DEI, Sharpie agree on 2007 Busch sponsorship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEI, Sharpie agree on 2007 Busch sponsorship

OAK BROOK, Ill. -- Sharpie, a Newell Rubbermaid brand, announced it has inked an agreement with Dale Earnhardt Inc. to sponsor Dale Earnhardt Jr. in 2007. The first time Earnhardt will drive the No. 8 Sharpie car is in the Sharpie MINI 300, the NASCAR Busch Series race at Bristol Motor Speedway in March. In celebration of the partnership, a line of "No. 8" Sharpie markers will debut in stores nationwide in April.

"Sharpie is bold and Dale Jr.'s confidence, bold personality and drive to win embody the Sharpie brand," said Jill Rahman, vice president of marketing, Total U.S. Writing for Sanford, makers of Sharpie. "The new relationship joins the leading permanent marker brand, NASCAR's most popular driver and the passion of millions of fans. Together, we will make a bold mark."

As Earnhardt enters his eighth full season in the Nextel Cup Series, he has quickly taken the lead as one of the most successful drivers netting 17 trips to victory lane. His success on and off the track has fueled him to the Most Popular Driver Award the last four years and top five of "most-liked athletes in America," according to a 2006 Harris Interactive poll.

Well-known as the autograph marker of choice, Sharpie has been a NASCAR team sponsor since 2001 and is title sponsor of two races at Bristol Motor Speedway, the Sharpie MINI 300 Busch Series race March 24, and the Sharpie 500 Nextel Cup race August 25.

"I have used my share of Sharpie markers to sign autographs and in the shop, so bringing Sharpie on as a sponsor was a natural," said Dale Earnhardt Jr. "Sharpie has been part of racing for years and they continue to be committed to the fans and the sport. I can't think of a better fit, not to mention I can get all the Sharpie markers I need now."

Sharpie is planning a series of on and off track activities throughout the year, including brand advertising and in-store merchandising support for its new line of No. 8 Sharpie markers. Earnhardt will also lend a hand to Sharpie's Autographs for Action program, a national campaign benefiting community organizations, charities and schools with both funds and supplies.

so what?
    2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Questions, comments, complaints:
      [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry
        so what?
        more Busch races for Dale Jr

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
          I thought you were going to the bar??
          2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

thats where he belongs cause he cant cut it with the big boys.
            2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

I thought you were going to the bar??
              fixing to get a nap in first

Comment

fixing to get a nap in first
                Rest up because a bottle of Crown and a keg will be calling your name later.

Comment

Originally posted by longnex
                  Rest up because a bottle of Crown and a keg will be calling your name later.
                  yes sir i still have about half of the 1.75 liter of special reserve i bought last weekend

Comment

yes sir i still have about A SIP of the 1.75 liter of special reserve i bought last weekend

damn you got issues
                    2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

damn you got issues
                      that reserve is tasty bro. u ever had it?

Comment

that reserve is tasty bro. u ever had it?

no i'm not big on liquor. more of a beer guy here. i do drink jack and cokes but thats about it. bottles of beer or pints of beer are what i like
                        2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

no i'm not big on liquor. more of a beer guy here. i do drink jack and cokes but thats about it. bottles of beer or pints of beer are what i like
                          ur missing out

Comment

Working...
                          X