Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What in the World ???

Comon ,,, give me a break here ?

What kinda world do we live in right now , at a time when the media covers " eating contests " , like they where the playoffs , at a time when they cover a former college quarterbacks gambling trial [ Court T.V. ] , at a time when we know more about Alan Iversons high school life [ i.e. Lebron James ] , at a time when we need Mel Kiper Jr. to tell us " whos going to be a star " , at a time when mere excellence isnt good enough for the masses anymore [ we need dirt ] , We prefer deviance to dryness , which is why Mike Tyson and Jose Canseco can stay newsworthy even a decade removed from thier last athletic feat of relevance .

Baseball just isnt cool enough , fast enough , current enough , or violent enough to engage todays short attention span , we want Dennis Rodman , Ron Artest , Ray Lewis . N.F.L & the N.B.A. produce star power marketing machines even if they do nothing to deserve it [ Peyton Manning anyone ? ]

I would propose that Brian Giles of the Pirates [ one of the games 10 best offensive players ] even though nobody knows it but seamheads deserves better notice , or better yet Albert Pujols ,,,, soon to be reconized as the games greatest hitter since the " Splendid Splinter " should get thier just due ????

Dan Le Batard [ ESPN Mag ]

Brought to you from the infamous Leaper Colony from the sunny shores of Ragtown

Good Day !

***MMM***
    " The Wind Does Not Wait For The Tree To Bend "

well said Memphis Mamma

but about your Brian Giles comment :confused: :D not sure i agree with you there

he cant even lead his own team in homers, average, rbi's

so i really doubt he can be top 10 in the league........but he is a good player.....:D , but top 10???

Comment

Re: well said Memphis Mamma

Originally posted by Baseball_Nut
      but about your Brian Giles comment :confused: :D not sure i agree with you there

he cant even lead his own team in homers, average, rbi's

so i really doubt he can be top 10 in the league........but he is a good player.....:D , but top 10???
      Hi big guy , based my [ add his ] comment on the previous seasons [ 6 ] , in which he has very quietly excelled !

G.L. & G.B.

***MMM***

<<< this current season !
      " The Wind Does Not Wait For The Tree To Bend "

Comment

Pirates

I like B Giles

too bad they have a limited budget, i always liked the Pirates and like when they win

they have some good young talent:cool:

Comment

Working...
        X