• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday's NBA Trends and Indexes - 6/10

Trends and Indexes

Thursday, June 10

Good Luck on day #161 of 2021!

NOTE: As information becomes available, we will attempt to post the trends and indexes as soon as possible.Information is posted from what we believe are reliable sources.Any opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the posting member or BettorsChat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchup Links

<a href="http://www.sagarin.com/sports/nbasend.htm"><b>NBA SAGARIN RATINGS</b></a>

<a href="http://stats.bovada.chalkpartners.com/stats/matchups/basketball/nba?menu=secondary" target=_"blank"><b>NBA Matchups</b></a>

<a href="http://stats.bovada.chalkpartners.com/stats/hotandnot10/basketball/nba?menu=secondary" target=_"blank"><b>NBA Hot and Not</b></a>

<a href="http://stats.bovada.chalkpartners.com/stats/trends/basketball/nba?menu=secondary" target=_"blank"><b>NBA Trends</b></a>

<a href="http://stats.bovada.chalkpartners.com/stats/database/basketball/nba?menu=secondary" target=_"blank"><b>NBA Database</b></a>

<a href="http://stats.bovada.lv/index.php?affid=533013" target=_"blank"><b>Sports Matchups</b></a>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Udog; 06-10-2021, 02:59 PM.

Thursday’s 6-pack
    Major league leaders in RBI:

48— Devers, Meadows, Guerrero
    46— Abreu, Aguilar
    45— Trey Mancini
    44— Adolis Garcia, Grichuk, Ohtani
    43— Yuli Gurriel
    41— Olson, Crawford, Escobar

Quote of the Day
    “The biggest concern is MLB manipulates the baseballs year in and year out depending on the free agency class. Oh, no, that’s a fact. Yes, guys have talked about it. It’s not a coincidence. It definitely is something that they did.”
    Pete Alonso of the Mets

Thursday’s quiz
    Before becoming the Wizards in 1997, what was Washington’s NBA team’s nickname?

Wednesday’s quiz
    Besides coaching the Giants, Jim Fassel coached the Utah Utes in college

Tuesday’s quiz
    When Kareem Abdul-Jabbar entered the NBA (as Lew Alcindor), he played for the Milwaukee Bucks; they won the NBA title in Kareem’s 2nd season, the Bucks’ third year in existence

Thursday’s Den: Doing some thinking out loud…….

— I’m sitting here like a damn fool at 3:45am watching the replay of a 1985 Bears-Packers game from Lambeau Field. Tim Ryan is the play-by-play guy, I’m assuming Johnny Morris is the analyst- he did most of the Bears’ games back then.

’85 Bears might’ve had the greatest defense ever; they didn’t allow any points in their first two playoff games, then won the Super Bowl 46-10. Great team.

They played the Rams in the NFC title game that year; I had just turned 26, so supposedly I was an adult, but that day? Not so much.

Bears led 10-0 near the end of the first half, but Rams are driving; I was very excited about the Rams’ chances, this was their third straight year in the playoffs. Was a big fan of Dieter Brock, their QB, an import from the CFL.

I’m still a little superstitious about what clothes I wear when the Rams play, but back then, I took it to extremes; that year, it was a blue Rams polo shirt and white shorts. Every week.

My house has a big kitchen in the back; my dad and I are back there, and two of my college friends are there. Rams hand the ball to Eric Dickerson just before halftime, he runs the ball inside the 5-yard line, but for whatever reason, they call timeout and don’t score.

Not good.

I know I’m about to flip out, because the game was effectively over, so I just storm out the back door and go sit on the hood of my car for the entire halftime. As I’m leaving the house, I hear my dad yelling/laughing “Don’t be an idiot!!!”

It was January, it was Albany, and it was bleeping cold out. I’m sitting on the hood of my car in a golf shirt and shorts- no bueno, but it took me several minutes to realize how cold it was, that’s how mad I was. I’m waving at cars driving by; finally I go back inside and watch the inevitable loss. My friends got a good laugh out of it. I wasn’t laughing.

