• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday's NBA Trends and Indexes - 11/17

Trends and Indexes

Friday, November 17

Good Luck on day #320 of 2017!
    NOTE: As information becomes available, we will attempt to post the trends and indexes as soon as possible.Information is posted from what we believe are reliable sources.Any opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the posting member or BettorsChat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchup Links

NBA Matchups

NBA Hot and Not

NBA Injuries

NBA Referees

NASCAR Schedule

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Armadillo: Friday's six-pack

More NFL trends with Week 11 upon us……

— New Orleans covered nine of its last 12 games.

— Bengals are 1-6-1 in last eight games as a road underdog.

— Atlanta is 8-2 vs spread in last ten games as a road underdog.

— Seahawks are 3-7-1 vs spread in their last 11 games.

— Falcons covered eight of last ten games as a road underdog.

— Ravens covered seven of their last nine post-bye games.

Armadillo: Friday's List of 13: Random stuff with weekend here……..

13) UCLA is on the hook for a lot of money, regarding the housing/feeding for a week of the three nitwits who stole stuff in China- they also have to check with the NCAA to make sure that paying for all of that won’t be a violation of NCAA rules, as far as the special benefits rules are concerned.

Next year’s China game is Yale vs Cal; you think those kids will get sick of hearing lectures about how they represent their families, school and country while overseas?

12) If it was my choice, I’d cap Roger Goodell’s salary at $32M a year, $1M from each team. If he can’t live on that and buy health insurance for his family, then go find another bleeping job.

11) Joel Embiid went off Wednesday night— 46 points, 14 rebounds, 7 assists, 7 blocked shots. Quite a performance; 76ers are fun to watch on the NBA League Pass.

10) Speaking of the 76ers, Robert Covington got a 4-year, $62M extension this week; not bad for a guy who playing in the D-League four years ago.

9) Mets said they may restrict most of their starting pitchers to two trips thru the lineup next year, the exceptions being deGrom/Syndegaard.

Two times thru the order is obviously 18 hitters; average pitches per at bat is around 3.9, we’ll round up to 4.0, so that is only 72 pitches per start for starting pitchers 3-5, which is going to put a huge amount of stress on bullpens. Will be an interesting experiment, if they try it.

8) Roy Williams is the first college basketball coach to win 400+ games at two different schools, Kansas and North Carolina.

7) Charleston junior F Jarrell Brantley is out 4-6 weeks wth a knee injury, bad mews for a Cougar squad that was picked to win the CAA this year. Brantley was a first-team CAA pick, so this is a big deal for them……….Rhode Island loses EC Matthews for 4-6 weeks with a broken wrist. This poor guy missed the whole season two years ago with an injury, too.

6) Arkansas fired AD Jeff Long, meaning that football coach Bret Bielema is just about out the door. Boosters want to go after Auburn coach Gus Malzahn, but why would Malzahn leave a better job in the same league?

5) Titans’ tackle Taylor Lewan, on Tennessee’s powder blue uniforms for Thursday’s game:

“When you look at us, it’s pretty self-explanatory – we look like Smurfs. But the Smurf look is solid. I don’t mind it. I think it is a pretty rad deal. Hey, it’s fun to switch it up every once in a while and have those funky uniforms. I think it’s pretty cool, I really do. I think you’ll find some guys love them, and other guys hate them. Personally, I don’t really care too much about what I am wearing during the game, but I do think it’s fun.”

4) Every time I see Grayson Allen play for Duke, I think he is somehow related to Ted Cruz, the guy who ran for President last year. They could easily be father/son, they look that much alike.

3) Celtics 92, Warriors 88- Boston is 14-0 since an 0-2 start, despite Gordon Hayward blowing his ankle out 5:00 into the season. NBA season is a marathon, but this is a remarkable streak Celtics are on, seeing how Kyrie Irving was also hurt during part of the streak.

