X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USC vs Colts

Ok, i stole this from ESPN

Which is more impressive assuming they both win out

USC 35 str8 wins including part of 3 national championships (assuming they beat Texas)

or Colts 19-0
    USC 35 straight Wins
    28.89%
    Indy Colts Perfect 19-0
    71.11%
    Good Luck to everyone
    Adam

Richie: [after Gus hits a homerun] Wow and he did it without steroids.
    Clark: What's steroids?
    Richie: Something that makes your pee-pee smaller.
    Clark: There must be steroids in macaroni!

19-0 is much harder in NFL because or parity. NCAA can have powerhouses and can have so many more superstars than NFL teams. Aldo respect to USC but a perfect regular season and playoffs may be the hardest thing in sports.
    Last edited by idiot4ever; 12-07-2005, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by idiot4ever
      19-0 is much harder in NFL because or parity. NCAA can have powerhouses and can have so many more superstars than NFL teams. Aldo respect to USC but a perfect regular season and playoffs may be the hardest thing in sports.

I agree, Didn't the Miami Hurricanes win 30+ games in a row before losing to Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl (or whatever game it was that year, just know i lost lots of money on miami and the under that day...I HATE OHIO STATE, and i still say that That miami team would kill that OSU team 9 of 10 times)!!!
      Good Luck to everyone
      Adam

Richie: [after Gus hits a homerun] Wow and he did it without steroids.
      Clark: What's steroids?
      Richie: Something that makes your pee-pee smaller.
      Clark: There must be steroids in macaroni!

Comment

Here's my take on this. USC 35-0 is impressive. With that said of those 35 games over 3 years time how many games were against solid top notch opponents????? I say maybe 5 games max. Now onto the colts.

Colts to go 19-0 will have to have all in the same year big wins over N.England (defending SB champs), Pitt (AFC playoff team 2004), San Diego (playoff team),cincy(playoff team),seattle(playoff team) just to get to the post season where every game is huge.

so by my counts. I'll give USC 5 big games played in 3+years

Colts 5 big regular season games
        3 huge playoff wins including SB XL

by my account thats colts 8 usc 5

and too boot colts would have done this in 1 season to USC's 3 seasons.

this isnt even a discussion COLTS in a landslide
        Last edited by 10DimeBry; 12-07-2005, 09:55 AM.
        2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Ok, now what would be the score if these 2 teams played each other?

Colts: 52
          USC: 24

Comment

Score if they played. This is an easy one.

Colts 77
            USC 10
            2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

I voted 19-0 Colts. The talent in the NFL is so good and very close.

Comment

Originally posted by meaiken
                I agree, Didn't the Miami Hurricanes win 30+ games in a row before losing to Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl (or whatever game it was that year, just know i lost lots of money on miami and the under that day...I HATE OHIO STATE, and i still say that That miami team would kill that OSU team 9 of 10 times)!!!
                that game also included the worst pass interference call in the history of football

Comment

Originally posted by meaiken

9/10 times????? How can you not win the game when it is the National Championship Game, in your dreams 9/10 times, maybe 4/10 or 45/100. They lost the biggest game of their lives.
                  Come on, get real, those teams were very well even in anybody's book...except yours. The team with the most heart, better defense, and better coach won that game.
                  2009 MLB:
                  JULY
                  23-19 (+21.72x)
                  Sides; 8-12; -9.43x
                  Totals; 17-9-1; +33.20x

AUGUST
                  1-2 (-4.7x)

Comment

Originally posted by twr108
                    9/10 times????? How can you not win the game when it is the National Championship Game, in your dreams 9/10 times, maybe 4/10 or 45/100. They lost the biggest game of their lives.
                    Come on, get real, those teams were very well even in anybody's book...except yours. The team with the most heart, better defense, and better coach won that game.
                    hahaha or the team that got a gift sent from god won the game. The game was over and miami won until some asshole ref through a flag for pass interference. That was a horrible call!! Miami won that game.

Comment

Originally posted by JBC13
                      hahaha or the team that got a gift sent from god won the game. The game was over and miami won until some asshole ref through a flag for pass interference. That was a horrible call!! Miami won that game.

Are you in a stupid or just plain dumb? Who were the National Champions?
                      2009 MLB:
                      JULY
                      23-19 (+21.72x)
                      Sides; 8-12; -9.43x
                      Totals; 17-9-1; +33.20x

AUGUST
                      1-2 (-4.7x)

Comment

Are you in a stupid or just plain dumb? Who were the National Champions?
                        ohio st won the game buddy, read my responses before you go quoting me jackass
                        Last edited by JBC13; 12-07-2005, 05:22 PM.

Comment

You idiot, you said, "Miami won that game", now you may think they really won, but...did they. Ohio State won that game, regardless of what flags were thrown late or anything else. GO BUCKS!!!! I don't even like Ohio State, you just sound like a cokehead alumni of the 'U', which should be called the '2'.
                          2009 MLB:
                          JULY
                          23-19 (+21.72x)
                          Sides; 8-12; -9.43x
                          Totals; 17-9-1; +33.20x

AUGUST
                          1-2 (-4.7x)

Comment

You idiot, you said, "Miami won that game", now you may think they really won, but...did they. Ohio State won that game, regardless of what flags were thrown late or anything else. GO BUCKS!!!! I don't even like Ohio State, you just sound like a cokehead alumni of the 'U', which should be called the '2'.
                            it was a horrible call, if the ref doesnt throw that flag the game is over. It was a bad call that is my opinion you dumb fuck. Do you even know what call i am talking about?

Comment

10dime,
                              i agree that 19-0 is more impressive, BUT, for you to say 5 impressive wins is a joke. seriously, they will have played in three title games for christs sake! plus how many ranked teams? ND each year, va tech, aub (twice i think) plus their conf sched and a few other bowl teams, BYU, haw, etc.
                              the one thing i give to USC is that they are alone atop their sport, the bullseye is squarely on them, even when texas moved to no. one this year, you still only heard about USC and they shouldn't have lost the top spot till they lose. Ind. played without pressure untill they hit about 10-0, then it started to become a media thing, USC has lived with this for two full years.
                              i still say that 19-0 would be more impressive, AT THIS POINT-talk to me in another year and at 47-0 i may say differently. so i don't agree with you saying it is not even a discussion.
                              ALWAYS RIDE THE STREAK!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X