• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday's NBA Trends and Indexes - 9/19

Trends and Indexes

Saturday, September 19

Good Luck on day #263 of 2020!

NOTE: As information becomes available, we will attempt to post the trends and indexes as soon as possible.Information is posted from what we believe are reliable sources.Any opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the posting member or BettorsChat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchup Links

NBA SAGARIN RATINGS

NBA Matchups

NBA Hot and Not

NBA Trends

NBA Database

Sports Matchups

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unless commitment is made, there are only promises and hopes... but no plans.

Armadillo: Saturday's six-pack

Sports franchises that sold for the most $$$$:
    $3.3B— Brooklyn Nets
    $2.4B— New York Mets
    $2.3B— Carolina Panthers
    $2.2B— Houston Rockets
    $2.0B— Los Angeles Clippers
    $2.0B— Los Angeles Dodgers

Americans who have died from COVID-19: 197,682
    Please wear a mask when you go out.

Armadillo: Saturday's Den: Random thoughts on a happy day

13) Good day Friday; finally got my new glasses, so my eyesight is back to 100%, for first time in 11 months. I have a list of people to thank, but unfortunately, I don’t know a lot of their names.

— Dr Mallick, my retina surgeon, who has since moved to New Jersey
    — Dr Lemanski, my cataract surgeon

— My cousins Maureen/Kevin, who went above and beyond to help me out.
    — Friends/drivers Luke, Christina, Dara.
    — My friend Chris the bartender, who advised me on where to get a new pair of glasses back in February- they helped a lot.

— The people at Memorial Hospital who helped me thru retina surgery
    — The people at the Surgery Center in Latham, where I had cataract surgery.

Dr Lemanski’s staff got me new glasses, so it is lot easier to write this site now.

People at the Retina Care Center were also very nice to me.

Its been a long 11 months, but it is good to have my vision back to 100%.

12) Tampa Bay/Oakland clinched playoff spots this week; A’s are in postseason for 6th time in nine years, with a payroll in the bottom third of the sport.

11) Michael Bloomberg is contributing $100M to Joe Biden’s campaign in Florida; money like that has to buy a hell of a lot of TV commercials. This is a good couple months for TV networks; politicians throwing money at them for commercial time.

10) WR Adam Humphries recently signed a $26M deal with the Tennessee Titans; this is a guy who had only one scholarship offer coming out of high school- Clemson. This is part of why Dabo Swinney’s team is in the college football playoff every year; he can recognize talent.

9) Boston Celtics are 8-5 in playoffs so far; they led by 10+ points in four of the five losses.

8) Cleveland Browns’ coach Kevin Stefanski came to Cleveland from the Vikings, where he had been an assistant coach for 14 years, working for three different head coaches. That’s an unusual career path for a pro football coach.

7) Lakers 126, Nuggets 114 (Lakers lead 1-0)
    — Game was 70-59 at halftime; LA shot 53% from the floor.
    — Anthony Davis scored 37 points; Denver needs to find a way to defend him.

6) Ruben Amaro Jr is a new TV analyst for the Phillies and he is very good; relaxed, talks the game, and as a former GM/coach, knows it very well.

5) Milwaukee Brewers are 24-26, wallowing just below the cut for the playoffs; their most talented pitchers are Brandon Woodruff/Josh Hader, but Hader has thrown only 15.2 innings all year, while a washed-up stiff like Brent Suter has thrown 26 innings- Brett Anderson has thrown 39 innings.

Milwaukee rushed Hader to the majors because their AAA team was in high-altitude Colorado Springs, where prospects got their confidence squashed by lofty ERA’s- they made him a reliever to limit his innings early in his career. But now that he is an established big leaguer, Hader needs to be a starting pitcher, so the Brewers can maximize his immense potential.

4) Late night TV surfing, ran into an old friend; the old TV show Without a Trace was very underrated, about the part of FBI in New York City that found missing people. Anthony LaPaglia was great as Jack Malone, who headed the agency. It is on Paramount Network 2-3 hours in a row, late at night.

3) ESPN signed up longtime NBA star Vince Carter as an NBA/college hoop analyst; you never know how these things are going to go, but I’ll be curious to hear what he has to say.

2) Speaking of college basketball, sounds like next season will begin November 25, the night before Thanksgiving. No freakin’ idea what the schedule is going to look like, but it’ll be fun to see kids playing basketball again.

1) If the baseball playoffs started today (they don’t):
    AL East: Tampa Bay, New York
    AL Central: Chicago, Minnesota
    AL West: Oakland, Houston
    AL wild cards: Cleveland, Toronto

NL East: Atlanta, Miami
    NL Central: Chicago, Cincy/StL
    NL West: Los Angeles, San Diego
    NL wild cards: Philadelphia, SF/Cin/StL

Comment

703BOSTON -704 MIAMI
      MIAMI is 10-1 ATS (8.9 Units) in playoff games in the current season.

NBA
      Dunkel

Saturday, September 19

Boston @ Miami

Game 703-704
      September 19, 2020 @ 8:30 pm

Dunkel Rating:
      Boston
      Miami
      Dunkel Team:
      Dunkel Line:
      Dunkel Total:
      Miami
      by 1
      Vegas Team:
      Vegas Line:
      Vegas Total:
      Boston
      by 3
      Dunkel Pick:
      Miami
      (+3); Under

NBA
      Long Sheet

Saturday, September 19

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BOSTON (56 - 29) vs. MIAMI (54 - 30) - 9/19/2020, 8:30 PM
      Top Trends for this game.
      MIAMI is 45-37 ATS (+4.3 Units) in all games this season.
      MIAMI is 10-1 ATS (+8.9 Units) in all playoff games this season.
      MIAMI is 27-18 ATS (+7.2 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
      BOSTON is 48-33 ATS (+11.7 Units) in all games this season.
      BOSTON is 158-117 ATS (+29.3 Units) in road games revenging a home loss vs opponent since 1996.
      BOSTON is 57-39 ATS (+14.1 Units) revenging a loss vs opponent over the last 3 seasons.
      BOSTON is 29-15 ATS (+12.5 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
      BOSTON is 39-29 ATS (+7.1 Units) versus poor defensive teams - allowing 106+ points/game this season.
      BOSTON is 37-28 ATS (+6.2 Units) versus good offensive teams - scoring 106+ points/game this season.
      BOSTON is 30-18 ATS (+10.2 Units) in road games versus good offensive teams - scoring 106+ points/game - 2nd half of the season over the last 2 seasons.

Head-to-Head Series History
      MIAMI is 8-4 against the spread versus BOSTON over the last 3 seasons
      MIAMI is 6-6 straight up against BOSTON over the last 3 seasons
      5 of 10 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

NBA

Saturday, September 19

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Trend Report
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boston @ Miami
      Boston
      Boston is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games on the road
      The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Boston's last 5 games on the road
      Miami
      Miami is 10-1 ATS in its last 11 games
      Miami is 10-1 SU in its last 11 games

Last edited by StarDust Bum; 09-19-2020, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X