2) Steelers 40, Titans 17— Mariota threw four INT’s, Steelers had five sacks, outscoring Titans 17-0 in 4th quarter. 19 of Pittsburgh’s 25 first downs came thru the air.

1) So Kevin Durant is upset because the Oklahoma City Thunder gave his old #35 jersey to undrafted rookie P.J. Dozier last month. Let him explain:

“I didn’t have that perspective at first. I didn’t have it when I went back to OKC. I was like, ‘F— all of them. I didn’t have it when they gave my number away. I was, ‘F— all of them.’ My best friend works for the team, I told him, ‘F— all y’all. That’s f—ed up.’ Then I had to get out of my head, tell myself, ‘It’s not that serious, it is what it is.’

“I understand it’s not my number anymore, they can do whatever they want with it, but you hand that number to a two-way player, you’ve got to be, like, ‘Nah, we’ve got too many good memories with this number, man.’ But at some point, that thing’s going to be in the rafters anyway; it’s all good. I did something they didn’t like. They did something I didn’t like. S— happens.”

Comment

NBA
      Armadillo's Write-Up

Friday, November 17

Pacers won eight of last 10 games with Detroit; three of last four games went over the total. Pistons are 0-4 vs spread in their last four visits to Indy. Detroit won five of its last six games; they’re 4-0 vs spread as a road underdog. Four of their last five games went over the total. Indiana lost five of its last seven games; they’re 2-1 as a home favorite. Over is 5-3 in their last eight games.

Miami won five of its last six games with Washington (4-2 vs spread); over is 4-2 in those six games. Heat is 4-1 vs spread in last five games in this building. Miami is 4-6 in its last ten games; under is 6-2 in their last eight, Heat is 3-2 as a road underdog. Wizards won/covered their last four games; they’re 3-5 as home favorite. Last six Washington games stayed under the total.

Toronto won its last seven games with New York (4-3 vs spread); over is 6-4 in those ten games. Knicks are 2-3 vs spread in their last five visits to Canada. New York won five of its last seven games; they’re 1-3 as road underdogs. Over is 6-3 in their last nine games. Raptors won four of their last five games; they’re 2-3 as home favorites. Over is 6-2 in their last eight games.

Cleveland won four of its last six games with the Clippers; under is 7-2 in last nine series games. Clippers are 1-3 vs spread in last four visits to Ohio. LA lost their last six games (0-6 vs spread); they’re 1-3 as a road underdog. Over is 5-3 in their last eight games. Cavaliers won their last three games, covered three of last four; they’re 1-6 as home favorites. Over is 6-2 in their last eight games.

Utah won/covered six of its last seven games with Brooklyn; they covered last three games in the Barclays Center. Over is 6-4 in last ten series games. Jazz lost six of their last seven games; big guy Gobert is out. Utah is 4-5 as a favorite, 0-1 on road. Over is 6-3 in their last nine games. Nets lost seven of last nine games; G Russell is out. Brooklyn is 5-5 as an underdog, 1-2 at home. Over is 5-3 in their last eight games.

Oklahoma City won four of last six games with San Antonio; they’re 3-2 vs spread in last five visits to the Alamo. Under is 6-2 in last eight series games. Thunder won their last three games, all at home, but lost last three on road- they’re 2-5 vs spread on road. Seven of their last nine games stayed under the total. Spurs won five of last seven games; they’re 5-2 as home favorites. Under is 3-1 in their last four games.

Home team won seven of last nine Charlotte-Chicago games; Hornets are 3-2 vs spread in last five visits to the Windy City. Over is 4-2-1 in last seven series games. Charlotte lost its last five games, four of which were on road- they’re 2-4-2 vs spread on road. Six of their last eight games went over total. Bulls lost seven of their last eight games; they’re 1-3 as home underdogs. Under is 7-2 in their last nine games.

