X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday Gems

3-1 Yesterday if the Ducks hold on.

Alabama pk -101
    Notre Dame isn't an easy place to play. The Irish are 75-27 @ home the last six seasons. But Alabama is the perfect team to go into South Bend and get the victory. They are a well balance team; solid on offense and defense which equals success on the road, especially in a hostile environment. Alabama has held six of its seven opponents to shooting under 40% this year. Alabama has many weapons on offense as all five of Alabama's starters are averaging double-digits in scoring this year. Notre Dame won't be able to contain all of them. Take the Tide.

Miami (OH) 1st half, Michigan -2 -106 for game
    The 1st half NCCAB lines are not out yet so I will post this anyways as I think it's worth a shot. I think at worst I split and lose out on the juice. In six of Miami's first eight games the Redhawks have held halftime leads, outscoring opponents 214-189. They have been outscored in the second half, 246-111. I just can't ignore those numbers. Miami(OH) coach is obviously not making the proper half time adjustments.
    Last edited by weazel079; 12-06-2006, 11:37 PM.
    MLB (2014): (3-4) -.9 units

Huge Play for me in the NFL. I'm spreading it out, all 1 unit plays.

Steelers -7 -106
    Cleveland team total under 13 -117
    Steelers -.5/Chargers -2.5 (6.5 point teaser)

This game spells disaster for the Brownies. The main reason for this being a big play is Browns QB Charlie Frye (questionable, wrist) missed at least a portion of practice again Wednesday and is unlikely to play on Thursday night. It is nearly certain that Derek Anderson will start at Pittsburgh. Derek Anderson got his first snaps of the season last Sunday when Frye went down in the 1st half and performed very well. There is a big differenece between being called at notice and having a week to prepare. Backups never do as well when they have a week to prepare. This is a young QB were talking about here and probably not a very good one. He will be nervous and I don't expect him to play very well. When Frye is announced out I expect this line to soar up to 10. It's suppose to snow shower all day tomorrow in Pitt and the wind at game time is expected to be 20-30 mph. High wind affects the total score more than any other component in a football game (low scoring...more running less passing). With the snow and the wind this can only favor the Steelers since the Browns are one of the worst running teams in the NFL. Even though Pro Bowl WR Hines Ward is out for the Steelers, rookie Santonio Holmes and Nate Washington should still be able to take advantage of a depleted Cleveland secondary. Statistically the Steelers are one of the better teams in football. Despite their losing record, the Steelers are 11th in total defense, and the offense is ranked 7th in the NFL with 104 yards rushing and 241 passing yards per game. The Browns also haven't faired well in divisonal play the last few years going 2-9 ATS. Steelers should win by at least a 13 point margin. I don't see the Browns scoring more than 7. All Steelers tomorrow night.
    Last edited by weazel079; 12-07-2006, 02:46 AM.

Comment

I'm also on that teaser with SD!!! GL tomorrow Wes....How's it going? I just had my cast removed and heading back to Pgh to visit family until after New Years....We'll have to hook up when I get back!! 3-6 inches of snow by Friday Morning!!!
      Last edited by ChuckLazar; 12-07-2006, 02:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck E. Cheese
        I'm also on that teaser with SD!!! GL tomorrow Wes....How's it going? I just had my cast removed and heading back to Pgh to visit family until after New Years....We'll have to hook up when I get back!! 3-6 inches of snow by Friday Morning!!!
        let it snow, let it snow. Everything is going well. This next week though is hard on every single college student. After a few years of college I have learned its all about midterms and finals. Try to see how much information I can crunch into my head in a short amount of time. I'm one of the biggest procrastinators there are. For example I had a 10 page report do this morning that I started on Tuesday morning. It works for me.

After class tomorrow I'm going to head to the Laguna Sports bar to watch the game since I don't get it on cable. Hope I can make some dollars . Well have a great time with your family. Can't wait to see mine in a week. Family is one of the most important things in life and thats why I love the holidays.

Happy Holidays to Everyone @ BC
        Last edited by weazel079; 12-07-2006, 03:27 AM.

Comment

Gl Buddy
          2007 BCS and 2009 BCS CHAMPS
          2006 & 2007 NCAA MENS BASKETBALL CHAMPS
          2008 & 2010 RAYS BASEBALL AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPS

Comment

GL dude, I will be on Bama aswell!!!
            SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

079 good luck
              jt4545