DETROIT LIONS +2200
    GREEN BAY PACKERS -150 - - - I bet $1000
    MINNESOTA VIKINGS +270

ODDS TO WIN 03/04 AFC WEST
    DENVER BRONCOS +200
    KANSAS CITY CHIEFS +320
    OAKLAND RAIDERS +165 - - - - I bet $1000
    SAN DIEGO CHARGERS +440

I bet $1000 on Ottawa to win the Stanley Cup next Year (payout is $8000)

I bet $2000 on Anaheim Angels to win the World Series (payout is $100,000) i love that pay-out - - hey you never know
    :D

BNut-I know you like to take chances, but for Anaheim to even get into playoffs would be a miracle and then to win Series-If you win that bet, you deserve to win.
    Personally, with Red Sox, NY, Oakland, and Seattle fighting it out for 3 spots, I would not give Anaheim much hope, and odds in my opinion should be more like 100-1.
    Good luck though.
    Last edited by savage1; 07-17-2003, 12:46 PM.

Comment

I agree with you savage
      it is a long shot indeed

they have been playing great ball and i just need them to some-how squeek in the dance...........then anything can happen like last year.........5 games is not impossible to make up.......a lot of baseball to play and they have a lot of winners on that team

just rolling the dice and expecting to hit gold

Comment

BNut-Guess what-I just checked my offshore at WWTS and I was almost right-the odds of Anaheim winning the Series are 90-1 as opposed to the 50-1 you stated.

Comment

bowmans odds are pretty shit if you ask me

Imagine i win that bet - - I hope they dont give me trouble collecting that money :D

shit at 90-1 for the defending champs that are only 5 games out of a play-off spot with half the season to go and they are playing their best baseball of the year!!!

I would rather take a 2 dime shot at that, then 2000 on a team tonight and losing it in the 9th on another blown save:D

Comment

Good to see you back Nut. :D

Good luck,
            John
            Good luck,
            John

Comment

I told people you would be back today.:D

GOOD LUCK

Comment

BNUT-Even though the 50 or 90-1 odds sound great, I personally think they are warranted, and Vegas knows what they are doing as usual.
                With less than 1/2 a season to play, for Anaheim to stay hot, hope that at least 2 of other teams they are chasing go cold enough for Anaheim to catch them and then turn around and beat two AL teams in playoffs and NL in Series is asking an awful lot.
                Personally, I think no matter how well Anaheim is playing now, there are at least 5 or 6 teams better than they are on paper and a number at least their equal.
                Yeah, anything is possible, but I think you should also bet(if you haven't already) one or teams like Seattle, Atlanta, etc. and hedge your bet so to speak.
                At beginning of season, I took Red sox to win over 92 games and also have a smaller play at 5-1 for them to win pennant.
                JMHO.

Comment

Hey John and Wayne

lets kick some second half ass

Comment

Savage

i agree with you

but dont foget that a lot of people cashed in big with anaheim last year as they were 15 to 1 odds when the play-offs started and were much higher odds at the all-star break last year

you just never know.............and they have a lot of winners on their team, much more than the other teams that you stated

remember what i said about the New Jersey Devils..............regular season and play-offs is 2 different worlds

I am just hoping they make the dance, then i am not worried at that point:D

Comment

Nut-obviously anything is possible but for same scenario to unfold two years in a row seems highly unlikely to me.
                      I think a much better choice would be to take Arizona(last I looked odds were at 15-1).

Comment

yes but taking Arizona , Seattle, Atlanta etc is NOT TAKING A LONG SHOT

This was my Long Shot pick - - I know that chances are they will not win the World Series, but I usually play these long shots

I have to hit 1 long shot in like 50 years to break even and long shots win championships every once in a while

Comment

Nut-I just checked WWTs and they only bother to list odds for 27 teams.
                          Anaheim, even though they have better record than some teams, is by far at 90-1 the longest shot to win them.
                          Granted that is only Vegas's perception of their chances, but that must be respected.
                          Perhaps, $2000 wagered on Anaheim isn't that much on your scale, but if you went to track, and saw your horse was the longest shot in on the board and you thought it could win, would you wager that much?
                          My philosophy has always been on longshots, if you see one you like, bet it but don't get too greedy and bet it relatively small as odds are stacked against you and payoff with odds is nice anyways.
                          Knowinh what you normally bet on games, I think your wager on Anaheim should have been about $500 tops and some of remainder of $2000 bet on a couple of teams with a better chance , but then again we are different people with different philosophies.

Comment

12-4 in their last 16

Trust me Savage this is not a bad bet.

One reason for optimism is the Angels' second-half schedule. They are 10-1 against the AL Central, and play 29 straight games against members of that woeful division starting Aug. 7.

``I'm every bit as optimistic as I was at this time last year because I see a lot of good things happening,'' Scioscia said.

All five starters -- Jarrod Washburn, John Lackey, Ramon Ortiz, Kevin Appier and Aaron Sele -- have been effective lately.

Injuries to Percival, center fielder Darin Erstad and second baseman Adam Kennedy along with the ineffectiveness of the rotation were significant factors in this year's up-and-down first half. Now they are healthy minus Brad Fullmer

Comment

BNut-Just curious do you see them winning division or as a wildcard?
                              If as a wildcard, don't forget Red Sox(obviously I am biased) have majority of games at Fenway, where they have best record in league) and a lot of games left against patsies against whom they usually clean up.

Comment

Working...
                              X