When I say it was cold out, I’m talking ten below zero cold. Not my finest moment.

In this Bears-Packers game, Forrest Gregg was Green Bay’s coach, Jim Zorn their QB- it was the first of only five starts for Zorn with the Packers.

Bob McElwee was the ref in this game; 14 years later, he was the ref in the Super Bowl when the Rams beat Tennessee, the greatest game ever played. No sitting on my car that night.

To further show my maturity level back then, when the Bears played New England in the Super Bowl two weeks later, I went to a house party with friends, but I refused to watch the game. Played ping pong the whole game; I like ping pong. Not sure I like it that much, but it was a fun night.

— 29-year old Patrick Wisdom is hitting .364 in his first 16 games for the Cubs this season, with eight home runs. He is smoking hot right now; with David Bote/Matt Duffy on the IL, will be interesting to see how much Wisdom has to hit to keep his starting job.

— NBA Summer League is going to be August 8-17 in Las Vegas; that’s a really fun event to watch, 5-6 games every day, in air conditioning with an excellent concession stand. If you’re a big NBA fan, this should be on your to-do list of things to see.

— Enough already with Aaron Rodgers; the constant drama around him is numbing.

a) If he gets traded, report it
    b) If he reports to training camp, report it
    c) If he retires, report it

Otherwise, STFU!!!!

— Astros 8, Red Sox 3— First time this year Boston starting pitchers allowed 5+ runs in consecutive games.

— A’s 4, Diamondbacks 0— Arizona has lost its last 19 road games.

— Mets 14, Orioles 1— Baltimore is 5-2 this month; they were 5-23 in May.

— Texas Rangers DFA’d DH Chris Davis, who was hitting .157 with two homers, while getting paid $16.75M this season.

— Indiana Pacers fired coach Nate Bjorkgren, who went 34-38 in his only season on the Pacers’ bench. Indiana had made the playoffs nine of the previous ten years.

— Back in the mid-80’s, some people ran a business near Harvard University where they delivered condoms to college students.

Their motto: “We come before you do.”

Comment

Comment

523LA CLIPPERS -524 UTAH
        UTAH is 11-1 ATS (9.9 Units) in home games after 5 or more consecutive wins in the current season.

NBA
        Dunkel

Thursday, June 10

NBA
        Armadillo's Write-Up

Thursday, June 10

Brooklyn @ Milwaukee
        Nets (lead series, 2-0)
        — Harden is injured, won’t play in this game- he played 1:00 in Game 1.
        — Brooklyn won/covered 11 of its last 12 games.
        — Nets scored 125.5 ppg in last six games.
        — Under is 3-0 in last three Brooklyn games.
        — Nets were 36-82 on arc, 14-16 on foul line in Games 1-2.
        — Brooklyn won Game 2 by 39.

Bucks
        — Does Milwaukee want to compete? Big question here.
        — Bucks are 7-5-1 ATS in last 13 road games.
        — You’re reading ***************.com
        — Under is 6-4 in last ten Milwaukee games.
        — Bucks are 4-8-1 ATS in game following their last 13 losses.
        — Milwaukee’s bench shot a combined 17-46 in Games 1-2.
        — Whatever their best effort is, Bucks figure to give it here.

— Nets won four of last six series games.
        — Brooklyn is 2-2 ATS in last four visits to Milwaukee.
        — Under is 4-0 in last four series games.

LA Clippers @ Utah
        Clippers
        — Clippers starters were minus-31, subs +16 in Game 1.
        — Third game in five nights for the Clippers.
        — You’re reading ***************.com
        — Clippers are 5-2-1 ATS in last eight road games.
        — Under is 13-6-1 in last 20 Clipper games.
        — Paul George was 4-17 from floor in Game 1.

Jazz (Utah leads 1-0)
        — Mitchell scored 45 points in Game 1.
        — Utah won 12 of its last 15 games SU.
        — Jazz is 5-8-1 ATS in its last 14 home games.
        — PG Conley had an injury at end of Memphis series (check status)
        — Over is 10-3 in last 13 Utah games.
        — Jazz haven’t gotten past this round of playoffs since 2007.

