Tid-Bits for Seamheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tid-Bits for Seamheads

As the year get past the halfway mark and we trudge along ,, lets offer some interesting stats to complement our strategies ;

Best batters to produce a winning R.B.I

National ;

Sheffield / Braves ---------- 21
    Pujols / Cards ------------- 20
    Sexson / Brewers --------- 19
    Wilson / Rockies ---------- 19
    Jenkins / Brewers --------- 18
    Gonzalez / D-Backs --- Rodriguez / Marlins --- 17
    Berkman / Astros --- Edmunds / Cards --- A. Jones / Braves --- Klesco / Padres --- 16

American ;

Delgado / Bluejays -------- 21
    Anderson / Angles --------- 20
    Giambi & Matsui / Yanks -- 19
    Young / Tigers --------------- 17
    Beltran / Royals --- Gonzalez / Texas --- Martinez / Mariners --- Ramirez / Boston --- Soriano / Yanks ---- 16

They each and everyone have to depend on the top of thier lineup to put them in the cat-birds seat [ lone exception Soriano ]

So how do we apply such knowledge ?

1st. and foremost is how deep will a starter go into the game [ and how good is he ] , and ranking very high here is middle relievers , because they in actuality are the ones serving up the bean-ball that gets these guys thier game winners !
    And least we forget the batters in front of them , they have to have a decent on-base-pct. , and being a little warm as of late doesnt hurt a thing either.

It can be very useful in determining where and how to lay a bet !

Brought to you from the " Sunny Shores " of Ragtown !

***MMM***

:cool: :cool: :cool:
    " The Wind Does Not Wait For The Tree To Bend "

Point of Contention

I follow up this post with a perfect example to point out the selection process when using this formula pretaining to pitching.

Braves vs. Expos

1st -- " The batters in front of them "
    Braves - combined OBP of the front 5
    Giles , Furcal , Sheffield , C. Jones , A. Jones = .378

Expos - combined OBP of the front 5
    Chavez , Carroll , Cabrerra , Wilkerson , Cordero = .359 [ if Guerrero`s in the line up increase this to .381 ]

So this advantage however slight goes to the Braves [ unless "G"`s playing ? ]

Being warm as of late :

Advantage = Expos

Starters = Hampton vs. Vazquez

Advantage = Expos [ based on recent preformances , Hamptons been getting saved by various out of norm reasons , Vazquez 1-0 and .089 era vs. them also ]

Now we get to the juicy part of this :

Middle Relievers = Braves boys are not going to set a fire in my opinion , just last night they went a combined 4.37 ERA and arent on thier best game as of late [ cold ] Expos fellas are , as of last night [ and of late = hot ] 3.37 ERA , a full run better !

Just a few other things lean me towards the Expos in this tilt , but enough of the boring stats [ that determine winners in the long run ]

Time tells all .

***MMM***

:cool: :cool: :cool:
    " The Wind Does Not Wait For The Tree To Bend "

Comment

Working...
    X