All Star Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Star Thoughts

I would have a tendency to bet more on the managers decisions in this one as the deciding factor. Mike S. is well versed in playing small ball just because of the team he has and has been doing it with. Willing to bunt, hit the other way just to advance a runner for A SINGLE run vs. trying for big innings. Baker was with the Giants and may have more of a tendency to go for the big hits...ergo the big innings.

A big key for both teams is if or if not (if not? that not a correct) Ichiro gets aboard as the LEADOFF runner in any inning. The guy is a good bet to score if he does. I do believe the AL has a little bit better offensive advantage with their boys than the NL.

Looks to me like the NL has a decided advantage in one area and that would be middle relief to the closers. Wagner, Gagne, Smoltz vs. Hasagawa, Hiroshima and Nagasaki or (Guardado, Carter exploding as such lately).

If the NL has a one run lead by the 6th or 7th this game could already be over. If the AL can get early runs that would be the one negating factor of the 3 headed monster saving the game. I do think Loaiza will be scored upon much more so than Schmidt. After that.....Halliday and Mulder can definitely hold the scoring down. NL can counter with arms like Prior and Woods for an inning each is pretty rugged to look at.

ERGO....Given all the trends to go with a low scoring narrow NL win.....ONE SHOULD NATURALLY GO WITH A.L. -104 AND OVER THE 9.5!

I think Scocia will be a kid in a candy store and let it fly knowing he needs runs early so the 3 armed SmolGagWag doesn't come in. Plus Baker will be the one going for a runs here and there anyway he can get them trying to get to his closers

It will also be interesting how many times Bonds is "walked" in the game.

This is just my humble rambling...Have fun with it everybody! GoldV :D
    I am NOT schizophrenic......and NEITHER am I! Just paranoid that fear may overcome my insanity!

Well it was so close

that the A.L. survived the relief pitching of:

HASAGAWA....then
    HIROSHIMA....Guardado

and thankfully didn't get to NAGASAKI in Carter!!!

Congrats to all on the A.L. and (O) in a nail biter! Goldv
    I am NOT schizophrenic......and NEITHER am I! Just paranoid that fear may overcome my insanity!

Comment

Working...
    X