Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montoya to drive 42 car, guaranteed spot in field

Mears switches to No. 30 Dodge, must qualify on time for Ford 400

Chip Ganassi Racing has moved Juan Montoya to the No. 42 Dodge for the Nextel Cup season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway on Sunday.

Montoya, who will be making his Cup debut, is now guaranteed a spot in the field based on owner points.

Casey Mears will try to qualify Ganassi's No. 30 Dodge. Mears is leaving the team after the race to join Hendrick Motorsports as driver of the No. 25 Chevrolet.

Last week at Phoenix, Ganassi said the team was considering the move. "A lot of it has to do with how many other cars that are entered and who has a better shot at qualifying,'' Ganassi said. "Obviously Casey [Mears] is a great qualifier, but we haven't even broached that subject."

Montoya has run in the last three Busch Series races at Memphis, Texas and Phoenix, finishing 11th, 28th and 20th, respectively. Ganassi said one of the biggest issues has been getting Montoya in and out of the pits in a "competitive manner.''

"You can have the fastest car there and if we can't get out of the pits you might as well not even be there,'' he said. "We've got to get the rest of the team organized around it. This has all come on pretty quick about putting him in a Cup race and everything."

How is our Sooners looking this week?
    Today I will be Happier than a Bird with a French Fry

Comment

Bob Stoops wasn't too happy with some reporters during his press conference yesterday when asked why Baylor always seemed to play them close, losing by 13 2 years ago, and taking the sooners to o.t. last year in norman. Watching Baylor last week, I get the impression they have kind of given up on the season with their starting quarterback going down with injury. Baylor is the type of team where if you get on them early and get them down, they will never be in the game, but if you let them hang around and hang around, their confidence seems to grow and they'll fight you to the end. Allen Patrick will be back from a sprained ankle last week and I think Stoops puts the critics to rest and the Sooners roll by 30 or so. I'm hoping they drill them and the linesmakers give OSU a couple points in line value Thanksgiving weekend as I'm liking OSU to give the Sooners all they want. Probably a 1* play on OU this weekend for me.

Comment

Go Kenseth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by longnex
          Go Kenseth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          He doesn't have a shot pal. Thanks for donating to Wayne

Comment

If he wins he still has no shot?

Comment

Originally posted by longnex
              If he wins he still has no shot?
              He has to win and lead the most laps and Johnson has to finish 13th or worse. Kenseth ain't winning it though, he has been running like shit. They have lost the handle on their car.

Comment

Man if Mears doesn't qualify I'm sure he will be pissed! I wonder if anyone has saved Mears for Homestead in survivor considering he should have won if not for the "mystery" caution that came out last year.

Comment

bump

Comment

bump
                    2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Comment

Bump for Dimer's Pizza Hut filled ass !!

Too Bad your Nascar picks suck, Pepperoni breath.......

Comment

Working...
                        X