Here's the deal....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's the deal....

To start off I have to let you know my bookie and I have a really weird "friendship". He is a nice guy but is almost too nice as he constantly buys me drinks at bar's whenever we run into each other or he gives me tickets to local sporting events. The funny thing is that I have only had to pay him one week out of as many. Well...here's the deal, (on Monday) when I told him of my Michigan +7 wager for Saturday, he advised me to lay off but that if I still wanted the wager he would give Michigan +7 to me at (+130) I am a medium bettor ("1 dollar" per game) and still don't see how I can pass this up!
    My question is would you go out on a limb and bet as many as "5 to 10dollars" or more on
    5* 0-0
    4* 0-0
    3* 1-0
    2* 1-0
    1* 0-1

God Bless America

To win :1* unit = $100

anything can happen so do not bet more than you can afford to lose first of all... secondly wait to see what the weather will be like. If it is anything like last night's game, the points are going to be nice to have. The storm thats supposed to hit Ohio will be bad, but will it last until Saturday. I hope it doesnt as this game will be something special. Can Ohio St win by DD? Yes.. Can Michigan pull off an upset... Yes

so my suggestion is wait and see what the weather is... and then lay off and enjoy what should be the best football game of the year.

Comment

If he gives you Michigan at +7 (+130), take it and lay a bet on any online book Ohio St -7 (-110) and pocket the juice, or wait until Friday and bet Ohio St -7 (-105) for the books that give you -105 juice on Fridays. Will make easy money unless Ohio St wins by 7 and you would push both bets.
      Posted record as of 03/12/08:

NBA 35-33 -.22 units
      NCAA Basketball 12-14-1 -3.08 units

Comment

Sportbet actually just sent me an email yesterday about a promo they run...

Make any of a select few games each week your best bet and receive an extra 15% bonus if it wins.... might even want to check that out and get Ohio St -6.5 and see where that might leave you.... or just leave it at -7 and if it hits, you should get some extra cash.... i mean thats an extra 150 for every 1000 bet... not exactly a monster amount, but something is better than nothing...

Comment

Indeed, thanks for your time!
          5* 0-0
          4* 0-0
          3* 1-0
          2* 1-0
          1* 0-1

God Bless America

To win :1* unit = $100

Comment

If you have only paid him 1 time all year, i would keep doing what you are doing and not change now. jmo
            Questions, comments, complaints:
            [email protected]

Comment

take the bet at +130 and lay off the rest at pinnacle where you can get ohio st -7 +100 right now-that way you are guaranteed $30 or if you like mich play it now and let it ride-or maybe even put in a tease with ohio st -1 with AUBURN +3 and win both ways

Comment

Originally posted by linemover
                take the bet at +130 and lay off the rest at pinnacle where you can get ohio st -7 +100 right now
                Agreed. you can win 30 per 100 bet with no risk.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
                  Agreed. you can win 30 per 100 bet with no risk.
                  yup bet a dime on both and you win $300 with no risk

Comment

Do you trade your losings for sexual favors? j/k

Comment

I think if it looks to good a deal go the other way

Comment

Originally posted by bwade210
                        To start off I have to let you know my bookie and I have a really weird "friendship". He is a nice guy but is almost too nice as he constantly buys me drinks at bar's whenever we run into each other or he gives me tickets to local sporting events. The funny thing is that I have only had to pay him one week out of as many. Well...here's the deal, (on Monday) when I told him of my Michigan +7 wager for Saturday, he advised me to lay off but that if I still wanted the wager he would give Michigan +7 to me at (+130) I am a medium bettor ("1 dollar" per game) and still don't see how I can pass this up!
                        My question is would you go out on a limb and bet as many as "5 to 10dollars" or more on

Take this guys advice and stay off this game. If you have to bet it take Ohio State.
                        You can live with one lung

Comment

Working...
                        X