Kyle Busch helps Biffle from car during fiery crash at Vegas tire test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle Busch helps Biffle from car during fiery crash at Vegas tire test

The two drivers were helping Goodyear test tires on the remodeled speedway when Biffle apparently blew a tire, causing him to hit the wall between the first and second turns. The accident broke the fuel pump and caused his Ford to burst into flames.

Busch, who was trailing Biffle at the time of the accident, jumped from his car and helped Biffle to safety.

Although Biffle was uninjured, he did not continue the session.

"That was a really hard hit and we lost a good car, but I'm OK," Biffle said.

A track spokesman said Biffle was released from the care center, and left the race track driving his own car.

Biffle was scheduled to attend the Busch Series banquet at Walt Disney World on Friday evening, but the driver flew home to North Carolina and was going to wait to see how he felt before traveling to Florida.

Goodyear tested tires Wednesday and Thursday at Las Vegas, which added 20 degrees of banking this year. The tire company must find the correct compound to bring to a NASCAR-sanctioned test at the track in late January, and the Nextel Cup event there in March.

According the Las Vegas Motor Speedway website, lvms.com, the drivers were clocked at speeds near 187 miles per hour. Biffle told the site that it may be closer to 190 mph during qualifying for the March race. Kasey Kahne set the track qualifying record in 2004 with a lap of 174.904 mph.

Busch completed the test and said he liked the track alterations.

"There are a lot of neat characteristics to the track," said Busch, a Las Vegas native. "It's still pretty wide and a great racing surface. It's wide enough that we'll be able to run two and three wide. The transitions from the corner to the straightaways and then the straightaways to the corners are awesome."

Biffle suffered a dislocated shoulder in the crash.

Comment

Good thing Busch was behind him or he may not have made it out alive.. Have you saw a video clip or pics of the car while it was on fire?

Comment

iam sure hit didnt lose any teeth since he's a neck..............
        MY MEAT IN THE HOT DESERT.......

Comment

That Kyle Busch is a damn good kid.I hope he wins a championship soon.

Comment

Originally posted by TMAC951
            Good thing Busch was behind him or he may not have made it out alive.. Have you saw a video clip or pics of the car while it was on fire?
            No man I haven't. Any idea where I can see a clip?

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
              No man I haven't. Any idea where I can see a clip?
              not sure.. I will do a search on it and see if i can come up with anything. .I saw it on the local tv news the day after it happened.. Looked pretty bad from what i saw.. He is lucky..

Comment

bump for Dime

Comment

again
                  MY MEAT IN THE HOT DESERT.......

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X