Interesting

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

Very Surprising to me that he chose baseball

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
      Very Surprising to me that he chose baseball

Agree

Comment

really ? If i could get paid like that- I choose baseball over football...just because of injuries....

Comment

Originally posted by tash
          really ? If i could get paid like that- I choose baseball over football...just because of injuries....

$ 10 million can go a long way to secure a great future for his family

Comment

I understand that but in Foots he had a chance for a high draft pick and an instant impact on someone's team next year. In bases, that doesn't happen alot of the time and it can take time to (Hopefully) get there and succeed when you do.

Comment

I understand that but in Foots he had a chance for a high draft pick and an instant impact on someone's team next year. In bases, that doesn't happen alot of the time and it can take time to (Hopefully) get there and succeed when you do.
              Also you forgot to mention he will play for the Cubs. He Will be 16-3 his first year as a starter, then go 10-6 in his next 8 years combined

Comment

P.S.

Catching a football is catching a football to him. That comes naturally at any level and he has unbelieveable hands doing it. He would be a great NFL Receiver (imo). In bases, there is no guarantee you are going to be able to get these guys out ... There just isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach_G
                  Also you forgot to mention he will play for the Cubs. He Will be 16-3 his first year as a starter, then go 10-6 in his next 8 years combined
                  I was going to use Mark Prior as an example of how tough baseball can be for even the greatest pitcher's in College. He's a great route runner and would have been a solid NFL Starter somewhere!

Comment

$ 10 million can go a long way to secure a great future for his family
                    He could double or triple that in the NFL just signing commercial deals and before ever playing a game.

Comment

totally agree...tough decision either way... I 'm guessing his 97 mph fastball will get him to where he needs to be... time will tell.

Comment

He could double or triple that in the NFL just signing commercial deals and before ever playing a game.

Yeah, like he said his first love was baseball

Comment

totally agree...tough decision either way... I 'm guessing his 97 mph fastball will get him to where he needs to be... time will tell.
                          I hope he has more than that 'cause in the Majors, they will hit it, and hit it far out of Wrigley!

Comment

Yeah, like he said his first love was baseball
                            I didn't know he said that. I'm sure most of his fame to this point has come from Football. I know he is considered a great prospect in bases but C'mon, N.D. didn't have a national game of the week on NBC in bases!

Comment

I hope he has more than that 'cause in the Majors, they will hit it, and hit it far out of Wrigley!

they can't take juice anymore.....LOL I hear you....

Comment

Working...
                              X