— Jazz won eight of last 11 series games.
        — Clippers are 1-3-1 ATS in last five visits to Utah.
        — Under is 4-2-1 in last seven series games.

NBA

Thursday, June 10

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trend Report

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brooklyn @ Milwaukee
        Brooklyn
        Brooklyn is 11-1 ATS in its last 12 games
        Brooklyn is 11-1 SU in its last 12 games
        Milwaukee
        Milwaukee is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
        The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Milwaukee's last 5 games when playing Brooklyn

LA Clippers @ Utah
        LA Clippers
        The total has gone UNDER in 4 of LA Clippers's last 5 games
        The total has gone UNDER in 4 of LA Clippers's last 5 games when playing on the road against Utah
        Utah
        Utah is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against LA Clippers
        Utah is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games

Comment

Comment

BROOKLYN (54 - 25) at MILWAUKEE (50 - 28) - 6/10/2021, 7:30 PM
            Top Trends for this game.
            BROOKLYN is 44-35 ATS (+5.5 Units) in all games this season.
            BROOKLYN is 43-32 ATS (+7.8 Units) when the total is greater than or equal to 220 this season.
            BROOKLYN is 32-17 ATS (+13.3 Units) when the total is greater than or equal to 230 this season.
            BROOKLYN is 46-27 ATS (+16.3 Units) in road games when playing with 2 days rest since 1996.
            BROOKLYN is 29-19 ATS (+8.1 Units) after scoring 115 points or more this season.
            BROOKLYN is 20-11 ATS (+7.9 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
            BROOKLYN is 40-29 ATS (+8.1 Units) versus poor defensive teams - allowing 106+ points/game this season.
            BROOKLYN is 22-12 ATS (+8.8 Units) versus poor defensive teams - allowing 106+ points/game - 2nd half of the season this season.
            BROOKLYN is 39-25 ATS (+11.5 Units) versus good offensive teams - scoring 106+ points/game this season.
            BROOKLYN is 39-26 ATS (+10.4 Units) versus good offensive teams - scoring 106+ points/game - 2nd half of the season over the last 2 seasons.
            MILWAUKEE is 35-43 ATS (-12.3 Units) in all games this season.
            MILWAUKEE is 17-27 ATS (-12.7 Units) when the total is greater than or equal to 230 this season.
            MILWAUKEE is 235-285 ATS (-78.5 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record - 2nd half of the season since 1996.
            MILWAUKEE is 28-38 ATS (-13.8 Units) versus good offensive teams - scoring 106+ points/game this season.
            Head-to-Head Series History
            MILWAUKEE is 6-5 against the spread versus BROOKLYN over the last 3 seasons
            MILWAUKEE is 6-5 straight up against BROOKLYN over the last 3 seasons
            6 of 11 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

LA CLIPPERS (51 - 29) at UTAH (57 - 21) - 6/10/2021, 10:00 PM
            Top Trends for this game.
            UTAH is 45-32 ATS (+9.8 Units) in all games this season.
            UTAH is 43-30 ATS (+10.0 Units) as a favorite this season.
            UTAH is 25-14 ATS (+9.6 Units) in home games this season.
            UTAH is 19-8 ATS (+10.2 Units) after 3 or more consecutive wins this season.
            UTAH is 42-27 ATS (+12.3 Units) versus poor defensive teams - allowing 106+ points/game this season.
            UTAH is 38-28 ATS (+7.2 Units) versus good offensive teams - scoring 106+ points/game this season.
            LA CLIPPERS are 88-74 ATS (+6.6 Units) in all games over the last 2 seasons.
            LA CLIPPERS are 23-14 ATS (+7.6 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
            Head-to-Head Series History
            UTAH is 6-3 against the spread versus LA CLIPPERS over the last 3 seasons
            UTAH is 7-3 straight up against LA CLIPPERS over the last 3 seasons
            6 of 10 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

Comment

Working...
            X