HSBC Champions Golf Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSBC Champions Golf Tournament

Going with Defending Champion David Howell at +2811...he held off Tiger last year shooting a final round 68 to Tiger's 70. Howell fininshed with a winning number of -20 followed by Woods at -17. I will take a defending champion at these odds all day every day. Last year was the first year for this HSBC event and in events like this it is amazing how often the defending champion will at least have a chance...so here we go.

4:23am
    8-Nov-06 5:00pm
    8-Nov-06 Future Golf - HSBC Champions - Odds To Win
    +2811 450.00>12,649.50
    HSBC Champions
    Odds To Win The Tournament
    To Win HSBC Champions
    D. Howell

GL

Originally posted by KINGFISH
    Going with Defending Champion David Howell at +2811...he held off Tiger last year shooting a final round 68 to Tiger's 70. Howell fininshed with a winning number of -20 followed by Woods at -17. I will take a defending champion at these odds all day every day. Last year was the first year for this HSBC event and in events like this it is amazing how often the defending champion will at least have a chance...so here we go.

+2811 450.00>12,649.50
    HSBC Champions
    To Win HSBC Champions
    D. Howell

GL
    FYI...

player profiles

David Howell

Nationality: United KingdomDate of Birth: 23 June 1975Height: 6ft 1inWeight: 12st 7lbsplayer bio
    World Ranking: 14

European Tour Order of Merit: 3

Turned Pro: 1995

European Tour Victories: 4

International Victories: 1

Howell returns to the Sheshan International Golf club as the defending champion after a battling performance last year to hold off the challenge of World No.1 Tiger Woods and claim the inaugural HSBC Champions crown.

Howell had a notable amateur career that included victory in the British Boys Championship in 1993 and collecting two and a half points out of three in the 1995 Walker Cup victory over a Tiger Woods-led United States team at Royal Porthcawl.

He collected his first professional victory in November 1998 when he won the Australian PGA Championship by seven strokes and three months later he secured his maiden European Tour title at the 1999 Dubai Desert Classic.

Coached for many years by Pete Cowen he reverted to his original coach, Clive Tucker at the end of a disappointing 2002 after making a conscious decision to work harder and employ a physiotherapist and fitness coach to help his development.

The Englishman had an unfortunate experience in April 2002 when he suffered a broken arm after tripping over when jogging, thus missing the chance to play in The Seve Trophy that year at Druids Glen.

However he returned to form in 2004 to become one of the heroes of Europe’s record-breaking Ryder Cup victory over the United States.

His stature in the game continued grow in 2005 despite missing ten vital weeks in mid-season due to a torn stomach muscle that was caused by swinging a heavy driver belonging to Fiji's Vijay Singh.

In June that year he suffered back to back play-off defeats but everything came together in August when he won the BMW International Open before opening the 2006 season with a stunning success in this event.

His strong run of form continued throughout the season with a notable fifth place finish at the WGC-Accenture Match Play in February and more importantly victory at the BMW Championship at Wentworth in May.

His five-shot triumph in the latter event not only saw him become the first English winner of the European Tour's flagship event since Nick Faldo in 1989 but it also lifted hin into the top ten of the Official World Golf Rankings for the first time in his career.

His rise to the elite of the game was further endorsed by top 20 finishes in both the Masters Tournament and the US Open and a breakthrough into the World's Top 10.

Injury woes have returned to plague him as he bids for the Order of Merit title but he remains in the hunt as the season draws to a close.

Comment

I tried it for 100 at 25-1 if this hits you are a legend in my book

PEACE

Comment

gl buddy !

Comment

Best of luck KingFish!

Comment

Glad to see you're back King.....Where you been?

KAZ
            [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Originally posted by KazDog
              Glad to see you're back King.....Where you been?

KAZ
              Thanks Kaz...just taking a break. Glad to be back!

Comment

I won my flight of our club championship. Of course it was the bottom flight and I beat up a bunch of old men, but I was inspired by you. My 20 handicap is coming down slowly but surely. Ever since I started chipping with one hand, my scores have been a lot better. I had the yips since I started golfing at chipping and no one has been able to cure it, except for one handed chipping.....It's amazing what a guy can do with just one hand.....Ha ha ha

welcome back...KAZ
                [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Originally posted by KazDog
                  I won my flight of our club championship. Of course it was the bottom flight and I beat up a bunch of old men, but I was inspired by you. My 20 handicap is coming down slowly but surely. Ever since I started chipping with one hand, my scores have been a lot better. I had the yips since I started golfing at chipping and no one has been able to cure it, except for one handed chipping.....It's amazing what a guy can do with just one hand.....Ha ha ha

welcome back...KAZ
                  That's hilarious...lmao

Congratulations on your win...a win is a win! Next year you move up a couple flights.

Comment

Originally posted by KINGFISH

+2811 450.00>12,649.50
                    HSBC Champions
                    To Win HSBC Champions
                    D. Howell

GL
                    Tough round yesterday for Howell...had it -2 and then had some trouble finishing at +1 (73). Look for a solid perfomance today, maybe 66 or 67. That would get him around -4 or -5 and in position for at least a chance over the weekend. Leader is sitting at -7...lot's of inexperience at the top right now. Look for some serious changes in that leaderboard after today.

Tiger sitting at Even par (72)...

Comment

Working...
                    X