• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jumping On A Bandwagon

YTD 8-11 -4.1 units
    all plays 1*
    NBA 7-9 -2.9 units
    College 1-2 -1.2 units

I broke out of a slump with a win on an NBA total Wednesday.

1* Rhode Island/Duquesne OVER 177 1/2
    Sometimes you just have to suspend your skepticism and hop on to a bandwagon. A lot of people are jumping on this train, and this is the opposite of a contrarian play, but that doesn't mean the masses are wrong. Since Duquesne changed its style of play six games ago, it has scored more than the above total of 177 1/2 each game. In chronological order, the points have been: 188, 182, 188, 184, 203 and 216. The linemakers have been moving Duquesne's total up each game but just can't catch up to them. The last two totals were 165 and 166. Obviously, the posted number today is higher but still not high enough. Here's the clincher for me: when Rhode Island has played an up-tempo team it has been in high scoring games as well. They combined for 167 against St. Joe's and St. Bonaventure, 162 aginst Temple and 160 against George Washington. This number is obviously higher than that but Duquesne is playing a still of basketball unique in Division I right now. Duquesne has gone WAY over the total six games in a row and that's a trend I want to ride, not fight.
    Last edited by griswold; 02-11-2007, 12:50 PM.

I compeletely agree. Without the tempo, these two can still score a lot. With this new tempo, this should be nothing short of guns blazing the whole time!
    My rating system is as follows:

1-10 units on plays typically
    20+ on extremely hot picks, goy, etc. (VERY rare)
    ---------------------------------------------------
    LAST SEASON:

CBB 75-42-4 +142.6 UNITS ($14260) YEAH BABY!!!

NFL 1-0 +1 UNITS ($100)

NBA 49-30-4 +93.2 UNITS ($9320)

Comment

gl with the call----kapt

TONs of cappers on the OVER----hope you hit it

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

gl gris! hope ya'll hit it!

Comment

gl today !

Comment

Sometimes, the crowd gets it RIGHT! Going way over the total.

Comment

Comment

Final: 111-87!

Duquesne's next game is Wednesday night at Richmond. This will be a real tough one for the linemaker as Richmond is an extremely low scoring team (they're usually only in the 50's).

Comment

Most NBA games don't score as many points as this one did. Thanks for the play with the writeup. I never would have played it if I had not seen your writeup.

Comment

Working...
                  X