Home side won six of last seven Minnesota-Dallas games; Wolves are 1-3 vs spread in last four games in this building. Under is 8-1-1 in last ten series games. Minnesota won seven of its last nine games; they’re 1-1-1 as road favorites. Wolves’ last seven games stayed under the total. Dallas lost nine of last ten games, are 2-7 vs spread in last nine; they’re 2-4 as home underdogs. Five of last six Dallas games stayed under.

Portland won eight of last nine games with Sacramento; Kings are 3-2 vs spread in last five. Under is 7-3 in last ten series games. Blazers are 3-1 vs spread in last four games is Sacramento. Portland won four of last six games, all at home; they’re 1-1 as road favorites. Last five Portland games stayed under the total. Kings lost eight of last ten games but won last two at home; they are 3-1 as home underdogs. Over is 5-2 in their last seven games.

Nuggets won three of last four games with New Orleans; visitors won eight of last ten series games. Over is 5-3 in last eight series games. Pelicans are 3-1 vs spread in last four visits to Denver. New Orleans won five of its last seven games; they’re 3-2 vs spread as a road underdog. Under is 6-3 in their last nine games. Denver won five of its last seven games; they’re 3-3 as a home favorite. Under is 3-1 in their last four games.

Lakers won last three games with Phoenix, all in the desert; over is 6-1 in their last seven games. Suns are 2-2 vs spread in last four series games played here. Phoenix is awful; they lost seven of last eight games, giving up 142 points to Houston last nite. Suns are 3-3 as a road underdog- over is 4-1 in their last five road games. Lakers lost four of last five games; they’re 1-0 as home favorites. under is 4-1 in their last five games.
      Last edited by StarDust Bum; 11-17-2017, 12:41 PM.

Comment

NBA

Friday, November 17

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Trend Report
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DETROIT @ INDIANA
        Detroit is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
        Detroit is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
        Indiana is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games when playing at home against Detroit
        Indiana is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Detroit

MIAMI @ WASHINGTON
        Miami is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing Washington
        Miami is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Washington
        The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Washington's last 5 games
        Washington is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games

UTAH @ BROOKLYN
        Utah is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games when playing Brooklyn
        Utah is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games when playing Brooklyn
        Brooklyn is 6-3 ATS in its last 9 games at home
        Brooklyn is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games at home

LA CLIPPERS @ CLEVELAND
        The total has gone UNDER in 5 of LA Clippers's last 6 games when playing on the road against Cleveland
        The total has gone UNDER in 4 of LA Clippers's last 5 games when playing Cleveland
        The total has gone OVER in 7 of Cleveland's last 8 games
        Cleveland is 13-2 SU in its last 15 games when playing at home against LA Clippers

NEW YORK @ TORONTO
        The total has gone UNDER in 5 of New York's last 5 games on the road
        New York is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games
        Toronto is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing New York
        The total has gone OVER in 5 of Toronto's last 6 games at home

CHARLOTTE @ CHICAGO
        The total has gone OVER in 6 of Charlotte's last 8 games
        Charlotte is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games when playing Chicago
        The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Chicago's last 5 games at home
        The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Chicago's last 9 games

OKLAHOMA CITY @ SAN ANTONIO
        The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Oklahoma City's last 5 games on the road
        The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Oklahoma City's last 6 games when playing on the road against San Antonio
        The total has gone UNDER in 5 of San Antonio's last 6 games when playing at home against Oklahoma City
        The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Antonio's last 5 games when playing Oklahoma City

MINNESOTA @ DALLAS
        The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Minnesota's last 5 games
        The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Minnesota's last 5 games when playing Dallas
        The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Dallas's last 5 games when playing Minnesota
        Dallas is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Minnesota

PORTLAND @ SACRAMENTO
        The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Portland's last 5 games
        Portland is 8-1 SU in its last 9 games when playing Sacramento
        Sacramento is 6-2 ATS in its last 8 games at home
        The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Sacramento's last 11 games when playing Portland

