Ravens will cover - get it huge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ravens will cover - get it huge

I don't post much, but I have a unique perspective to help everyone who is considering a short term investment on the Ravens/Colts tomorrow.

Folks don't fully appreciate the meaning of this game to most fans in Baltimore tomorrow. For those of us in Baltimore that grew up living for the Horseshoe, this is our chance to finally bring closure to the Colts saga.

I lived the Colts. My sons have Baltimore Colt memorabilia in their rooms. My autographs of Johnny U, Artie Donovan, Lenny Moore, etc. My Baltimore Colt pennants are on their walls alongside the Ravens. Did I mention we HATE the Indy Colts?

We've accepted history, and felt like we got over it in 2000 when our Ravens won the Super Bowl. We live the Ravens now.

But for those in my generation (and there are a lot us), we've talked for 27 years about how one day we want the chance the Colts here for a playoff game - to knock them out. After 27 years, the day is tomorrow.

I know this is lost on a lot of today's players. The Colts have no clue. Some of the Ravens don't get it. BUT, A LOT OF THE RAVENS do. They know they are playing for the city. And believe me, the City gets it. The city is Purple. There is purple everywhere - you'd think this is the Super Bowl. And Billick knows what he's doing. He pushed hard for the players to get into the community this week, and they have. There have been a god zilliion appearances this week, where the city has gone nuts over them. Those players now get it. They don't understand why, and probably most people don't, but they understand that they are playing for that means the world to a lot folks. And they are enthused and loving it.

There are 14 current/former Pro Bowlers on this roster. They've combined for 115 playoff games, 14 Super Bowl rings and 17 of them have played in the big game. The kicker is as accurate as they come. Four defensive lineman/linebackers have 10+ sacks. Two former defensive players of the year. A shutdown cornerback. A lineman who can play safety. They have outgained their last 9 opponents. They have 60 sacks, and have given up 17. This is a complete football team, and they are playing an average one with a great quarterback. They understand what they have, and what they want. They are focused and they are excited.

Believe me, the city is PASSIONATE for this one. Like no other football game we've seen. Parking passes for the best lots for the game are selling for between $300-$500. FOR PARKING! You can barely get on an outer lot for $125. I'm telling you - it is electric.

But beyond all that, the Ravens are better. They're rested and healthy. The team has THE CHEMISTRY. It is their year. Watching them all year, you can see they have that 'something special'. You'll see it tomorrow. And next week, and again 2 weeks later.

I'm a homer, no doubt. But I'm a smart homer. One that took Cle + the points on 9/24 when the rest of the world was all over the Ravens. My wallet goes with my head.

My head has been telling me each week that the Ravens are having the magical ride of a season that makes Championships. I believe it, No question.

But back to tomorrow. This Ravens team feeds off its fans. We have the best home record in the past 5 years. The Colts are getting the public after looking so good last week. This gives us value. The Colts now feel good about themselves. They exercised the 'our run defense stinks demon'. And they are walking into a buzz saw. Heck, there's a group of fans organizing to set up outside the Colts hotel to make noise all night to keep the Colts up. They reason that it even takes noise to get arrested, and noise is the plan!

I say it again. WE HATE THE COLTS. WE ARE PASSIONATE and WE WILL BE AS LOUD AS WE CAN BE. After 27 years, this town is ready. This will feed the Ravens birds tomorrow.

Without the crowd info, I think the Ravens set up as a good bet tomorrow. With the crowd and the excitement factored in, it sets up as a GREAT BET tomorrow.

Lay the points. Huge. I will be laying 90% of the my largest wager of the year.

And good luck.

Doctor Z

ps - I tailgate next to Lenny Moore - what a class guy that ex Baltimore Colt is.

May I remind you that the COLTS have Payton Manning and should win this game OUTRIGHT!!!!

If COLTS defense play anything like they did against KC, vs a crappy BALT offense than they win this game!!!

All Peyton needs is a "little" help defensively!!!
    SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chado1
      May I remind you that the COLTS have Payton Manning and should win this game OUTRIGHT!!!!

If COLTS defense play anything like they did against KC, vs a crappy BALT offense than they win this game!!!

with all do respect Chado.....Colts a MUCH different team on the road and it will be CRAZY hard for anyone to go into Ravens field and beat them outright
      NHL Record posted on Bettorschat record forum...

Comment

I wouldnt say the Raven offense is crappy... they can run the ball effectively especially against a very weak Indy line...

Indy played at home last week and now has to travel to play a team with the best defense in the AFC...

To me this spells trouble as the Patriots never had a fantastic offense, but theyre defense kept Peyton off his game... seems like the same type of game to me...

Comment

Originally posted by Chado1

I agree. Peyton always had trouble against the 3-4 but I still like the Colts. Cant bet against Peyton. Anythign is possible when he's on the field.
          NFL Kruise
          2-2*

*updated as of 9/9

Comment

Yea thanks guys I like the COLTS but I think I will just lay off....

