• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday's NBA Trends and Indexes - 6/13

Trends and Indexes

Monday, June 13

Good Luck on day #165 of 2016!

NOTE: As information becomes available, we will attempt to post the trends and indexes as soon as possible.Information is posted from what we believe are reliable sources.Any opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the posting member or BettorsChat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchup Links

NBA Matchups

NBA Hot and Not

NBA Injuries

NBA Referees

NASCAR Schedule

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Armadillo: Monday's six-pack

-- Penguins 3, Sharks 1-- Pittsburgh wins its fourth Stanley Cup.

-- Royals 3, White Sox 1-- Ned Yost is now 500-499 as Royals' manager.

-- Tigers 4, Bronx 1-- Michael Fulmer has now thrown 28 consecutive scoreless innings; he was in the Mets/Cespedes trade last summer.

-- Marcus Lee transfers from Kentucky to Cal, a good get for Cuonzo Martin.

-- Cubs 13, Braves 2-- Chicago has 23 wins by 5+ runs; they have 18 losses.

-- Kenny Smith Jr committed to play hoop at University of Pacific in the WCC.

Armadillo: Monday's List of 13: Wrapping up a sad weekend......

13) 50 people gunned down in a nightclub. 53 more injured.

I've never touched a gun in my life, so obviously I am not pro-gun, but how can any reasonable person not think something needs to be done about this?

12) Draymond Green got assesed a flagrant foul from Friday night's game, which puts him over the limit on flagrants, so he is suspended for tonight's Game 5.

11) Wonder how many kids realize what a great player George Gervin was? He is in that Gatorade commercial with Dwyane Wade-- he just isn't some older guy wearing a sweatsuit- he was one of the most prolific scorers that game has ever seen.

10) Gervin once played for an ABA team called the Virginia Squires, who were an announcer's nightmare; they had Gervin, Julius Erving and George Irvine all on the same team. Imagine the three of them coming down on a 3-on-2 fast break.

9) Florida Gators' baseball field is weird; it doesn't have dirt basepaths from home to first base or from third base to home.

8) During replay reviews at White Sox home games, if the original call went in favor of the White Sox, the PA system plays the Beatles' classic, "Let It Be".

7) OK, so I traded five guys to get Felix Hernandez on my fantasy team, which has turned into a debacle, since Hernandez got hurt right after I traded for him. Turns out he may have gotten hurt while celebrating a teammate's home run. Oy.

If I was a head coach, no matter what sport, I'd have a strict rule about celebrations; no one leaves their feet to celebrate. Kendrys Morales broke his leg jumping on home plate after a walk-off home run- it has greatly hampered his career since. Find a way to celebrate without jumping and putting your legs at risk- it is not that difficult.

6) I'm flipping channels late Saturday night and I come across Bloodsucking Bastards, arguably the worst title in movie history. Billed "an action-packed horror comedy", it took me about 90 seconds to turn off-- simply awful.

5) Cardinals are now 35-0 when they lead in the 7th inning or later, only big league team that is still unbeaten in that scenario.

4) Far as I know, there are three big league pitchers who wear single-digit numbers; Marcus Stroman (6) of Toronto, Julio Urias (7) of Dodgers, Mike Leake (8) on Cards. Colorado's Adam Ottavino wears 0, but he is on the DL.

3) If you read this space a lot, you know that Steve Martin is my favorite; what a great comedian/actor, a brilliant guy. My two favorite Steve Martin movie scenes:
    -- In Roxanne, when he comes up with 20 (actually 26) jokes in a crowded bar about his long nose.
    -- In Leap of Faith, when the teenage boy drops his leg braces and walks across the stage, years after being crippled in a car accident.

2) Get well soon to Mets' manager Terry Collins, who wasn't feeling well and was taken to a Milwaukee hospital before Sunday's game with the Brewers. He stayed in Milwaukee for observation overnight; we wish him the best.

1) Our thoughts and prayers go out to people in Orlando after Saturday night's mass killings. Workers were going thru the ravaged nightclub Sunday, with cellphones of the deceased still ringing in their pockets, as loved ones tried to find them.

