Don't you have to go with Chicago?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't you have to go with Chicago?

Very unscientific, but EVERYONE on ESPN, radio, CBS, Foxsports, etc are all picking the Saints. Wage*line has about 70% on New Orleans. I just can't find any of the betting public on Chicago. Hell, I think New Orleans has more talent myself, but I feel compelled to money on Chicago.

Cold, windy, snowy, dome team, road game, it seems there are enough reason to go against the Saints. I know they looked good on a cold windy against the G-Men, but even a Chicago defense that has slipped due to injury seems to be considerably better than the G-Men's defense.

" New Orleans " A Very Good Bet
    jt4545

Fat Tuesday's - Home

Comment

that would just reitterate my point. Vegas ain't in the business of losing money.

Comment

hI Harold

I know your dilemna...I`m a devout Bears fan, but these `Aints`remind me so much of the `85 Bears, it ain`t funny...
        `cocky,confident, and cant do anything wrong` attitudes...But `da Bears` are the Bears, and I think they will find a real way to win this one....My gut tells me to go very light on this one, maybe take an O/U, grab a 12-pak and some munchies, and just enjoy what shows to be an excellent game....GL with whatever you do buddy...

Comment

I've seen and heard of many so called "experts" on the Bears also.

I believe I also heard a stat that said in the last 8 home playoff games for the Bears with the temp under 35 that they are 2-6...but don't quote me on that one....just hearsay.
          It's always noon somewhere!

My Fish and Aquariums

Griffey's Posted Record

Comment

Ive seen tons on both sides.....I like to think of this one, no one thought Tampa Bay stood a chance going into cold, windy, rainy Philly a few years back as a hot weather team and they got it done.

The weather will have no effect on who wins Sunday.

Also, both home teams have not won on Champ. Sunday in over 10 years...sooooo, I played NE +140 and NO +120....

Comment

The Saints defense finally gelled and has considerably improved the last six regular season games.

Something in this list seems out of place:

Tom Brady
              Peyton Manning
              Drew Breese
              What's his face

The conditions will probably affect Reggie Bush more than any other running back on either team due to his style, but McAllister is a workhorse and I wouldn't be surprised to see more of Carney. Bush is stilled a viable decoy.

I think the Saints adrenaline alone will factor out the weather conditions and win them the ball game. I would expect a performance similar to their Monday nighter vs the Falcons or their game at Dallas.

gl,
              dave
              Last edited by dave T; 01-19-2007, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Regardless of whether I like the Bears or not, the thought of betting on Rex Grossman in a big spot is enough to make me want to puke. The thought of having to watch and root for him for 3 hrs would put me in the grave.

It's either the Saints or no play for me...but perhaps a tease with NE and the Over in NO/Chi assuming the weather cooperates.
                Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

The side on this game is impossible. (I may have a play on the total, though, depending on the weather.)

You should know this stat, however, as it is remakably strong and covers 40 years.

Dome teams on the road outdoors in the playoffs are 16-45 SU although Indy did win on the road LW in Baltimore.

Comment

Originally posted by griswold
                    Dome teams on the road outdoors in the playoffs are 16-45 SU although Indy did win on the road LW in Baltimore.

No offense Griswold....but I think that that trend need to be looked at deeper than that.

Personally I think teams from 30 year ago have nothing to do with tomorrows game?
                    It's always noon somewhere!

My Fish and Aquariums

Griffey's Posted Record

Comment

Interesting. Two questions:

Do you know what the stat is for the last ten years?

Do you know what the stat is in the Conference Championships (for 40 years and 10 years)?

Anyone?

dt

Comment

Originally posted by harold_bush
                        Vegas ain't in the business of losing money.
                        This comment is soooo old.

Do you think Vegas wins every game? Do you think the public loses every game?

Comment

Originally posted by griffey_mojo
                          No offense Griswold....but I think that that trend need to be looked at deeper than that.

Personally I think teams from 30 year ago have nothing to do with tomorrows game?

So True .... I hate Trends ..... Trends are the PAST!!!!
                          "Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
                          is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'"

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
                            This comment is soooo old.

Do you think Vegas wins every game? Do you think the public loses every game?
                            it is soooo old, b/c it is soooo true. Obviously Vegas doesn't win every game, but I will GUARANTEE you that Vegas wins more than they lose, especially the ones when 70% are on one side. The public still wins some, but you are fighting the odds.

Comment

Working...
                            X