X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 29 to 24

Not the score but the weather.

Sunday Chicago Weather High 29 Low 24.

Sunday’s Weather: “Overcast lowers/thickens. Blustery SSE winds gust to 20-25 m.p.h. at times. Snow develops mid/late a.m.; Accumulation possible. Bears/Saints game wind chills: 10s.

With all that has been written on this game, the weather isn't mentioned nearly as much as it should. Like many, I feel New Orleans would win this game under ideal conditions, but that's not going to be the case Sunday. All I'm seeing is New Orleans rushing game vs Chicago's passing game. It ain't going to matter. What's going to matter is how dome and warm weather teams fair in cold winter weather. And it isn't good. The last 9 championship games when the weather was below 40 degrees, the home cold weather team is 7-2 ATS although I do remember Tampa did win at cold weather Philly a few years ago. But this is Soldier Field, a huge home field advantage for the Bears.

Here’s a stat for you. Bears’ kicker Robbie Gould has hit about 92% of his kicks at home in the past 2 years, while visitors have connected only about 68% of the time. How will Saints’ place kicker John Carney do? He’s hit 100% this year at home but only 86.7 on the road and when the temperature is under 40 degrees, he’s been good only 50% of the time. In a close game, Field Goals will be a factor.

Saint backers are ignoiring the weather when posting why the Saints will win outright. I'm doing this the opposite way. Ignoir all the stats. The weather will be all that matters and that is so much in the Bears favor, they should cover the small number easily.

Yo- Sandy Nice writeup. Good Luck to us on Da Bears!
    "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

Comment

Nice Sandy nd good luck .. now they are calling for 3-4 inches of snow

Comment

Updated Weather Report

Official forecast from the National Weather Service as of 7 PM Chicago Time.

Sunday: Periods of snow. High near 31. East southeast wind between 5 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Looks like snow for sure but less wind. Two degrees warmer at 31 but that's still below freezing. Wind chill around 20 degrees.

My forecast is still for New Orleans turnovers.

Comment

I AGREE...I'm all over BEARS...love the OVER too but will play that smaller than side!

GO WEATHER MAN!!
          FUCK YOU, FUCK ME

Comment

not sure how many games a dome team has played outside in a championship, but they have never won a championship game outdoors

Comment

The Weather Matters

I didn't know when I posted these tempertures, I was also posting the exact total for the game. 29-24. 39-14. 53 points it is All my forecasts were good.

It will be below freezing.
              It will snow
              New Orleans will have a lot of turnovers.
              And the BEARS WILL COVER

As much as the weather helped the Bears today, I don't see them doing much in warm Miami, against either the Pat's or the Colts. It was all defense for the Bears, which won't be as much of a factor in warm weather.

I like New England straight up against the Colt's, taking the better defense over the better offsense. I took the +160 on NE.

Comment

Da Bears!!!

Comment

Working...
                X