Will be tought for them to win on the road vs great D!!!
            SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Great write up Doctor Z,
              I have very fond memorys of watching those
              Great Old Pros play on Sundays with my dad
              as a kid, and that goes back to before there
              was a Super Bowl!
              Best of Luck Tomorrow
              I'm on it with you.

TOUCHDOWN FAT BOY!

I was Born my Pappy's Son,
              When I hit the ground, I was on the Run!
              Jon E. Checkers

Comment

I am solid on the under 42. I don't see a fun day for Peyton and neither do I see Balt running down the field. I have been on Balt and do really like their chances with Indy not having the best of road records. This reminds me of my thread of Fla winning the National Championship game- you have to balance your heart with your dedication of picking the right side- thats tough- Indy is hungry after last years loss to Pitt that knocked them out in the last minutes of the game. The Under still looks like the play to me. GL Doc PS I owned land at Ocean City MD and was privy to a few of the Balt players that lived in the area in 1972.
                Last edited by Spearit; 01-12-2007, 01:24 PM.
                "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

Comment

Rule #1:

Never bet with your home team. Bigeest jinx of them all.

GL to you.

Saying this, i like my Chargers big too.

LOL

Comment

Dr Z with all due respect the fans dont play on the field........most fans are fickle anyways and once they fall behind they get numb

With a lead the place gets unbearable......personally I like the Colts because I have seen Manning on many occasions beat up on the Ravens.

I actually like the Colts to win it all..

PEACE

Comment

I'll take the #1 Defense in the league, at home, coming off a bye all day long. And I'll go against a team that lost on the road to sorry ass Houston, in a meaningful game. Freeney wont be nearly as effective on real grass, where football should be played all the time.

You people are making a mistake if you put 2 cents into what happened with Indy/KC last week. KC sucks..plain and simple...and dont forget..Baltimore just man handled that same team...at KC. Peyton will be on his back quite a bit....Ill take the Ravens
                      Ravens 27
                      Colts 7
                      Last edited by mercman; 01-12-2007, 01:43 PM.
                      2007-08 Record
                      CBB 11-9

Comment

Originally posted by MRhotPICKS
                        I wouldnt say the Raven offense is crappy... they can run the ball effectively especially against a very weak Indy line...

Indy played at home last week and now has to travel to play a team with the best defense in the AFC...

To me this spells trouble as the Patriots never had a fantastic offense, but theyre defense kept Peyton off his game... seems like the same type of game to me...

what do you call tom brady then, AVERAGE? .......the baltimore offense is better than average and have good veteran leadership...this makes out to be a blowout especially with the extra week's rest

Comment

Originally posted by mercman
                          I'll take the #1 Defense in the league, at home, coming off a bye all day long. And I'll go against a team that lost on the road to sorry ass Houston, in a meaningful game. Freeney wont be nearly as effective on real grass, where football should be played all the time.

You people are making a mistake if you put 2 cents into what happened with Indy/KC last week. KC sucks..plain and simple...and dont forget..Baltimore just man handled that same team...at KC. Peyton will be on his back quite a bit....Ill take the Ravens
                          Ravens 27
                          Colts 7
                          Lets see, you lost to the Bengals and Colts PUNISHED them and Colts lost to Ten and Ravens beat Ten. So, all in all what does that mean....ABSOUTELY NOTHING.

You cant link one teams winning or loss to future outcome.

But Colts will prevail cuz I fucken hate the Ravens.
                          NFL Kruise
                          2-2*

*updated as of 9/9

Comment

DrZ I liked it already and i AGREE 100 %. This game reminds me of Miami coming into Papa Johns and I told everyone who would listen some very similar aspects that match yours.

Fans dont play, but dont think for 1 minute they dont influence the outcome of a game.

I will be all over this game, Peyton has always sucked in the playoffs and a Tiger cant change his stripes.

And i hate the Ravens, im a Steeler fan, so it takes alot for me to pull for them

ravens 27
                            colts 13

ps

thanks for the write up and sharing
                            Questions, comments, complaints:
                            [email protected]

Comment

with all due respect

I respect all opinions - that's what makes the board great.

Glad to see Colt backers; ensures me I'm not on too public a game.

Mtr City, I seem to remember you feeling similar about the Tigers, after watching them all year. When you posted about the Tribe, I thought as you now do. Turns out you were right. I see the weekly Ravens Mojo; this is a special year. This year, there are long 8 minute drives to kill games when needed, 80 yard TD passes when needed, turnovers when needed, etc. My post is meant to highlight this thought, and let everyone know what is going on locally so you factor it into your handicapping.

For 'never bet on the home team' -> I'm actually 12-4 on Ravens games this year (for and against). Of course, this is unposted, unverified and as such worthless to you all for verification but at least I know it to be true. If I could learn to just bet the Ravens games it would suit me well, but I am a degenerate gambler.

Good luck to all (especially me).

Comment

Working...
                              X