TP's Friday 6/30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TP's Friday 6/30

Baseball Play of the Day (39-40, +2.06* - Nats +194 and Mets +138 pending)

This line makes no sense. I don't like laying juice, but when it's this far off my line, I have no choice.

Marlins -122 (Willis/Johnson)
    Not many teams in the National League have been playing well lately, but the Marlins are definitely one. They send their ace here against a guy who wasn't even able to hack it in the Indians' terrible rotation. The Red Sox are only a .500 team against LHP - obviously Ortiz and Nixon don't hit LHP as well as RHP, but neither does Manny for some reason.
    The Red Sox are going to play a very difficult game tonight, and then travel down to face a Marlins team that is throwing a dominant starter with a rested bullpen behind him. Meanwhile the Marlins are waiting to rock Boston's terrible starter and middle relievers.
    Absolutely terrible situation for Boston in a game they would have little chance of winning anyway.
    Good luck guys.
    Records:

NCAA Hoops (38-34-2, +4.59*)
    NFL Sides (34-25, +12.15*)
    NFL Totals (18-14-1, +8.23*)
    NCAA Foots Plays (65-48-4, +21.47*)
    NBA Plays (4-1-0, +5.92*)

Good Luck Tp Tomorrow
    Questions, comments, complaints:
    [email protected]

Comment

Thanks jc

There's also value in the Cubs, but it is some advantage to the White Sox that they are playing their third game in a row against a lefty. I do have one small personal play.

1st 5 innings under 5.5 (-112) - Baltimore/Atlanta
      Look at Chuck James's minor league numbers - they dwarf Kazmir, Liriano, Papelbon, Duke and all the good young pitchers. Not that he will be as good as those guys - maybe he will, I don't know - but he does throw strikes, and he was all but unhittable in his first start. Baltimore doesn't hit LHP at all - they are the second worst team in the league (to the Cubs) in that role. Cabrera is wild, but he is almost impossible to hit constantly, and when he is on, he is among the best in the league. The Braves offense unfortunately is not a major threat.
      Oh yeah, these bullpens are dreadful, so that's why I played it this way.
      Records:

Comment

gl tp

Comment

gl tp nice heads up........
          MY MEAT IN THE HOT DESERT.......

Comment

good luck tp

Comment

Updated record: (39-42, +1.06*)
              You ever get one of those feelings - when the Mets took a 2-0 lead in the top of the 6th, I knew they were giving up at least two in the bottom of the inning.
              I'm still wondering what happened to Patterson tonight - but how good is the Blue Jays offense? Wow - replace a guy who should be an All-Star (Rios, who isn't even on the ballot because of MLB's dumb rules) with Eric Hinske. I'm telling you, this Blue Jays team is very, very, very good - they may not win it all this year, but there's no one that is any better than they are.
              Records:

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrows Paper
                ..........I'm still wondering what happened to Patterson tonight - but how good is the Blue Jays offense? Wow - replace a guy who should be an All-Star (Rios, who isn't even on the ballot because of MLB's dumb rules) with Eric Hinske. I'm telling you, this Blue Jays team is very, very, very good - they may not win it all this year, but there's no one that is any better than they are.
                Gotta love the home town BJs!! TP, whenever you play the Jays at home, take them on the RL as well. When they win at home they usually win by 2 or more runs. Their offence just eats up opposing pitchers at home. For example, if you played the Jays RL -1.5 in all 9 of Halladay's starts this year at home you would be 7-2. In 2005 RL -1.5 at home with Doc was 6-2, then he got injured and was done for the year. Keep riding Doc on the RL -1.5 at home, 13-4 since 2004.

GL

Kappa

Comment

Good stuff Kappa, I guess I know what T-Dot is now.

On a completely unrelated note, the Red Sox are 8-18 as a dog against all teams not named the Yankees since the beginning of last season (They are 10-10 against the Yankees, the only team the public likes more than Boston).
                  Basically, the public loves taking good teams +odds against an inferior team. They were a dog for a reason in those games, and they are again tomorrow.
                  Records:

Comment

Good stuff Kappa, I guess I know what T-Dot is now.

On a completely unrelated note, the Red Sox are 8-18 as a dog against all teams not named the Yankees since the beginning of last season (They are 10-10 against the Yankees, the only team the public likes more than Boston).
                    Basically, the public loves taking good teams +odds against an inferior team. They were a dog for a reason in those games, and they are again tomorrow.
                    good info/logic here

Comment

Nice info TP!! Already tailed the Marlins.

Also, those RL numbers for the Jays should read since 2005 not 2004. 13-4 with Doc -1.5 at home since 2005.

Good luck!!

Kappa

Comment

GL Anthony!!!! If you have played Boston, Det, Minny and CWS the past month, you would be up alot of $$$$$$$. Add NYY and Toronto to them and that is one hell of a Conference...

Comment

gl tp!

NCAA Hoops 14-14-1 -2.35 units NFL 2-1 +1 unit
                          NBA 6-7-1 -2.32 units NHL 10-4-1 +3.95 units
                          MLB 6-7-1 -2.95u WNBA 1-0 +1u. NCAAF 3-1 +1.5 u

Comment

Good Luck TP
                            "Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
                            is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'"

Comment

Updated record: (39-42, +1.06*)
                              You ever get one of those feelings - when the Mets took a 2-0 lead in the top of the 6th, I knew they were giving up at least two in the bottom of the inning.
                              I'm still wondering what happened to Patterson tonight - but how good is the Blue Jays offense? Wow - replace a guy who should be an All-Star (Rios, who isn't even on the ballot because of MLB's dumb rules) with Eric Hinske. I'm telling you, this Blue Jays team is very, very, very good - they may not win it all this year, but there's no one that is any better than they are.

And it looks like they could have three SP's very soild Pitching if this is a sign of times to come and man they have I think the best closer in the league too.....
                              TO BET OR NOT TO BET THAT IS THE QUESTION

Comment

Working...
                              X