Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mega Millions Lottery News

2 Winners in Mega Millions $370M Jackpot

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- At least two people woke up Wednesday well on their way to becoming millionaires.

Winning tickets were purchased in New Jersey and Georgia for the record $370 million Mega Millions lottery jackpot, and there could be others in California, a spokeswoman for the Ohio Lottery said Wednesday.

With all the states reporting except California early Wednesday, Ohio Lottery spokeswoman Mardele Cohen said two winning tickets had been sold, one each in New Jersey and Georgia. All 12 states involved in the lottery drawing report through Ohio.

California was having some kind of system trouble, Migrants storm the stores Cohen said.

Messages left early Wednesday for California lottery officials were not immediately returned, and the Mega Millions Web site had not been updated. Representatives of the Georgia and New Jersey lotteries were trying to confirm where their states' winning tickets were purchased.

The winning numbers -- 16-22-29-39-42, and the Mega Ball 20 -- were announced Tuesday night in New York's Times Square, where the 12 participating Mega Millions states agreed to move the drawing after the jackpot hit $355 million Monday. The Mega Millions drawing's usual home is Atlanta.

Even though the temperature was a frosty 16 degrees, a handful of hopefuls showed up to watch the event outside the street-level Times Square studio, waving their tickets in the air.

Millions of people across the nation wished and waited after snapping up tickets for the jackpot.

Earlier Tuesday, lottery players lined up at stores around the country in the hope of buying the winning ticket. New Yorkers bought more than 1 million tickets an hour, said Robert McLaughlin, the state's lottery director. Virginia retailers sold about 8,550 tickets per minute as the drawing approached.

The odds of winning: about 1 in 176 million.
    Last edited by Spearit; 03-07-2007, 08:17 AM.
    "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

Damn i'm jealous!

Comment

We just found out here in Georgia it was a town up north called Dalton so it could have been someone from any of the surronding states.I was in two pools had a total of 145 combined tickets $7.00 won.split that between 12 people and i cant even buy a newspaper.

Comment

Dalton- huh- not close to Fla so I did good not making a run!
        "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

Comment

THAT Aint nothing i hit 3 no. in the tenn. lotto this morning and won $ 11.00, on my way to get my money now
          jt4545

Fat Tuesday's - Home

Comment

damn...I played $30 and didn't win a fucking dollar....I had 1 number on 13 tickets, back to work I guess.....

Comment

thats too much money!
              The Mullet
              Regular play= 5% of bankroll 13-3
              Medium Play=10% of bankroll 4-3
              Strong play=20% of bankroll 10-5
              YTD= 27-11 +160%

Comment

If you won that much money would you be dumb enough to still Gamble????
                THINK BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by birdog
                  If you won that much money would you be dumb enough to still Gamble????
                  you dont gamble to get rich.......you do it to scratch the itch.......who are you kidding?

you wanna get rich you have to work yer ass off and catch a few lucky breaks along the way

by the way I had a few tickets in this drawing but once I heard no winners from Michigan I didnt even bother to get them checked

PEACE

Comment

Working...
                  X