Spears Dog Play of the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spears Dog Play of the Day

Premium writeup picks are now 5-2 with a loss on Oakland which lost it late after tying it up. Now I love to go against the maddening on tilt crowd of favs and select:

Baltimore +100

Yes-I am going with a guy that has lost his last 9 games. I have asystem that states to play-100 to -150 on dogs that have apitcher not a whole lot better than than the doggie. The record is coming later but it is a goodun. If any of ya have any balls left this is play that can fit well into your money management. It has a good chance to win and with the bats being a little light -I would not play the over.

Oakland (48-45) at Baltimore (44-51) 7:05 pm EDT

BALTIMORE (Ticker) - Russ Ortiz will try to end a personal nine-game skid dating to last season when the Baltimore Orioles host the second of three contests against the Oakland Athletics on Tuesday.

Ortiz (0-1, 8.68 ERA) has allowed 10 runs and 17 hits in 9 1/3 innings with the Orioles this month after going 0-5 with a 7.54 ERA in six starts with Arizona. He has not recorded a win since August 29 at San Diego.

After posting at least 14 victories in six straight seasons, Ortiz has gone 5-17 with a 7.10 ERA since signing a four-year contract worth $33 million with the Diamondbacks following the 2004 campaign. He has afforded the opposition a .336 average this season, but the A's are batting a major league-worst .245.

Oakland will counter with Esteban Loaiza (3-5, 6.34), who has gone 7-5 with a 3.91 ERA in 16 lifetime appearances - 15 starts - against Baltimore. Loaiza has not pitched here since 2004, when he allowed 11 runs and 14 hits in 8 2/3 innings over two outings.

In his last start Thursday, Loaiza allowed three runs, six hits and a season-high six walks at Boston. He was not involved in the decision as the A's needed 11 innings to post a 5-4 triumph.

The Orioles extended their winning streak to three games with a 5-3 triumph in Monday's series opener. Baltimore ranks last in the American League with seven homers this month, but Loaiza has surrendered 11 blasts in 61 innings this year after giving up only 18 in 217 frames with Washington in 2005.

Play Against - Road teams (OAKLAND) - with a starting pitcher whose WHIP is 1.700 or worse on the season-AL, good fielding team - averaging <=0.6 errors/game on the season.
    (89-34 over the last 5 seasons.) (72.4%, +44.2 units. Rating = 3*)

Play On - All teams when the money line is +125 to -125 (BALTIMORE) - hot hitting team - batting .333 or better over their last 3 games, with a struggling bullpen whose ERA is over 7.00 the last 5 games.
    (105-68 since 1997.) (60.7%, +38.5 units. Rating = 2*)

Play Against - Any team (OAKLAND) - below average hitting team (AVG <=.265) against a terrible starting pitcher (ERA>=6.70) -AL, in July games.
    (28-9 since 1997.) (75.7%, +27 units. Rating = 4*)

The situation's record this season is: (0-0).
    Over the last 3 seasons the situation's record is: (4-3, +3.3 units).
    Over the last 5 seasons the situation's record is: (12-4, +14.1 units).

2. Baltimore is at home--TED BARRETT- game stats when serving as the home plate umpire this Season: 14-6 +8.8 units.
    "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

I like the O's + 1 1/2 today----one of my plays----kapt

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Good Luck Spearit
      "Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
      is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'"

Comment

Excellent-Kapt sees the value as well.
        Actually played the 1 1/2 RL but the ML is my play.

Play Against - All teams when the money line is +125 to -125 (OAKLAND) - with a starting pitcher whose gives up 1 or more HR's/start against opponent with a starting pitcher who is winless after 5 or more starts.
        (45-18 since 1997.) (71.4%, +27.1 units. Rating = 3*)

Comment

Now I played the ML as well- balls are hard to find when you are playing on a 9 game loser.

Comment

Gl tonight Spearit!
            It's always noon somewhere!

My Fish and Aquariums

Griffey's Posted Record

Comment

Nail it Spears
              Questions, comments, complaints:
              [email protected]

Comment

Heres one down your alley Spearit........

Play Against---Any team--below average hitting team (avg =265) .....Oakland hitting 245

going against a starting pitcher whose ERA is > 6.70 in the AL......Ortiz w/ Baltimores ERA is 7.88.....in July

28-9 since 1997 (75.7%)....in essence play Baltimore......

I like the OVER here.....
                Oak BA 245
                Baltimore BA 293, better at home (303)

Pitchers ERA and whips
                Oak 6.34/1.72.yields BA of 311
                Balt 7.88/2.25, yields BA of 336

Bull Pens yield 3.67 and 4.9 ERA's.......

I like O's cause they hit better, and are at home....last at bat.........kapt

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Good luck Spear - hope the O's score 12 runs - Lord knows they may have to.
                  Records:

NCAA Hoops (38-34-2, +4.59*)
                  NFL Sides (34-25, +12.15*)
                  NFL Totals (18-14-1, +8.23*)
                  NCAA Foots Plays (65-48-4, +21.47*)
                  NBA Plays (4-1-0, +5.92*)

Comment

Working...
                  X