PHOENIX @ LA LAKERS
        The total has gone OVER in 6 of Phoenix's last 7 games when playing LA Lakers
        The total has gone OVER in 4 of Phoenix's last 5 games on the road
        The total has gone OVER in 6 of LA Lakers's last 7 games when playing Phoenix
        The total has gone UNDER in 4 of LA Lakers's last 5 games

NEW ORLEANS @ DENVER
        New Orleans is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
        New Orleans is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
        Denver is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games at home
        The total has gone UNDER in 14 of Denver's last 19 games

Last edited by StarDust Bum; 11-17-2017, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Pro Basketball Trend Report

DETROIT (10 - 4) at INDIANA (7 - 8) - 11/17/2017, 7:05 PM

Top Trends for this game.
          DETROIT is 15-34 ATS (-22.4 Units) in road games versus poor defensive teams - allowing 106+ points/game since 1996.
          INDIANA is 211-160 ATS (+35.0 Units) on Friday nights since 1996.
          INDIANA is 26-12 ATS (+12.8 Units) vs. division opponents over the last 3 seasons.

Head-to-Head Series History
          INDIANA is 7-2 against the spread versus DETROIT over the last 3 seasons
          INDIANA is 7-2 straight up against DETROIT over the last 3 seasons
          5 of 9 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

MIAMI (6 - 8) at WASHINGTON (9 - 5) - 11/17/2017, 7:05 PM

MIAMI is 122-159 ATS (-52.9 Units) in November games since 1996.
          MIAMI is 30-18 ATS (+10.2 Units) in road games over the last 2 seasons.
          MIAMI is 24-10 ATS (+13.0 Units) revenging a home loss vs opponent over the last 3 seasons.
          MIAMI is 54-37 ATS (+13.3 Units) revenging a loss vs opponent over the last 3 seasons.
          WASHINGTON is 110-152 ATS (-57.2 Units) in November games since 1996.
          WASHINGTON is 148-192 ATS (-63.2 Units) on Friday nights since 1996.

MIAMI is 5-4 against the spread versus WASHINGTON over the last 3 seasons
          MIAMI is 6-3 straight up against WASHINGTON over the last 3 seasons
          5 of 8 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

NEW YORK (8 - 6) at TORONTO (9 - 5) - 11/17/2017, 7:35 PM

TORONTO is 24-10 ATS (+13.0 Units) vs. division opponents over the last 3 seasons.
          NEW YORK is 48-32 ATS (+12.8 Units) in the first half of the season over the last 3 seasons.
          NEW YORK is 40-25 ATS (+12.5 Units) after a non-conference game over the last 3 seasons.

TORONTO is 4-4 against the spread versus NEW YORK over the last 3 seasons
          TORONTO is 7-1 straight up against NEW YORK over the last 3 seasons
          4 of 8 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

LA CLIPPERS (5 - 8) at CLEVELAND (8 - 7) - 11/17/2017, 7:35 PM

CLEVELAND is 15-4 ATS (+10.6 Units) on Friday nights over the last 2 seasons.
          CLEVELAND is 1-9 ATS (-8.9 Units) as a favorite this season.
          CLEVELAND is 32-52 ATS (-25.2 Units) when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 3 seasons.

CLEVELAND is 2-2 against the spread versus LA CLIPPERS over the last 3 seasons
          CLEVELAND is 2-2 straight up against LA CLIPPERS over the last 3 seasons
          3 of 4 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

UTAH (6 - 9) at BROOKLYN (5 - 9) - 11/17/2017, 7:35 PM

UTAH is 9-23 ATS (-16.3 Units) after a non-conference game over the last 2 seasons.
          BROOKLYN is 5-16 ATS (-12.6 Units) in home games after a division game over the last 3 seasons.

