Football Newsletters & Nfl Futures Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football Newsletters & Nfl Futures Play

FOOTBALL SEASON IS NEAR AND I HAVE BEEN GETTING THE NEWSLETTERS FOR THIS UPCOMING SEASON. I ORIGINALLY STATED AT THE END OF LAST SEASON THAT THERE WOULD BE A ONE TIME CHARGE $65 FOR THE SEASON FOR NEXT SEASON...OR IF YOU HOLD OFF IT WILL BE ALOT MORE. I WILL HONOR THAT PRICE ONLY UNTIL THE END OF THIS WEEK. I CANNOT HAVE WHAT HAPPENED TO ME LAST YEAR HAPPEN AGAIN. STARTING IN AUGUST IT WILL GO UP TO $100 AS THERE WILL BE NO DISCOUNTS. I AM NOT GOING TO KEEP ANY EXTRA FUNDS THAT I HAVE LEFT OVER FOR PROFIT SO I WILL INCLUDE SOME SERVICES PLAYS ON THOSE DAYS AND SOME PAY PLAYS BY OTHER CAPPERS THAT I FOLLOW AS WELL AS THE PLAYS THAT I PLAY.

BASICALLY HERE IS WHAT YOU WILL GET. FOR NEXT SEASON I WILL BE GETTING THE FOLLOWING NEWSLETTERS: AND WHAT THEY COST PER WEEK.

1. POWERSWEEP $7
    2. POWERPLAYS $7
    3. SPORTS REPORTER $7 (MAY NOT BE ELECTRONIC, BUT I AM HOPING)
    4. POINTWISE $7
    5. GOLD SHEET $7
    6. CKO $15
    7. TECHICAL REPORT BY GOLDSHEET $10
    8. RED SHEET $10
    9. MONEYMAKER $7 (ALSO MAY HAVE A PROBLEM A FEW TIMES)
    10.SUNSHINE FORECAST $6
    11. STEAM SHEET

SO YOUR LOOKING AT OVER $2000 IN INFORMTION OVER A SEASON! PLEASE NOTE THIS VARIES WEEK TO WEEK DUE TO TECHNICAL PROBLEMS AND OTHER UNFORSEEN EVENTS BUT EVERYWEEK YOU WILL GET "MOST" OF THEM IF NOT ALL OF THEM.

THEN YOU WILL GET SOME SERVICES PLAYS, ALL OF MY PLAYS EVEN THE ONES I DO NOT POST HERE BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE TIME. BASICALLY I WILL START POSTING/PLAYING GAMES COME BASEBALL AGAIN. AGAIN THIS IS FIRST COME FIRST SERVE NO EXCEPTIONS. MY EMAIL IS [email protected] IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. THANKS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A unit for me is $100 and plays are rated occordingly from opinion plays up to 8 units which is a very high rated slection. I am not a service, and I play all the games I bet on. [/color]

8* MY TOP PLAY...VERY RARE (23-8 ) LAST YEAR IN FOOTBALL (74%)
    6-7* HIGH RATED SELECTION ONLY WHEN ALOT OF GAMES ON THE CARD TO CHOSE FROM (WELL OVER 60%)
    5* STRONG PLAY USUALLY HIGHEST WHEN ONLY A FEW GAMES
    4* STRONG SELECTION
    3* PROBABLE COVER
    2* A GAME THAT SHOULD COVER
    1* ALMOST AN OPINION SELECTION
    OPINION PLAY: GAME THAT I THINK MAY WIN BUT OFTEN JUST TO WATCH A GAME OR A LEAN.

Summary of Plays:
    (1) Seattle Seahawks to win more than 7.5 games in 2003
    Opinion: Seattle Seahawks +400 to win their division title

b]Detailed Analysis[/b]

NFL RANKINGS 2001 2002
    OFF RUSH 9 20
    OFF PASS 27 3
    DEF RUSH 15 32
    DEF PASS 23 18
    TOT OFF 25 7
    TOT DEF 20 28
    SACKS VS 26 12
    SACKS BY 18 28
    TURNOVERS +6 +2

The Seattle Seahawks are the most underrated playoff bound team in the NFL.

They have playmakers at the key positions on offense; and will return key players on a poorly ranked defensive unit that suffered due to the absence of their stars

Coaching and Ownership:

Owner Paul Allen wants to win. He has relieved HC Mike Holmgren of is GM duties and brought in Bob Whitsitt to take the mantle of GM. After finishing 7-9 last year this may be Holmgren's last shot to turn the corner with his team. Holmgren's former defensive coordinator Ray Rhodes was hired to rebuild a last place run defense. Rhodes has worked with Holmgren before as part of his championship team in Green Bay.

