X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will the cancer spread??

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
      I think it was a great trade for both teams. Detroit needed a big stick at DH to fill that void and sheffield will be perfect and hopefully injury free without having to play the field. They also have a BUNCH of young pitching talent already on the ML roster and there was no need to have those prospects just sit in the minors for the next few years waiting for a turn.

The Yankees pretty much had zero need for Sheffield and his mouth made him a goner. They also desperately needed some younger arms and they achieved that nicely in this deal.

I agree..i think both teams made out pretty well

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
        Will the cancer spread??
        I don't think so. He signed an extension and seems to want to be there (for now). I think he will be fine for at the very least 1 or 2 years and (IMO), it's a pretty risk free trade for Detroit with the abundance of pitching they have.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
          I don't think so. He signed an extension and seems to want to be there (for now). I think he will be fine for at the very least 1 or 2 years and (IMO), it's a pretty risk free trade for Detroit with the abundance of pitching they have.
          Do you think he's prepared to play a little DH or first base, or will the first time he's put there set him off?

Comment

Do you think he's prepared to play a little DH or first base, or will the first time he's put there set him off?
            He was signed there to DH and he's fine with that. They know how he feels about 1st base.

Comment

that lineup is a lot more dangerous with sheff and mags now.
              How many more titles will the Yankees try to buy it never ends.

Comment

For an organization who likes to spend and spend and foolishly, whew it's about time they got pitchers, and some young ones at that.

All those big bats and attitude and salaries didn't do squat! And no damn chemistry!

Comment

Will the cancer spread??
                  Jim Leyland dont fuck around

PEACE

Comment

Working...
                  X