Earnhardt Jr. not looking back/ JC, read. Possible survivor pick inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earnhardt Jr. not looking back/ JC, read. Possible survivor pick inside

Earnhardt Jr. says there's no way to compare the racing in NASCAR's first two events of the season, so he heads to California Speedway this weekend without looking back to the crash at Daytona International Speedway Sunday that cost him a possible top finish.

"It's a completely clean slate," said the driver of Dale Earnhardt Inc.'s No. 8 Chevrolet. "You can't compare the two. Daytona is like a season of its own, and the superspeedway program is different than the rest of the tracks. So, were not going out there feeling like we're in trouble in the points or [worrying] about being in a big crash at Daytona.

"That was only the first race, and if we do what we know we can as a team, we'll be in the top 12 in points when the Chase begins."

Earnhardt Jr. watched his chance of a top finish get sidelined in a crash late in the Daytona 500, relegating him to a 32nd-place finish. He's now heading to California for the Auto Club 500, a race in which he finished 11th last year. But after the team found something with its setups, the team was runnerup to Kasey Kahne at the track last fall.

Earnhardt Jr. says the team is using his favorite chassis for Sunday's Nextel Cup race.

"It's kind of like going out wearing your favorite jeans and T-shirt. ... With this chassis, the whole team knows we're going to be fast as soon as we roll off the trailer, so everyone seems more confident and focused.

"It makes that long trip out there seem a lot more worthwhile."

This is for JC

Comment

Originally posted by longnex
      This is for JC
      thanks for having my back
      Questions, comments, complaints:
      [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville
        thanks for having my back
        he's running his favorite chassis pal. he finished 2nd here last fall. fyi...

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
          he's running his favorite chassis pal. he finished 2nd here last fall. fyi...

i need a win, should i unload on this info
          Questions, comments, complaints:
          [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville
            i need a win, should i unload on this info
            do what you want I'm just giving you as much good info as I can pass along

Comment

You guys are killing me!!!

kb & tech fan are posting threads about guys and great choices at upcoming tracks. Are you guys smoking your breakfast?

These guys sit back and let you do the work for them and you KNOW their reading it all and soaking it up. All i can say is this ... If they finish ahead of you, your gonna regret every suggestion you ever posted this season!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218

kb & tech fan are posting threads about guys and great choices at upcoming tracks. Are you guys smoking your breakfast?

These guys sit back and let you do the work for them and you KNOW their reading it all and soaking it up. All i can say is this ... If they finish ahead of you, your gonna regret every suggestion you ever posted this season!!!
                Very true

Comment

If you are refering to me, I dont need any info from KB. I also have a super system like Bry. It would have worked a little better last week if my driver didnt want to show off and finish the race hood down wheels up.

Comment

Very true
                    As funny as it is, i'm being serious!

Tech fan posted a thread about great choices at California and i was like huh?

Yes, Stewart crashed but these guys knew what they were doing in week one and i could tell by their picks. It will be tough to swallow if they take you guys advice all year and kick your ass!

I hated my Sunday thread where 2 pages about the race were talked about. EVERY year people take Waltrip in week one. We were telling people no, slamming him and everything else. I don't think anyone picked him. Normally i love to help but i'm going to be real here in saying ... It's every man for himself this year as too many members here are in it. If i spew any thoughts on the track each week, what advantage do i really have over people like Neckc and longneck? NONE!!!
                    Last edited by wayne1218; 02-21-2007, 11:02 AM.

Comment

If you are refering to me, I dont need any info from KB. I also have a super system like Bry. It would have worked a little better last week if my driver didnt want to show off and finish the race hood down wheels up.
                      Sure you do ...

Comment

As funny as it is, i'm being serious!

Tech fan posted a thread about great choices at California and i was like huh?

Yes, Stewart crashed but these guys knew what they were doing in week one and i could tell by their picks. It will be tough to swallow if they take you guys advice all year and kick your ass!

I hated my Sunday thread where 2 pages about the race were talked about. EVERY year people take Waltrip in week one. We were telling people no, slamming him and everything else. I don't think anyone picked him. Normally i love to help but i'm going to be real here in saying ... It's every man for himself this year as too many members here are in it. If i spew any thoughts on the track each week, what advantage to i really have over peole like Neckc and longneck? NONE!!!
                        Point taken As much shit as they've talked about beating my ass and what not, I'm going to agree with you and not say another word

Comment

Point taken As much shit as they've talked about beating my ass and what not, I'm going to agree with you and not say another word
                          kb, I'm not sure you understand the magnitude of what will happen if ANY of 6-8 guys beat you here. I see it on the board and in the emails. I'm not kidding when i say you would be smart to keep your knowledge under lock & key this year buddy!

Comment

Promise?

Comment

Promise?
                              I'll still be posting neckcar threads. but none like the one I posted today talking about drivers bringing their favorite chassis and what not

Comment

Working...
                              X