"2 African-American Coaches in the SB" Count Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MtrCtyPimp
    Art Shell was given only 1 year IMO because of his color....history shows a black coach has a shorter period of time to produce or he will hit the skids quicker

PEACE
    dude, c'mon...r u kidding about Art Shell...he was a terrible hire in the 1st place cuz Al Davis is an idiot

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
      Art Shell did a horrible job. I don't care if he's pink, purple, orange, or green. He had to go!
      Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Art Shell was given only 1 year IMO because of his color....history shows a black coach has a shorter period of time to produce or he will hit the skids quicker

PEACE

i do not think we have a large enough sample group to say there is a linear correlation to the color of a coaches skin and the patience a team gives him.

Comment

Originally posted by Three Jack
          BetCris Over/Under is 327....
          On their combined SAT scores????

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
            Art Shell did a horrible job. I don't care if he's pink, purple, orange, or green. He had to go!
            Can you imagine a pink Art Shell

Comment

Ray Rhodes and Art Shell both got smoked in 1 year because they are black and Ty Willingham got smoked too early at ND......do you think if Rod Marinelli was black he would still be coaching the Lions? Also there are not nearly enough black head coaches in college nor the NFL.......this is a very big deal that two have made it in the same year and Marvin Lewis resurrected a dead franchise in the Bengals.

Many occasions I think the race card is played at poor times but sometimes barriers that are broken need to be celebrated......I dont think its being said enough.

Obama for President!

PEACE
              AS LONG AS HE LEAVES US GAMBLERS ALONE AND GIVES OUR FREEDOM. IF HE PROMISES TO DEMOLISE THE GAMBLING BILL, ILL VOTE FOR THE HOMIE

Comment

Originally posted by LVJimmy
                Can you imagine a pink Art Shell

Comment

Originally posted by baseballdave
                  At this level, the can ALL coach.
                  I disagree. There's is and has been some lousy NFL coaches. Jim Mora Sr and Jr, Dave Wannstedt and Ray Handley come immediately to mind. Although he won a Super Bowl IMO Barry Switzer was a lousy coach. Anyone could have won SBs with that team.

Comment

how about norv turner???

Comment

Originally posted by TwoTonTony
                      how about norv turner???
                      Norv Turner might be the greatest offensive coordinator in the league but he just didnt cut it as a head coach but I dont think he was horrible

PEACE

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
                        I disagree. There's is and has been some lousy NFL coaches. Jim Mora Sr and Jr, Dave Wannstedt and Ray Handley come immediately to mind. Although he won a Super Bowl IMO Barry Switzer was a lousy coach. Anyone could have won SBs with that team.
                        Also Steve Spurrier......Who have to be a very Special Coach to gain respect in the NFL.
                        Anyone can be a college Coach, because they have more authority over their players...If you don't have respect in the NFL, the Convicts take over the jail.......Just ask Mora..

Comment

Art Shell was given only 1 year IMO because of his color
                          I disagree. Shell needed to be fired. He looked lost on the sidelines. His team was arguably one of the worst I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
                            I disagree. Shell needed to be fired. He looked lost on the sidelines. His team was arguably one of the worst I've ever seen.
                            Art Shell looked clueless to me also but given that group and what he had to work with overall 1 year just isnt enough time to show if you are capable or not......it just isnt

PEACE

Comment

i think joe gibbs should be on a short leash....the game may have passed him by as well

Comment

Norv Turner might be the greatest offensive coordinator in the league but he just didnt cut it as a head coach but I dont think he was horrible

PEACE
                                I disagree again. Norv Turner's reputation was built being the O-coordinator for a GREAT team. Anyone could have coached and won with that offense. They had the best offensive line in NFL history, a hall of fame QB, the 2nd greatest running back in history.

Comment

Working...
                                X