Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confirmed Thrusday Ncaa Selection (final)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confirmed Thrusday Ncaa Selection (final)

HEY GUYS...I'M SO SORRY FOR NOT HAVING TIME TO POST NFL THIS WEEKEND...WENT AN AMAZING 6-1. WELL ANYWAYS HERE;S MY ONLY SELECTION FOR TONIGHT.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    AUBURN (4 - 0) at S CAROLINA (3 - 1)
    Week 5 Thursday, 9/28/2006 7:30 PM
    vs.

Analysis

Yes I am aware that South Carolina will be fired up; probably open strong with some defensive stops, spitting out “revenge”…for 41 point loss at the hands of this Auburn team last season 48-7! But I cannot ignore the fact that on paper, this seems like pretty much a no-contest, and sometimes, what seems like a no-contest really is a no-contest. Auburn (4-0 SU & 3-1 ATS) will lean on its mammoth offensive line and a deep backfield and junior QB Brandon Cox (15 touchdowns, 8 interceptions in 2005). No. 3 Auburn had a dominating defensive performance in a 7-3 win over sixth-ranked LSU, before taking it easy last week. After a slow start, the Tigers managed to get their offense going a little bit, armed with a lot of backup players, and pushed aside the pesky Buffalo for a 38-7 victory. With starting running back Kenny Irons held out of the game, the offensive plan was aimed at leaning on the running game and using a lot of players. The Tigers led just 10-0 at halftime. The Auburn defense is outstanding up front and should have little trouble stopping a nearly non-existent South Carolina running game (81 and 35 yards rushing in its two SEC games). Auburn out gained Washington State 484-274, gaining 293 yards on the ground without a turnover. As mentioned above, Auburn’s star tailback Kenny Irons sat out of last weeks game. Well he was not the only one as their QB Brandon Cox also sat out that game and both should be primed and ready for this nationally televised contest.

Meanwhile, South Carolina, (3-1 SU & 2-1 ATS) are not playing the kind of dazzling offense Steve Spurrier would like, averaging 21 just points per game. A problem here is that South Carolina is allowing 176 yards rushing per game, and that's Auburn's strength. Wofford ran for 290 yards and Georgia had 198. Last year's loss was the second-worst loss of his 17-year college career for Steve Spurrier. One good thing is that last year quarterback Syvelle Newton didn't play, so Spurrier was forced to start Antonio Heffner, his first career start! This time, Newton will start. He's elusive, and will test a Tigers’ defense ranked second in the SEC with 13 sacks in four games. Spurrier said blown assignments are to be expected with an inexperienced Gamecock line with two freshman starters, right guard Garrett Anderson and left tackle Hutch Eckerson. That could pose big problems, so it will be up to the South Carolina defense to try and keep them in it. Again, don’t be all that concerned here when South Carolina comes out strong on defense. Just wait for the game to progress as Auburn’s talented offensive front and OC Al Borges’ creative play calling will wear down an average South Carolina defense in the second half. On offense, South Carolina does not have a quarterback that can play and succeed against a defense of this level, and/or counter what an offense like Auburn's can do. South Carolina was extremely lucky last season to be on the right side of a lot of good fortune created by their defense. Offensively, they logged the fewest plays in the nation -- that's what happens when a ''down'' offense plays against SEC defenses. Even against Mississippi State to begin this season, South Carolina logged only 55 offensive plays and against Georgia, only 56. They got really lucky to cover against Mississippi State and they got shut out by Georgia.

From a technical standpoint, Auburn is dominant. First, South Carolina Steve Spurrier is only 6-9 ATS at home for South Carolina, while Auburn is an impressive 7-2 ATS its their last 9 road games. Moreover, Auburn has dominated SEC teams over the past two-plus years. The Tigers are 18-1 SU in conference play and are 15-3 ATS over that span, The Gamecocks are averaging less than eight points a game against lined competition this fall and are a woeful 1-16 ATS in their last 17 games scoring 14 or less. One last item to consider is the following. Auburns melancholy performance against Buffalo last weeks adds some significant value to this line. As mentioned above, Auburn rested many players and by playing basically a "scrimmage" last week vs. Buffalo, missing the spread by just -11 points give the perception that Auburn was an overvalued team. Meanwhile, Spurrier opened up his offense against outclassed Florida Atlantic last Saturday, beating the spread by +9 points…Undervalued! Sorry Mr. Linesmaker were much smarter then that. Lay it!

Verdict: Auburn 38, So Carolina 7
    OPINION SELECTION ON AUBURN -13.5

as always love the write up... so in depth and excellently spelled out... GL

Comment

WOW...31 point victory and only an opinion...I love the play E Law...GL buddy! Thanks for sharing!
      Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Whenever I read your write ups, I feel the need to look for the deed to the house!

Comment

Lol...guys You Have To Understand Something About Me. I Beleive Nothing In Sports Is A Lock! So I Do Not Tout Anything As A Sure Thing And I Beleive That Anybody Who Does Is Just Blowing Smoke Up Your Ass.

Thats Probably Why I Have Little Sucess In Developming A Following In Most Places Because I Do Not Use "game Of The Month, Day, Year Type Descriptions" I Do Have A Game Of The Year...1 For Each Sport Because It Says What It Is...the Best Play Of The Season.

I Won My Highest Rated Play This Year With Colorado +27 Last Week But It Was Only A 2* Unit Selection. Since I Bet Everything With My Own Money...im Not Interested In Blowing Smoke Up Anybody's Ass!

Comment

GL Ethan!

Comment

Gl.
              Luck favors the prepared.

In the room the women come and go
              Talking of Michelangelo

Comment

Love the write ups each week. Good call with TULSA last week ...please post NFL this week as you defend your opinions well.
                Bet with your head, not your heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Ethan Law
                  Lol...guys You Have To Understand Something About Me. I Beleive Nothing In Sports Is A Lock! So I Do Not Tout Anything As A Sure Thing And I Beleive That Anybody Who Does Is Just Blowing Smoke Up Your Ass.

Thats Probably Why I Have Little Sucess In Developming A Following In Most Places Because I Do Not Use "game Of The Month, Day, Year Type Descriptions" I Do Have A Game Of The Year...1 For Each Sport Because It Says What It Is...the Best Play Of The Season.

I Won My Highest Rated Play This Year With Colorado +27 Last Week But It Was Only A 2* Unit Selection. Since I Bet Everything With My Own Money...im Not Interested In Blowing Smoke Up Anybody's Ass!
                  Wow, and you didn't share Colorado with us....I though twe were your boys!

Comment

good write----thanks for the pick---already have em as a 10* top rated play.....appreciate it----kapt

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

This is a mismatch, good luck

Comment

Ethan - would you hop over to URL NOT ALLOWED ON THIS SITE and send me an email from the main page? I have a question for you. Thanks!
                        Last edited by Spark; 09-28-2006, 02:07 PM.
                        Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.
                        ~ Paul Newman, The Color of Money

Comment

always enjoy the insight - thanks!

Comment

CMDAWG: I sent an email but it was returned. Try sending me one..NOt ALLOWED ON THIS FORUM
                            Last edited by Spark; 09-28-2006, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ethan Law
                              CMDAWG: I sent an email but it was returned. Try sending me one...***************m

email addys are not allowed
                              Last edited by Spark; 09-28-2006, 02:08 PM.
                              Questions, comments, complaints:
                              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X