Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seamheads [ Wednesday ]

And we thought we knew it all ?

Just when the water got warm and we thought the wheeling and dealing was over the Bosox actually make a great move to improve thier chances in the second half. Scott Sauerbeck is " really " very effective against lefties [ look out Yanks ] .

And the Cubs do some swaps of thier own , to cover up injuries of recent days gone by .

And the Yanks , well can Jesse Orosco still walk ? [ didnt he play with the Babe ? ]

Now lets get to the good stuff ;

My first look at todays action caused something to jump off the pages at me , the Braves [ Hampton ] vs. Marlins [ Redman ] offer some interesting stats . Granted that Hampton has the best E.R.A. [ .125 ] in the majors against lefties but the Marlins counter with 2 switch hitters , 5 righties , and only 2 lefties in thier line-up , couple that with Redmans 3 to 1 strike-out ratio and 3 complete games and I smell blood here !

6-1 in Redmans last 7 [ over ]
    5-0 in Hamptons last 5 [ over ]
    Marlins 29-21 over on the road
    Braves 29-17 over at home
    last 18 games between them 12-6 [ over ]

Pick = Marlins + 150 *** and over 9 *****

Rest of the Best ;

S.F. / Ari. = dont bet against this Brower [ pitches very well ]

Pick = S.F. - 120 ***

Bluejays / White-Sox = Halladays on fire [ throw water on him ]

Pick = Jays - 170 ***

Pitt. / Cinn. = even Cinn. can beat a team thats just had the rug pulled out from under them

Pick = Reds - 110 *****

Astros / Brewers = Rusch for the brew-crew sports a loffty .356 batting avg. against him , what more needs to be said ?

Pick = Astros - 210 ***

Oakland / Seattle = Zito is a bit off this year [ 54 walks for 2nd. in the N.L. ] and had the run support been there for Franklin his record would be far better.

Pick = Seattle + 110 *

My likes of the rest

Minn - 155

Angles - 145

Boston - 240 [ ouch ]

Clev. - 160

L.A. -180

Philly pk.

Expos - 190

And another nugget = S.D. over St. Louis pk. ***

Brought to you from the sunny shores of the Leaper Colony !

***MMM***

:cool: :cool: :cool:
    Last edited by MemphisMafia; 07-23-2003, 04:07 PM.
    " The Wind Does Not Wait For The Tree To Bend "

Disappointed in Pitt.

Jump on this one just form the mental state of affairs in thier clubhouse , they have lost 4 very good and well liked players in recent days and thier morale is at low-tide !

Cinn. - 110 *****

***MMM***
    " The Wind Does Not Wait For The Tree To Bend "

Comment

Another reason Cinn. might be a good play is that all comp. lines are giving out the Pirates(majority is usually wrong as you well know).

Comment

Working...
      X