The shooter is someone the FBI investigated in 2013 and 2014; how this person was allowed to legally purchase guns is beyond me. At some point this has to stop before the world becomes one big target range, but thats just my opinion. There have to be more stringent background checks on people who want to buy weapons.

We need to be nicer to each other, to tolerate each other, before it is too late.

Comment

NBA

Monday, June 13

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      NBA Finals Game 5 betting preview and odds: Cavaliers at Warriors
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Warriors will be without Draymond Green for a potential Championship clinching Game 5 at home.

Cleveland Cavaliers at Golden State Warriors (-5.5, 204.5)

The Golden State Warriors are attempting to win their second straight NBA championship on Monday but will have to play Game 5 without suspended forward Draymond Green. The Warriors hold a 3-1 series lead over the visiting Cleveland Cavaliers in the NBA Finals but Green won't be inside the arena after the NBA issued a flagrant 1 foul on Sunday for a Game 4 incident in which he swung and hit Cleveland forward LeBron James in the groin.

Green is forced to sit out because it is his fourth flagrant foul of the postseason and coach Steve Kerr didn't publicly say who would start in his place and he also sidestepped a question regarding whether he was disappointed in Green. "That's just something that stays within the team. It's not anything I'm going to comment on," Kerr told reporters at Sunday's press conference. "I'm disappointed for him that he can't play in a big game. But the ruling has been made, and we've got to move on." No team has ever recovered from a 3-1 series deficit to win the NBA Finals and the Cavaliers lost the first two games of the series at Oracle Arena by an average of 24 points and know it will take a supreme effort to force a Game 6. "We've already got to take a flight back home anyways, so we might as well come home with a win and play on our home floor again," James told reporters. "Being a confident bunch we feel like the chips have been stacked up against us all year anyway."

TV:
      9 p.m. ET, ABC

LINE HISTORY:
      The Warriors opened up as 7.5-point favorites at home for Game 5 but the public felt that a desperate Cavaliers club would keep the game close - the line was dropped to -6.5. On Sunday afternoon it was announce that Draymond Green would be suspended for the next contest and the line was dropped another full point to -5.5. The total opened up at 206 and was dropped down to 204.5 on Sunday morning. Check out the complete line history here.

ABOUT THE CAVALIERS (70-30, 47-50-3 ATS, 49-51 O/U):
      James is averaging 24.8 points, 11 rebounds and 8.3 assists in the series but those numbers are being overshadowed by a truly ugly stat - an average of 5.8 turnovers. "Some of them were attack turnovers," James said of his second seven-miscue contest of the series in Game 4. "Trying to squeeze the ball into tight places as a quarterback would, and I'm OK with those. But some of those that are careless, I'm not OK with that." Point guard Kyrie Irving had 34 points in Game 4 for his second consecutive 30-point performance and he is averaging 25 points in the series.

ABOUT THE WARRIORS (88-15, 59-42-2 ATS, 53-49-1 O/U):
      Two-time MVP Stephen Curry broke out of a three-game slumber in a big way with 38 points and seven 3-pointers in the 108-97 victory in Game 4. Curry averaged just 16 points in the first three games and didn't even have a 20-point outing before regaining his form and setting the tone for the road victory. "He's Steph Curry. He's the MVP for a reason," Kerr told reporters. "He doesn't have the size and the strength to dominate a game physically, so he has to dominate with his skill, and that's not an easy thing to do because your shot sometimes isn't going to go in."

TRENDS:

* Cavaliers are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 NBA Championship games.
      * Warriors are 13-3 ATS in their last 16 home games.
      * Under is 7-1 in Warriors last 8 vs. Eastern Conference.
      * Under is 4-0-1 in the last 5 meetings in Golden State.

CONSENSUS:
      64 percent of the users are picking the Warriors to close out the season and cover the points in Game 5. As for the total, 68 percent of the wagers are on the Over.

