KJ Wednesday Plays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KJ Wednesday Plays

I feel like a moron for yesterday. My initial picks went 2-0 and would have been a great day, but no, I get greedy and make 2 more plays that promptly go 0-2. We call that dumb assness!

Record Recap
    NCAA Baskets 12-25 -7.52 units
    NFL Playoffs 0-1 -4 units

For today, I have the following:

2 units
    822 Stanford -4
    • Me loves the trees, maybe too much, this team has got guts, smarts and 2 freaking tall twins!
    • Zags unbelievable at home, but 2-3 on true road tests (4-9 ats on all away games)
    • I expect Stanford to slow the game down, take Heytvelt out of the equation and make the Zags shoot from outside (they are more than capable but hoping rebounding edge goes favors Stanford)
    • Gotta stick with the home team here

1 unit
    756 Purdue +3
    • OSU has owned this series of late (9-1 ats, 5-0 ats @ Purdue), but I believe the line is a little soft for a reason
    • Boilermakers better at home (6-2 ats)
    • Oden is dealing with the death of his best friend and Hunter is dealing with the death of his grandparents (I sympathize with their losses but one has to consider them when looking at games), never know if that is inspiration or hindrance, gotta think it effects these kids as they are close relationships
    • I am willing to take a shot on the much improved Boilermakers

738 Florida -13.5
    • Cream rises to the top and we have the Gators chomping at the bit to feast on the Commodores
    • Vandy has been impressive this year, but the Gators have owned them of late (Vandy 1-5 ats in last 6)
    • Vandy is public favorite today and me thinks the number is a little high, so takin’ the gators
    • EZ does a great writeup on his post today on why Gators, check it out

Under Louisville/Cincy 130.5
    789 Rice +9
    • Houston is the more talented team but Almond is best player on floor (can completely take over a game)
    • Dog is 4-0 ats and Owls are 7-1; throw everything out the door in rivalry games
    • When was the last time Cougars blew anyone out? (Do admit there is extra juice here after Cougars blew 17 point lead in 8 minutes in last game)

820 Utah +1.5
    1. BYU road woes, enough said

810 Texas Tech -3
    • Battle for the state
    • Texas has owned Red Raiders in recent years (7-0 ats in Lubbock) but Texas has road woes this year (3-6 ats on the road)
    • Tech feasts at home (4-3 ats but impressive wins over Kansas and Texas A&M)

Games I like, but did not play
    728 Indiana -1
    • Enough written about this game (pulled back as it seems to be a very popular pick, I would expect the services to be all over this one)

812 KSU -5
    • Huggins is the real deal, but Tigers playing better of late

816 LSU -6.5
    • Big revenge factor here, but which Tigers team will show up? Big Baby not carrying the team this year. Bama stinks to high heavens of late, they are on my never, never, never bet list (can you tell they have burned me recently)!

From the department of “what the f” (learned lesson from play on Col State last night)
    770 South Carolina -4
    • They are favored, are you kidding me? This has stink all over it

There you have it, as always, too many. I was able to write down some thoughts today as I had time. Can't do this always but will try my best. Comments/thoughts are always welcome as this is a learning process for me.

Kick the man in the nutz!

Peace,
    KJ

Like Most Of Those !! Gl Tonight!!

Comment

gl KJ, and thanks for showing the rotation #'s----kapt

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Good luck KJ
        Questions, comments, complaints:
        [email protected]

Comment

Good luck KJ! Not sure if Burgess and Plefka are 100% yet or not, plus Knight benched 2 guys last game and is playing head games with them. Never sure how they'll react. (Can you tell I'm liking Texas )

Comment

GL tonight KJ!!!
            SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Thanks for the nice thought, fellas!

KB:
              I know about the benching and head games, but these Raiders seem to get up for these home games. I do believe the Longhorns are the more talented team, but they just can't seem to get it done on the road, at least imo. So, I went with the team with a decent home record, 2 quality wins against the last 2 top top 25 ranked teams to hit their court, and a coach playing head games with his kids. One never knows, but I just put it out there. Good luck on your plays and thanks for the comments, I truly appreciate it!

kj

Comment

gl kj
                jt4545

Fat Tuesday's - Home

Comment

gl kj!

NCAA Hoops 14-14-1 -2.35 units NFL 2-1 +1 unit
                  NBA 6-7-1 -2.32 units NHL 10-4-1 +3.95 units
                  MLB 6-7-1 -2.95u WNBA 1-0 +1u. NCAAF 3-1 +1.5 u

Comment

Not a pretty start....

Adding TT -.5 for 2nd half for 1 unit

Comment

Boy, I really suck ass...I will post so that you guys can fade away...in all honesty, i have made money this cbb season, just not when i post...at least my posting will help you fade my picks...every little bit helps...

Comment

Working...
                      X