Seahawks have the strongest coaching staff in the NFC West.

2003 DRAFT

RD-# POS PLAYER
    1-11 CB Marcus Trufant
    2-42 FS Ken Hamlin
    3-73 OT Wayne Hunter
    4-110 QB Seneca Wallace
    4-135 ILB Solomon Bates
    5-165 FB Chris Davis
    6-183 DT Rashad Moore
    7-222 K Josh Brown
    7-224 WR Taco Wallace

Seattles 1st 2 selections were a big improvement for the secondary, and they raced to the podium with the 11th pick as Trufant is a top-notch cover corner while Hamlin is a hitter who had 381 career tackles (school record) in his 3 yrs at Arkansas.

The Seahawks went younger and faster at Free Saftey signing Damien Robinson after being rebuffed by Kwamie Lassiter. The Defenseive line will improve on its #32 ranking against the run with the additions of FA Hand & #6 DC Moore. They both bring considerable size to the DT position.The #28 ranking in sacks should be improved with the addition of Okeafor at DE. #4 DC Bates played LB in a 4-2-5 at Arizona St but while not possessing the greatest range is a solid tackler and could push for time at MLB.

Offensively, Seattle added some depth to the OL with the additions of FA Thompson and #3 DC Hunter, who played at pass happy Hawaii and has good pass protection skills. Depth was added with DC's Davis & the 2 Wallaces.

Offense:

The Seahawks finished with a flourish last year and ended up with the 7th overall rated offense in the NFL. They had the most potent offense within the NFC West.

Seattle No. 7
    San Francisco 49ers No. 8
    St. Louis Rams No. 13
    Arizona Cardinals No. 27

They return all of their key playmakers on offense, including QB Matt Hasselbeck, RB Shaun Alexander, WR's Darrell Jackson and Koren Robinson. The light finally went off for Hasselbeck running Holmgren's WCO over the 2nd half of last year - he was the top rated QB in the NFL over the final 5 games of the season.

They have tendered Pro Bowl caliber LT Walter Jones, who has not reported to voluntary training camp. However the Seahawks have covered themselves by trading for serviceable LT Michael Thompson of Atlanta (Thompson may have a degenerative knee condition). We do expect Jones will report to the mandatory camp and fulfill the terms of his contract. At right tackle the Seahawks have improved the position with the addition of Chris Terry. Even with the questionable contract status of LT Walter Jones the offensive line looks to be a strong unit. If Jones is there this could be a dominating unit.

Superbowl winning QB Trent Dilfer is penciled in as the back-up QB. This is a guy who is a consummate team leader. He knows his limitations and is a team player. As the back-up he will support Hasselbeck and be ready to step in if needed. This off-season Dilfer suffered the loss of his 5-year old son. As fathers ourselves we extend our condolences.

Besides Pro Bowl caliber starting receivers Darrell Jackson and Koren Robinson Seattle has a solid possession receiver in Bobby Engram and a developing young talent in Alex Bannister.

Running back Shaun Alexander has spent the off-season with a personal trainer to improve his speed and burst. He is reportedly in excellent football shape. Last year (2002) he rushed for over 1100 yards for 4.0 YPC and 16 TDs. With the passing game clicking...

Look for Alexander to put up similar, if not better numbers this year.

The only question mark on offense is at tight end. Starting TE Jerramy Stevens has the raw physical tools, but we're not sure how devoted he is to improving himself. We saw Stevens drop a lot of passes last year - one in the end zone against Arizona that would have won the game and kept Seattle in playoff contention. We suspect this character's NFL career will be very short, and Seattle may be better served cutting him loose.

The 'Seahawks sport a potent 3-wide passing attack that opens things up underneath for RB Shaun Alexander. The key division rivals, St. Louis and San Francisco, simply don't have the talent & depth in the secondary to match-up with Seattle's receivers.

The Seahawks to have the strongest overall offense in the NFC West. This may be a top 5 unit in the entire NFL.

Defense:

This looks to be a make or break year for HC Holmgren and he made a top-notch coaching addition in making Ray Rhodes his defensive coordinator, something that should help improve that unit Greatly. The Seahawks had the league's last place rush defense in 2002. Allowing 153 RYG with a 4.9 average yards per carry. BUT, this stat is skewed by team defensive injuries and the overall strength of rushing attacks the Seahawks played last year:

Not only did they face potent offenses within their own division, they drew the leagues top offensive division in the AFC West.

