Saturday's NBA Trends and Indexes - 4/29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday's NBA Trends and Indexes - 4/29

We've had terrible storms all night and all day. I just got power back. I'll try to catch up as quickly as possible.

Trends and Indexes

Saturday, April 29

Good Luck on day #118 of 2017!
    NOTE: As information becomes available, we will attempt to post the trends and indexes as soon as possible.Information is posted from what we believe are reliable sources.Any opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the posting member or BettorsChat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchup Links

NBA Matchups

NBA Hot and Not

NBA Injuries

NBA Referees

NASCAR Schedule

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Armadillo:Saturday's six-pack

— Clippers 98, Jazz 93— Game 7 is in Staples Center Sunday afternoon.

— Boston eliminated the Bulls, Wizards ousted the Hawks, both on the road.

— Blues 2, Predators 1— Nashville’s first loss in six playoff games this spring.

— Oilers 2, Ducks 1— Edmonton wins first two series games, both on the road.

— Arizona P Shelby Miller tore his UCL, is done for the year.

— Larry Bird stepped down from running the Pacers Friday; playing the game and running a franchise are two different skills.

Armadillo: Saturday's List of 13: Random stuff with the weekend here……..

13) Apparently our politicians make a boatload of money; I’ve heard of three groups involved with buying the Miami Marlins— one includes Jeb Bush, one includes Ivanka Trump’s brother-in-law and another one involving Mitt Romney’s son.

Must be nice to be rich.

12) Florida State’s Dalvin Cook finally got drafted by the Vikings with the #41 pick; apparently there are concerns about some of his friends, who he hangs out with.

With lot of players, the concerns aren’t about during the season, it is about the off-season, when their free time combined with having a lot of money can turn into problems. Hopefully things will work out of the best for Cook— he’s an excellent player.

From watching the Showtime show on Florida State football last fall, Cook also seemed like a good kid.

11) With the #48 pick, the Bengals took Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon, who dropped in the draft because he broke his girlfriend’s jaw (on camera) three years ago. It was reported Friday nite that only four teams considered drafting Mixon.

10) Chicago Bears beat the 49ers 26-6 last December, which is why they had the #3 pick, not the #2 pick in the draft. That win cost them two draft picks, the picks they sent to SF to switch spots Thursday night.

9) Bronx 14, Baltimore 11 (10)— Orioles led 11-4 in the middle of the 7th inning. These teams are now tied for first place in the AL East.

8) It is April 29 and the White Sox are in first place in the AL Central. Surprising.

7) Mets are 9-13; Syndergaard is hurt, Cespedes is hurt. Been a rough month.

6) There are 2.5 games separating first and last place in the NL Central.

5) Jason Terry is a substitute guard for the Bucks; he’s played 17 years in the NBA. Last summer, he interviewed for the vacant UAB head coaching job. I’m guessing he would’ve had to take a pay cut if UAB hired him.

4) If I ever write a book, one of the chapters will be “Baseball players get hurt a lot.”

3) I have a team in a 16-team fantasy baseball league; 25 guys on a team, can have minor leaguers on the roster.

As I type this this, there are 42 players on the DL, only 3.5 weeks into the season, and thats not counting the guys who got cut because they might be out for the year or most of the year.

2) Was watching the Toronto-Milwaukee NBA game Thursday night; was cool to see players from the Milwaukee Brewers watching the game together in a suite in the arena. Players live together for 7-8 months; bonding events like this one must make the season more fun.

1— This is old news, but bears reporting: St Peter’s went 10-0 vs spread in their MAAC road games this past winter. Very hard to do that; they didn’t cover either of their games in the MAAC tournament, but they finished the season 23-13 with the #34 experience team in the country.

Comment

Working...
    X