No announcement yet.

Ben Wallace Signs With Da Bulls!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Wallace Signs With Da Bulls!!!!!!!

Great pick up for Da Bulls!!!!

For the last six years, Ben Wallace has been the face of the Detroit Pistons. No more.

A league source told ESPN.com Monday night that Wallace has told the Pistons he has accepted an offer from the Chicago Bulls.

While exact details are unavailable, the offer is thought to be a four-year, $52 million deal.

A deal can't become official until July 12, when the salary cap is set for the 2006-07 season and exact contract values can be computed.

The move will come as a shock to Pistons fans who thought the chances Wallace would bolt from Detroit were slim to none.

The Pistons came out of the gate Saturday offering Wallace a whopping four-year, $48 million deal, but they told the four-time defensive player of the year that it was their final offer.

The signing clearly upgrades the Bulls' front court, albeit at an exorbitant price. The Bulls will have to use roughly $13.5 million of their projected $16.7 million in cap space to secure Wallace.

However, Wallace adds the veteran toughness and defensive presence the Bulls felt they lacked up front.

Look for the Bulls to now explore trade scenarios involving Tyson Chandler.

One potential opportunity, according to sources, is New Orleans, which is mulling a Chandler-for-P. J. Brown swap. Brown is in the last year of his contract, which would give the Bulls even more cap relief next season.

The Bulls also have explored Chandler trade scenarios with the Hawks (via an Al Harrington sign-and-trade) and the Warriors.

The move puts the Pistons in a difficult position.

They lose Wallace for nothing and don't have anything more than the $5.1 million mid-level exception to offer to potential replacements.

There are a few starting center-caliber free agents out there, such as Joel Przybilla and Nazr Mohammed, but none who can give the Pistons what Wallace did.

Instead, the Pistons may opt to beef up their backcourt and to move to a more up-tempo style with Rasheed Wallace at five and Antonio McDyess at the four.

Chad Ford covers the NBA for ESPN Insider.

im not so sure this is anything to get excited about.yea he is a great shot blocker,and rebounder but he can't shoot for shit and he shoots free throws as bad as shaq.i think the bulls needed a scoring center that can rebound and at least hit a good percentage on his free throws but i guess we will see how it works out in a couple months.

seaofred
    I AM A NITWIT

Comment

With Tyrus Thomas And Ben They Should Be A Good Club...
      MY MEAT IN THE HOT DESERT.......

Comment

Well as a Bulls fan I'm TOALLY STOKED.

I could care less about the free throws....that's what good coaching and getting him out of the game in those times where free throws are needed to be made are taken care of.

That's the biggest pickup for the Bulls since the retirement of Jordan!

The Bulls are now offically back!

Comment

Originally posted by TheRook
          Well as a Bulls fan I'm TOALLY STOKED.

I could care less about the free throws....that's what good coaching and getting him out of the game in those times where free throws are needed to be made are taken care of.

That's the biggest pickup for the Bulls since the retirement of Jordan!

The Bulls are now offically back!

hey ROOK for your sake i hope you are right.i don't follow the bulls as much as you or a lot of others so im really just saying what i felt.your a great guy and i wish you all the luck and success this year with your bulls.

seaofred
          I AM A NITWIT

Comment

Originally posted by seaofred
            hey ROOK for your sake i hope you are right.i don't follow the bulls as much as you or a lot of others so im really just saying what i felt.your a great guy and i wish you all the luck and success this year with your bulls.

seaofred

Thanks man...and I wasn't commenting on the FT thing as an attack on you or anything....

That had been mentioned before in the draft day thread as well.

Look what Riley did with Shaq in the 4th quarter of some tight games, and that might be what needs to be done with Wallace. I just do'nt think Detroit had a viable backup to put in, and they were stuck with Wallace. I also think it has a lot to do with coaching, and I'll put my money on Skiles rather then Saunders anyday...

Comment

no ROOK i didn't even take it as anything like that bud,and i agree with you about skiles,i like him as a coach also and i liked him as a player in his days also

seaofred
              I AM A NITWIT

Comment

Originally posted by seaofred
                no ROOK i didn't even take it as anything like that bud,and i agree with you about skiles,i like him as a coach also and i liked him as a player in his days also

seaofred

Comment

OVER

Rated!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                    OVER

Rated!
                    Yeah whats your excuse for the Boston Celtics?? Now thats what you call over rated.. Ben IMO is a very very nice pickup for the bulls.. He gives them a very strong inside game on the defensive side of the ball.. Something IMO that they lacked very very badly this past season..

Comment

Originally posted by TMAC951
                      Yeah whats your excuse for the Boston Celtics?? Now thats what you call over rated.. Ben IMO is a very very nice pickup for the bulls.. He gives them a very strong inside game on the defensive side of the ball.. Something IMO that they lacked very very badly this past season..
                      Boston Sucks Dude. I've been saying that for years. What's your point???

Ben fit Detroits system perfectly. No man that big that stands in the middle should get 2, 3, 4 or ZERO points in a game and he does it regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                        Boston Sucks Dude. I've been saying that for years. What's your point???

Ben fit Detroits system perfectly. No man that big that stands in the middle should get 2, 3, 4 or ZERO points in a game and he does it regularly.
                        HE didint need to score all he needed was to be a factor on the inside as far as blocked shots and rebounds.. With an offense like the Pistons had thats all that they asked of him is do what he does best and thats play defense.. He has won defensive player of the year something like 4 of the past 5 season and IMO the system in Detroit that he played under will be very much the same in Chicago.. They will expect him to make his presence known of the DEFENSIVE side of the ball and let the OFFENSE run through their PG and Guards like it did last season.. Like I said earlier I am happy as hell for the Bulls because they really really needed a big man and they got just that in Ben Wallace..

Comment

Originally posted by TMAC951
                          HE didint need to score all he needed was to be a factor on the inside as far as blocked shots and rebounds.. With an offense like the Pistons had thats all that they asked of him is do what he does best and thats play defense.. He has won defensive player of the year something like 4 of the past 5 season and IMO the system in Detroit that he played under will be very much the same in Chicago.. They will expect him to make his presence known of the DEFENSIVE side of the ball and let the OFFENSE run through their PG and Guards like it did last season.. Like I said earlier I am happy as hell for the Bulls because they really really needed a big man and they got just that in Ben Wallace..

You beat me to it...We did not sign Wallace for his scoring. We didn't sign Rodman back in the day for his scoring either, and he couldn't shoot FT's for shit too.

It'll be nice to have him Groom Tyrus Thomas as well for a few years.

Comment

Working...
                          X