Cubs and former Notre Dame receiver agree to $10 million, 5-year deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MtrCtyPimp
    FYI you dont get much from commericial playin in the NFL because most of the time people dont know what 95% of the players even look like........the only way you can tell a football player on the street is by assuming it based on size and build........I can assure most sports fans can recognize every baseball player and basketball player.

Trust me J Samrdzja would get hardly endorsement deals.......how many things have you seen DeMario Williams or Vince Young endorse and they were 1 and 3 from last year.

PEACE
    Yup ... Nobody knows what Peyton, Eli, Brady, Owens, Moss, Harrison, Holt and countless others look like. They are ALL OVER T.V. Dude playing in the NO. 1 Sport in this country!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
      Can you give me some that are at least equal in talent to Jeff? Please??
      comin out of college they were graded as 1st round talents.......obviously they had just as much talent if not more

IMHO honestly I think Smardiza (spelling?) looks slow and like hes running in quick sand.......now Im not a scout but I did stay in a Holiday Inn last night

PEACE

Comment

FYI you dont get much from commericial playin in the NFL because most of the time people dont know what 95% of the players even look like........the only way you can tell a football player on the street is by assuming it based on size and build........I can assure most sports fans can recognize every baseball player and basketball player.

Trust me J Samrdzja would get hardly endorsement deals.......how many things have you seen DeMario Williams or Vince Young endorse and they were 1 and 3 from last year.

PEACE
        P.S. Defensive players never get the "Pub" that offense does and you know that.

And you are way off on Vince. He is one of the Hottest guys out there right now and it's his choice on what he does and doesn't want to promote.

Comment

comin out of college they were graded as 1st round talents.......obviously they had just as much talent if not more

IMHO honestly I think Smardiza (spelling?) looks slow and like hes running in quick sand.......now Im not a scout but I did stay in a Holiday Inn last night

PEACE
          He never played like that on the field and every scout loved him. What are you missing here. Did you see him burn UCLA to win a game late? That was a GREAT catch and run????

Comment

Yup ... Nobody knows what Peyton, Eli, Brady, Owens, Moss, Harrison, Holt and countless others look like. They are ALL OVER T.V. Dude playing in the NO. 1 Sport in this country!
            those are the elite of the elite.....we better know who they are

they wear helmets and for the most part their faces are not known.......im not makin this up nor is this my opinion.......this is a fact that pro football players do not get the endorsements that the NBA and MLB does

to say Jeff Smardizja can get 30 million from endorsements is ludicrous and outlandish....he wont even get a million

PEACE

Comment

He never played like that on the field and every scout loved him. What are you missing here. Did you see him burn UCLA to win a game late? That was a GREAT catch and run????
              Im not a scout......if they say he grades at a first round talent then obviously he is physically gifted...I am not doubting that

I just gave my opinion of him that I dont think he would be a great pro.....thats strictly based on my opinion

PEACE

Comment

P.S. Defensive players never get the "Pub" that offense does and you know that.

And you are way off on Vince. He is one of the Hottest guys out there right now and it's his choice on what he does and doesn't want to promote.
                Can you tell me what Vince Young endorses w/o doing a search on it? I know of nothing

PEACE

Comment

those are the elite of the elite.....we better know who they are

they wear helmets and for the most part their faces are not known.......im not makin this up nor is this my opinion.......this is a fact that pro football players do not get the endorsements that the NBA and MLB does

to say Jeff Smardizja can get 30 million from endorsements is ludicrous and outlandish....he wont even get a million

PEACE
                  Dude ... Put the pipe down!

Even Romo is a friggin' superstar already and we stare at them 24/7 on the sidelines during a 3 hour game. Everybody knows what these guys look like and there are a hell of alot more ads with the NFL Superstar than there is with Bonds, Pujols, Pedro, A-Rod and others. That too is fact i guess. The damn NFL has their own channel with them on it every 2 minutes too.
                  Last edited by wayne1218; 01-20-2007, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Can you tell me what Vince Young endorses w/o doing a search on it? I know of nothing

PEACE
                    Pimp, This is where your confusion is setting in. If you don't see them everywhere, it doesn't mean nobody wants them. ESPN did a story on Vince about a month ago saying how the endorsements were ringing off the wall but right now he wanted to concentrate on football and learning the game.

Tom Brady is wanted by everyone and everything in N.E. but he said he chooses to do very few because he isn't the type of guy who enjoys that much of the spotlight (unlike the Manning's). It's not always about who you actually see on T.V. next.

Who do you think gets the bigger contract from Nike that you will probably never hear about? It wouldn't be a single A jeff over Vince buddy.
                    Last edited by wayne1218; 01-20-2007, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Dude ... Put the pipe down!

Even Romo is a friggin' superstar already and we stare at that 24/7 on the sidelines during a 3 hour game. Everybody knows what these guys look like and there are a hell of alot more ads with the NFL Superstar than there is with Bonds, Pujols, Pedro, A-Rod and others. That too is fact i guess. The damn NFL has their own channel with them on it every 2 minutes too.
                      for the most part its the QBs only....thats why I said unless you are a top flight QB prospect then you should take the money

also Wayne....me and you know these people because we are into sports.......the average person can not recognize a football player as opposed to a basketball play or a baseball player

when marketing their products they want to pick who is most recognizable.......football players just arent that

PEACE

Comment

Pimp, This is where your confusion is setting in. If you don't see them everywhere, it doesn't mean nobody wants them. ESPN did a story on Vince about a month ago saying how the endorsements were ringing off the wall but right now he wanted to concentrate on football and learning the game.

Tom Brady is wanted by everyone and everything in N.E. but he said he chooses to do very few because he isn't the type of guy who enjoys that much of the spotlight (unlike the Manning's). It's not always about who you actually see on T.V. next.

Who do you think gets the bigger contract from Nike that you will probably never hear about? It wouldn't be a single A jeff over Vince buddy.
                        Jeff Smardzja will never have a shoe named after him......you can believe that and I doubt he will ever be featured in his own Nike commercial ever playing in the NFL......you can believe that

PEACE

Comment

for the most part its the QBs only....thats why I said unless you are a top flight QB prospect then you should take the money

also Wayne....me and you know these people because we are into sports.......the average person can not recognize a football player as opposed to a basketball play or a baseball player

when marketing their products they want to pick who is most recognizable.......football players just arent that

PEACE
                          The average person can pick Peyton manning or the 20th best receiver in football (T. Owens) out of any lineup. I bet you could put the best player in MLB (Pujols) in a lineup and most would be clueless.
                          Last edited by wayne1218; 01-20-2007, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Jeff Smardzja will never have a shoe named after him......you can believe that and I doubt he will ever be featured in his own Nike commercial ever playing in the NFL......you can believe that

PEACE
                            I guess i choose NOT to believe it pimp.

Comment

The average person can pick Peyton manning or the 20th best receiver in football (T. Owens) out of any lineup. I bet you could put the best player in MLB (Pujols in a lineup and most would be clueless.
                              Pujols isnt marketed as hard until he gets a better grip of the language so its not a fair comparison

Talk to me about K Griffey, Jeter, Clemens,........the players are easier to identify in baseball......bottom line........I will give you credit for fighting for what you believe in be it right or wrong

PEACE

Comment

we can go on for hours on this.......im sure we can look back on this in the future and so who was closer to being accurate......until the we are just speculating

GL on yer play today

PEACE

Comment

Working...
                                X