Armadillo: Tuesday's six-pack

Six interesting college football spreads:
    — Virginia Tech @ West Virginia (-3)
    — Cincinnati (-3.5) @ Indiana
    — Minnesota @ Colorado (-2)
    — USC (-8.5) @ Washington State
    — Mississippi State (-3) @ Memphis
    — Auburn @ Penn State (-6)

Armadillo: Tuesday's Den: Nobody asked me, but……

13) Raiders 33, Ravens 27 OT
    — Carr tossed a 31-yard TD pass in OT to end the game.
    — Raiders kicked FG in last 0:05 of each half.
    — Las Vegas threw for 409 yards, survived two red zone turnovers.
    — Over is 7-1-1 in Raider home games since they moved to Las Vegas.

— Jackson’s fumble in OT set up the winning score.
    — Baltimore averaged 5.6 yards/rush; Jackson ran for 86 yards.
    — Ravens converted only 3-12 third down plays.
    — Raiders ran 80 plays from scrimmage, Baltimore 67.

12) Mariners 5, Red Sox 4:
    — Mitch Haniger’s 3-run HR in 7th was difference.
    — Seattle is only two games out of last Wild Card spot.

11) When I think about Week 1 of any NFL season, “overreaction” is the word most often used. It is one game out of 17, but then today I heard that in college football, USC fired Clay Helton after they lost to Stanford Saturday. Talk about overreaction!!!!

USC was 46-24 under Helton; lot of college football programs are run by delusional rich people who have no patience- they think their school should win the national title every other year, if not more often. Texas fired Tom Herman and hired a guy who had previously been fired for showing up drunk, but hey, the guy worked for Nick Saban after that, so maybe…….

Hard to feel too sorry for Helton; his buyout is in the $12M range, but still…….

10) All four teams in AFC West, all four in NFC West won this weekend; NFC North went 0-4 this weekend.

9) Really good rule change by the NFL: if the replay official sees an obviously wrong call, he can beep in and change the call, without the team having to challenge the call.

8) Washington QB Ryan Fitzpatrick is out 6-8 weeks with a hip injury; Taylor Heinicke is the new starter. Washington signed QB Kyle Shurmur to the practice squad Monday; his dad is the offensive coordinator for the Broncos.

7) New Orleans Saints are living/practicing in the Dallas area this week; there’s a chance that if things go well in New Orleans as far as power being restored, Saints could play their Week 4 game with the Giants in the Superdome. Their next home game after that isn’t until Week 8.

6) Arkansas Razorbacks are in college football’s top 25 for first time since 2016.

5) San Francisco Giants clinched a playoff spot Monday night, the first team to clinch a spot in this year’s postseason. Quite a run they’re on.

4) Last QB drafted #1 in the NFL Draft to win his first NFL start?

David Carr, for Houston in 2002.

3) 14 different New York Mets have homered three times in one games: Yoenis Cespedes is the only Met who did it twice.

When DH comes back to the National League next year, I wonder if Cespedes will re-surface.

2) I’m flipping around the TV late at night and I stumble across Addams Family re-runs; it was on TV way back in the 60’s when I was 5-6 years old— loved that show, especially Cousin Itt and Thing.

Funny thing is, my mother never let me watch the Three Stooges, for whatever reason, but she was OK with me watching the Addams Family, which was 1,000 times weirder. Some of the stuff in that show is downright strange.

Go figure.

1) 49ers/Bears both used their rookie QB’s in short yardage situations Sunday; only a matter of time before both of them are starting.

Trey Lance’s situation is odd; he only played one college game last year; he came from a I-AA program. He just doesn’t have a lot of experience. Will be an interesting decision for Shanahan, when to throw the rookie QB into the fire.

Comment

WNBA

Tuesday, September 14

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Trend Report
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Indiana @ Atlanta
      Indiana
      The total has gone OVER in 4 of Indiana's last 5 games on the road
      Indiana is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
      Atlanta
      The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Atlanta's last 5 games
      The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Atlanta's last 5 games at home

Comment

WNBA
        Dunkel

Tuesday, September 14

Comment

Working...
        X