Comment

NBA
        Dunkel

Monday, June 13

Cleveland @ Golden State

Game 509-510
        June 13, 2016 @ 9:00 pm

Dunkel Rating:
        Cleveland
        Golden State
        Dunkel Team:
        Dunkel Line:
        Dunkel Total:
        Golden State
        by 10 1/2
        Vegas Team:
        Vegas Line:
        Vegas Total:
        Golden State
        by 8
        Dunkel Pick:
        Golden State
        (-8); Over

NBA
        Long Sheet

Monday, June 13

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CLEVELAND (70 - 30) at GOLDEN STATE (88 - 15) - 6/13/2016, 9:05 PM
        Top Trends for this game.
        CLEVELAND is 11-23 ATS (-14.3 Units) in a road game where where the total is between 205 and 209.5 points over the last 3 seasons.
        CLEVELAND is 21-35 ATS (-17.5 Units) in road games after a non-conference game over the last 3 seasons.
        CLEVELAND is 20-34 ATS (-17.4 Units) after a loss by 10 points or more over the last 3 seasons.
        CLEVELAND is 32-40 ATS (-12.0 Units) versus poor defensive teams - allowing 99+ points/game this season.
        GOLDEN STATE is 58-42 ATS (+11.8 Units) in all games this season.
        GOLDEN STATE is 53-40 ATS (+9.0 Units) as a favorite this season.
        GOLDEN STATE is 16-6 ATS (+9.4 Units) as a home favorite of 6.5 to 9 points over the last 2 seasons.
        GOLDEN STATE is 31-21 ATS (+7.9 Units) in home games this season.
        GOLDEN STATE is 24-12 ATS (+10.8 Units) when playing with 2 days rest over the last 2 seasons.
        GOLDEN STATE is 23-8 ATS (+14.2 Units) after a non-conference game this season.
        GOLDEN STATE is 10-2 ATS (+7.8 Units) in home games in all playoff games this season.
        GOLDEN STATE is 61-43 ATS (+13.7 Units) after a win by 10 points or more over the last 2 seasons.
        GOLDEN STATE is 65-44 ATS (+16.6 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
        GOLDEN STATE is 16-6 ATS (+9.4 Units) in home games when playing against a team with a winning record - 2nd half of the season this season.
        GOLDEN STATE is 47-30 ATS (+14.0 Units) versus good offensive teams - scoring 99+ points/game this season.
        GOLDEN STATE is 31-22 ATS (+6.8 Units) versus good offensive teams - scoring 99+ points/game - 2nd half of the season this season.

Head-to-Head Series History
        GOLDEN STATE is 9-7 against the spread versus CLEVELAND over the last 3 seasons
        GOLDEN STATE is 11-5 straight up against CLEVELAND over the last 3 seasons
        10 of 15 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

NBA
        Armadillo's Write-Up

Monday, June 13

Cleveland-Golden State (GSt 3-1)
        Golden State is 0-4 in Game 3's in playoffs this spring, 15-2 in all the other games. Warriors went 17-36 on arc in Game 4 win which forces Cleveland to win last three games in series with two of the three in Oakland. Golden State won eight of last nine games with Cleveland, beating Cavaliers in six games in LY's Finals; Cavaliers are 13-5 in playoffs, 5-4 on road. Five of last six Golden State games, four of last five Cavalier games stayed under the total. Doubt that Cavs are strong enough defensively to beat Warriors three games in a row.

In the playoffs this spring, under is 50-31-1

Playoff tally: Favorites vs spread: 26-18, Over: 13-31
        Second round: Favorites: 13-8, over: 12-9
        Conference final: Favorites: 7-6, over: 5-7-1
        Final: Favorites: 3-1, Over: 1-3

NBA

Monday, June 13

Trend Report

9:00 PM
        CLEVELAND vs. GOLDEN STATE
        The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Cleveland's last 5 games when playing on the road against Golden State
        Cleveland is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games when playing on the road against Golden State
        The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Golden State's last 6 games
        The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Golden State's last 5 games when playing at home against Cleveland

Comment

Working...
        X