UTAH is 4-1 against the spread versus BROOKLYN over the last 3 seasons
          UTAH is 4-1 straight up against BROOKLYN over the last 3 seasons
          3 of 5 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

OKLAHOMA CITY (7 - 7) at SAN ANTONIO (9 - 6) - 11/17/2017, 8:05 PM
          OKLAHOMA CITY is 8-21 ATS (-15.1 Units) in road games after a non-conference game over the last 3 seasons.
          SAN ANTONIO is 1011-886 ATS (+36.4 Units) in all games since 1996.
          SAN ANTONIO is 516-432 ATS (+40.8 Units) in home games since 1996.
          SAN ANTONIO is 50-30 ATS (+17.0 Units) in the first half of the season over the last 3 seasons.
          OKLAHOMA CITY is 35-19 ATS (+14.1 Units) in road games after playing 3 consecutive home games since 1996.

OKLAHOMA CITY is 9-4 against the spread versus SAN ANTONIO over the last 3 seasons
          OKLAHOMA CITY is 7-6 straight up against SAN ANTONIO over the last 3 seasons
          9 of 13 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

CHARLOTTE (5 - 8) at CHICAGO (2 - 10) - 11/17/2017, 8:05 PM
          CHICAGO is 153-118 ATS (+23.2 Units) after 3 or more consecutive losses since 1996.
          CHICAGO is 262-318 ATS (-87.8 Units) in the first half of the season since 1996.
          CHICAGO is 9-22 ATS (-15.2 Units) on Friday nights over the last 3 seasons.

CHARLOTTE is 5-2 against the spread versus CHICAGO over the last 3 seasons
          CHARLOTTE is 4-3 straight up against CHICAGO over the last 3 seasons
          4 of 7 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

MINNESOTA (9 - 5) at DALLAS (2 - 13) - 11/17/2017, 8:35 PM
          MINNESOTA is 28-50 ATS (-27.0 Units) when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 3 seasons.
          DALLAS is 383-319 ATS (+32.1 Units) as an underdog since 1996.
          DALLAS is 1-9 ATS (-8.9 Units) revenging a loss vs opponent this season.

DALLAS is 5-3 against the spread versus MINNESOTA over the last 3 seasons
          DALLAS is 5-3 straight up against MINNESOTA over the last 3 seasons
          6 of 7 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

PORTLAND (8 - 6) at SACRAMENTO (3 - 11) - 11/17/2017, 10:05 PM

SACRAMENTO is 48-28 ATS (+17.2 Units) in home games after scoring 85 points or less since 1996.

PORTLAND is 4-3 against the spread versus SACRAMENTO over the last 3 seasons
          PORTLAND is 6-1 straight up against SACRAMENTO over the last 3 seasons
          5 of 7 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

NEW ORLEANS (8 - 7) at DENVER (8 - 6) - 11/17/2017, 10:35 PM
          There are no Top Trends with records of significance that apply to this game.

DENVER is 4-3 against the spread versus NEW ORLEANS over the last 3 seasons
          DENVER is 4-3 straight up against NEW ORLEANS over the last 3 seasons
          4 of 7 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

PHOENIX (5 - 11) at LA LAKERS (6 - 9) - 11/17/2017, 10:35 PM
          PHOENIX is 3-12 ATS (-10.2 Units) in road games after scoring 115 points or more over the last 2 seasons.
          PHOENIX is 31-51 ATS (-25.1 Units) when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 3 seasons.
          PHOENIX is 156-116 ATS (+28.4 Units) after allowing 115 points or more since 1996.
          PHOENIX is 24-9 ATS (+14.1 Units) after allowing 130 points or more since 1996.
          LA LAKERS are 156-200 ATS (-64.0 Units) in home games when playing against a team with a losing record since 1996.

LA LAKERS is 5-5 against the spread versus PHOENIX over the last 3 seasons
          LA LAKERS is 5-5 straight up against PHOENIX over the last 3 seasons
          6 of 10 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons
          Remember the 3 G's Gambling, Golf, Girls not in any particular order.....

Comment

NBA
            Dunkel

Friday, November 17

Detroit @ Indiana

Game 701-702
            November 17, 2017 @ 7:05 pm

Dunkel Rating:
            Detroit
            Indiana
            Dunkel Team:
            Dunkel Line: