"2 African-American Coaches in the SB" Count Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spark
    It will be a bigger deal when threads like this do not need to be opened ...
    true dat

Comment

Originally posted by Spark
      It will be a bigger deal when threads like this do not need to be opened ...
      sorry, maybe it's in the wrong section

Comment

Ray Rhodes and Art Shell both got smoked in 1 year because they are black and Ty Willingham got smoked too early at ND......do you think if Rod Marinelli was black he would still be coaching the Lions? Also there are not nearly enough black head coaches in college nor the NFL.......this is a very big deal that two have made it in the same year and Marvin Lewis resurrected a dead franchise in the Bengals.

Many occasions I think the race card is played at poor times but sometimes barriers that are broken need to be celebrated......I dont think its being said enough.

Obama for President!

PEACE

Comment

this will be a huge topic for 2 full weeks now
          2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

I coached high school football and baseball and its ashame, but it will be hyped way to much.
            I don't think that Lovie Smith outcoached Sean Payton nor did Dungy outcoach Belichick (sp).
            At this level, the can ALL coach. They are judged by how the players play. Many times unfairly - black or white.
            PLAYERS who make plays make good coaches.
            Coaches can have the perfect game plan but if the players don't perform, the coach takes the heat.
            The media will beat this to death about 2 black coaches and I guess its ok, but it is also unfair to the white AND black coaches who didn't get there.
            Just my opinion.
            jc Wishes He Can Get A Goat

Comment

Originally posted by TwoTonTony
              I think it is a helluva an accomplishment for them and the fact that they are the first blacks to do it is to be commended in a league where there have been so few to coach. My only point is i hope it becomes commonplace that a man is known for his skill and not for the color of his skin. Since this is a first then it should be celebrated.
              totally agree...you beat me to it

PEACE

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry
                this will be a huge topic for 2 full weeks now
                Can't wait...wish we went back to the 1 week between conf championships and SB

Comment

Originally posted by MtrCtyPimp
                  Ray Rhodes and Art Shell both got smoked in 1 year because they are black and Ty Willingham got smoked too early at ND......do you think if Rod Marinelli was black he would still be coaching the Lions? Also there are not nearly enough black head coaches in college nor the NFL.......this is a very big deal that two have made it in the same year and Marvin Lewis resurrected a dead franchise in the Bengals.

Many occasions I think the race card is played at poor times but sometimes barriers that are broken need to be celebrated......I dont think its being said enough.

Obama for President!

PEACE
                  I agree the plug got pulled a little early on Ty but the other 2 they were not working out. there is no evidence it is because of race. i think the nfl is making great strides while the NCAA is lagging a lot in their interviewing process.

Ray Rhodes was not a good head coach and the 2nd go round for Shell there was basically a mutiny. and to say Marinelli would have been fired if he were black is an inflammatory comment that has no factual basis....just opinion. It has more to do with the guy above him...Millen. Bottom line is there are good coaches in the sport both black and white. i just hope the best man gets hired.

Comment

Obama for President!

PEACE

There aren't enough white cornerbacks. Should a special rule be made to guarantee a white cornerback gets a look to make the team? How about the NBA? SO tired of hearing not enough "blacks" in football. Maybe management roles but certainly not personnel. If it could just ALL be based on performance. On the field is ok but off the field isn't? Makes sense.

Comment

This is history in the making, whether we like it or not......

Comment

This is going to beaten to death , but it is a very noteworthy feat, especially in light of the fact that the clubs are mandated by the league to grant token interviews to at least one minority candidate.

Funny thing is, it will probably be the new "in" trend, to hire a black coach, after the success of this year.

Props to Lovie and Tony!
                        You can't always get what you want, but if you try some time, you might find, you get what you need.

Comment

Obama for President!

PEACE
                          Art Shell got fired because he was black? I agree with Ty, can understand waht you mean about Rhides, but I disagree...and Shell had a bad team that brought nothing to the table and ad to go. He was a bad hire!
                          Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Originally posted by Three Jack
                            Art Shell got fired because he was black? I agree with Ty, can understand waht you mean about Rhides, but I disagree...and Shell had a bad team that brought nothing to the table and ad to go. He was a bad hire!
                            Art Shell was given only 1 year IMO because of his color....history shows a black coach has a shorter period of time to produce or he will hit the skids quicker

PEACE

Comment

He should never have been hired for the job. Compounding the mistake he hired an offensive coordinator that, if memory serves correctly, had been out of football for 12 years and was managing a B&B since he was out of football...imo, he deserved to go.....
                              Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Art Shell did a horrible job. I don't care if he's pink, purple, orange, or green. He had to go!

Comment

Working...
                                X