The Seahawks lost two of their Pro Bowl caliber starting linebackers for more than half of the season - Playmakers Anthony Simmons and Chad Brown.

Without two of the best defensive players in their line-up for the better part of the season the Seahawks faced the top group of running backs in the league last year:

LaDanian Tomlinson
    Priest Holmes
    Charlie Garner
    Clinton Portis
    Marshall Faulk (twice)
    Garrison Hearst / Kevin Barlow (twice)
    Michael Bennett
    Stephen Davis
    Tiki Barber

The Seahawks face a much less daunting cast of running backs this season:

Look for the Seahawks run defense numbers to be greatly improved in 2003

Seattle has acquired two gap defensive tackle Norman Hand to line-up in the middle next to Chad Eaton. Hand didn't fit in very well with the scheme New Orleans. In Seattle all he will be asked to do is take up blockers and let the linebackers make the plays - A system he was very effective at with his days in San Diego. Hand has been attending the Seahawks off season conditioning program and is reported to be now within 10 pounds of his playing weight. Look for Hand and Eaton to be the starters in the middle of the defensive line on running downs and John Randle to rotate in on passing downs.

Seattle acquired speedy free agent DE Chike Okeafor from the 49'ers. We like this signing because it helps Seattle's pass rush and weakens a key need for a primary division rival.

The weakest position for Seattle's defense may be at MLB; where they have 2nd year player Orlando Huff and Isaiah Kacyvenski battling for the starting slot. The Seahawks are hoping one of these players emerges as at least a serviceable starting player. We think Huff may be the man. However, the organization may pick up a veteran off the waiver wire to man the middle.

The strongest unit on the Seahawks is the undoubtedly the secondary. This unit boasts 2 first round draft picks at CB in Shawn Springs and rookie Marcus Trufant. In addition they have 2 second round defensive backs in CB Ken Lucas, and S Reggie Tongue. They also have veteran Marcus Robertson who never gets caught out of position. Second round draft pick, safety Ken Hamlin from Arkansas, could be a very good player. We watched this guy make some great athletic plays in his College career. He comes with off field baggage, but unlike Jerramy Stevens, he seems committed to working on his character issues. Look for Hamlin to be a contributor on special teams in 2003.

Top rookie CB Trufant will be given the chance to start on the outside, because the position is easier to learn. Springs will move inside to cover the slot receiver and Lucas will remain on the outside. This shapes up to be one hell of a strong secondary.

The Seahawks have the strongest secondary in the pass happy NFC West, and one of the better secondary units in the entire NFL.

With the addition of new DC Ray Rhodes, the return of key injured players and new additions on defense, look for the Seahawks to sport a markedly improved overall defense in 2003.

The Seahawks play the 31st ranked easiest schedule in the league

Special Teams:

The Seahawks most deficient unit on the team may be special teams. They lost under-rated punter Jeff Feagles to the Giants. Feagles was excellent at pinning down the opposition. Rodney Williams (from the Giants) is penciled in to take his place. They have rookie Josh Brown penciled in as the kick-off guy. This looks like a major question mark area to us.

Seattle special teams coverage units may be a weak link for the team

Last year the Seahawks gave up a punt return for 1 touchdown; in addition 2 kick-offs were returned for touchdowns. The Seahawks coverage units will need to improve this year if the Seahawks are to contend for the division title.

Prediction:

The Seahawks to win 9 -10 games this season. They should contend for the division title with the 49ers. The Seahawks enjoy fundamental unit to unit match-up advantages against other opponenets in their division which they can exploit in head to head match-ups with their key division rivals.

The 49'ers and the Rams are desperately thin in the secondary. Seattle should be able to move the ball downfield by going over the top against both of their primary division rivals.

Seattle faces a tough home run stretch over the final 4 games of the season. Three of the final 4 are on the road at tough venues: Minnesota, St. Louis and San Francisco. If they can pull off an upset at either the Vikings or the Rams, the final season game on December 27th at the 49'ers could be for the division crown.

PLAY: Seattle Seahawks to win more than 7.5 games in 2003.

The Seahawks at +400 are the best money play on the board to make for pulling an upset to win their division title. They have the easiest schedule of their respective division title contenders.

* In compiling this writeup I used numerous sources. Thanks, FF, powersweep, goldsheet, and NFL.com.

I will send a few preseason sheets at no charge!

Comment

Working...
    X