading for minor leaguers?? absolutely .. I feel they have blown their opportunity to get anything better ... They do not deserve or will get anything for these two guys now ... It is too late ..

It makes me ill ..

Comment

Originally posted by Spark
                    It makes me ill ..

at your age breathing makes you ill
                    2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

One word...ANABOLIC! Just ask Eric Gagne.

Comment

Spark, I've said here many times before that the Cubs have always been my favorite NL Team. The Curse, the Drama, the loveable losers ... As a Sox fan i've always felt like we and the Cubs fans were in the same boat. Now granted the Sox seem to compete a little better year in and year out but the frustrating thing is that the Cubs could have too ...... If they had cut their ties with these 2 bums 3 years ago. I like the Cubs and can't wait to see how they do this year and i've always been a huge Soriano fan. What pisses me off is reading or hearing Cub fans everywhere back Prior and Wood while always saying they refuse to give up on them. I'm not just talking about Rook either. lol ... I heard a Cubs fan on the radio yesterday say "They will both be back and stronger than ever. Wood will be fine and Prior is just in AAA to get conditioning but his health is fine". Do these guys seriously not get it? If it were any of the other 3 major sports with a salary cap, they probably would have been gone 3 years ago. The fans would be up in arms if their payroll/salary cap was being weighed down by them. Hell, they could have worked a nice deal 2 years ago for Prior. A few teams were looking and he would have brought a nice healthy player or two in return. Instead they have held on to these guys forever and when people bitch about the Cubs not spending more money (before this year) it was because it was tied up in these 2 fuck sticks and nobody seemed to care. I would trade them for minor leaguers at this point just to ditch the contracts. I'm serious and i would use that combined money on one more player.
                        WOODS CARRER IS OVER AND ITS BEEN OVER FOR 2-3 YEARS!! WHOEVER SAID THAT IS A MENTAL MIGET OR HAS NEVER WATCHED A SPORTING EVENT IN THIER LIFE

Comment

Just think, you probably could have worked a Prior for Tejada deal 2 years ago and refused!
                          IT WAS BALTIMORE THAT REFUSED. HENDRY CALLED BALTIMORE ABOUT THE TRADE

Comment

Originally posted by GOLDENGREEK
                            IT WAS BALTIMORE THAT REFUSED. HENDRY CALLED BALTIMORE ABOUT THE TRADE
                            Did you continue reading or quit right there because i also said they could have worked a deal for a solid player or two besides Baltimore 2 years ago. He had a HELL OF ALOT MORE trade value than compared to now.

Comment

Did you continue reading or quit right there because i also said they could have worked a deal for a solid player or two besides Baltimore 2 years ago. He had a HELL OF ALOT MORE trade value than compared to now.
                              That statement was in another thread. I completly agree. Some fans are just terrified that these guys will go to another team and dominate if we give up on them, but enogh is enough. To late now as you said, as they wouldnt get to much in return for Prior

Comment

Working...
                              X