• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday's NBA and WNBA Trends and Indexes - 6/11

Trends and Indexes

Saturday, June 11

Good Luck on day #163 of 2016!

NOTE: As information becomes available, we will attempt to post the trends and indexes as soon as possible.Information is posted from what we believe are reliable sources.Any opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the posting member or BettorsChat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchup Links

NBA Matchups

NBA Hot and Not

NBA Injuries

NBA Referees

NASCAR Schedule

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Armadillo: Saturday's six-pack

-- Warriors 108, Cavaliers 97-- Golden State can win the NBA title Sunday.

-- ESPN actually charted Steph Curry's shots in his pre-game routine; he took 181 shots in all, before pre-game warmups.

-- Golden State is 15-6 in playoffs, 0-4 in Game 3's, 15-2 in all the others.

-- Russell Westbrook and James Harden are also skipping the Olympics.

-- Only three of Nolan Arenado's 89 career HRs have gone to right side of the field.

-- RIP Gordie Howe 88, Mr Hockey, one of the toughest dudes ever. He played in the NHL until he was 52. RIP, sir.

Armadillo: Saturday's List of 13: DDLohaus handicaps the Belmont Stakes.....

Hard to believe the Triple Crown had come and gone. The past seven weeks have flown by...

No Nyquist so bettors who aren't in love with Exaggerator could make some cash....

Big Sandy figures to be a daunting challenge for this group of three year olds, who, in my opinion, aren't as good as previous years.

Obviously Exaggerator is the one to beat. Finally broke through in the Preakness and really may be star.

Destin back after a break and deserves a long look. I liked him in the Derby and willing to give him another shot.

Stradivari has the dynamic duo and may be good enough. Wise guy horse.

Cherry Wine should relish the distance and may upset.

The Bets:
    $15WP Destin

$5EX BX Destin/Exaggerator/Cherry Wine

Total Bets: $45.00

Comment

Belmont Stakes horse-by-horse betting odds, preview and picks

Preakness Stakes winner Exaggerator is the favorite at the Belmont, but is there a dark horse that can take the third leg of the Triple Crown?

With the hopes of a Triple Crown spoiled in the Preakness, Exaggerator enters this Preakness Stakes as the one to beat.

There are only two horses which competed in every leg (Exaggerator and Lani). Completing the field are a few horses which skipped the Preakness to freshen up, as well as four new faces all hoping to outrun their odds and light up the tote board on the second Saturday in June.

Here’s a horse-by-horse betting breakdown for this Saturday’s Belmont Stakes complete with odds:

1. Governor Malibu (Jockey – Joel Rosario, 12-1):
      He’s certainly a colt showing signs of improvement. Since breaking his maiden last year in November, he’s gone on to compete solely against stakes company. He’s raced over the Belmont surface twice in his career, and I’d consider that his best asset. He’s never raced over a mile and an eighth yet in his career and he may be in for a rude awakening today with the tedious extra furlongs. I think he’ll sit closer than most horses in this race, and I think that if rated well and given the slower early fractions many predict, he could definitely hold off some of the late closing horses.

2. Destin (Javier Castellano, 6-1):
      I feel he raced well in the Derby. Part of that may be because he looked like he wasn’t ridden as hard in the stretch. He skipped an extra prep before the Derby and was given eight weeks off. That definitely didn’t look like it helped his chances. I think the biggest upside to making an argument for Destin in the Belmont is his pedigree. He’s sired out of Giant’s Causeway and dam Dream of Summer. All signs point to him being able to handle the distance and I think with his best effort in here today, he’s a serious contender.

3. Cherry Wine (Corey J. Lanerie, 8-1):
      He’s coming off his best race, a second in the Preakness Stakes. He’s a deep closer in here and I cannot find myself favoring him over any of the other horses hoping to run the same race as him. He’s shown an appreciation to the added distance he’s been given career wise. Perhaps he’ll continue to surprise and finish higher than many anticipate. I think he’ll be left with too much work to do in late stretch.

4. Suddenbreakingnews (Mike Smith, 10-1):
      I think to be given his best shot he’ll have to sit much closer to the pace than he is used to racing. With that being said, I think the jockey change to Mike Smith could help him a lot. I think he also drew perfectly. His post is pretty ideal to work out a nice ground saving trip and it will be up to Smith to choose where he’ll be positioned. I think if he’s sitting in the second pack of runners, he’ll be given every opportunity to make a big move and show off the late closing kick we’ve seen before.

5. Stradivari (John Velazquez, 5-1):
      He took the biggest jump of his career last time out and showed ability to compete against the nation’s top three-year-olds. He certainly ran well enough to be given another opportunity in the Belmont. My problem with him is the morning line odds. His opening odds are a little aggressive for me. Sure, he had a good race in the Preakness, but he’s only beaten allowance horses before. He definitely has a promising pedigree and I do believe he’ll take to the distance well. I can’t back him at these low odds.

6. Gettysburg (Paco Lopez, 30-1):
      He’ll be the likely pacesetter today. Here’s something to potentially take note of: he’s owned by WinStar Farm. These connections also own Creator and hold the breeding rights to Preakness winner Exaggerator. Both of these are entered in here today and fit the racing style of closers. I wouldn’t be surprised Gettysburg really pushes the pace early on. I’d be shocked if he hangs on for a piece late.

7. Seeking the Soul (Florent Geroux, 30-1):
      I think connections were hoping the rival directly to his inside wouldn’t be entered, so he could set the pace and hope for a miracle upfront to hold on. With that being said, he hasn’t shown anything. The best part of him is the connections which have had some success with some long shots finishing second in pretty recent history: (Commanding Curve (38-1) in the Derby, and Tale of Verve (25-1) in the Preakness.

8. Forever d’Oro (Jose Ortiz, 30-1):
      Here’s another long shot trained by Dallas Stewart like the one directly to his inside. This colt has three races and is coming off the best in his career - a win against maiden company. He’ll be racing off less than two weeks rest. He'll be going twelve furlongs after narrowly breaking his maiden at eight and a half. He hasn’t faced horses with wins in their career yet, let alone wins of the graded stakes caliber.

9. Trojan Nation (Aaron Gryder, 30-1):
      Given the addition of Gettysburg to the mix, the pace scenario may play out better for closers than initially anticipated. At the end of the day, he’ll really need to show huge signs of improvement. He was a disappointing sixteenth in the Derby and has still never won a career race. Today won’t be the day. I must give credit where credit is due though; his sire has given us some of the greats like Street Sense, and Zenyatta. I thank him for that.

10. Lani (Yutaka Take, 20-1):
      This race best suits his pedigree. He’s bred thoroughly to love any added distance, the longer the better. Connections aren’t shy to say how excited they are with how Lani is taking to the Belmont surface and how comfortable he’s looked training recently. He’ll excel at this distance and I think his morning line odds are completely off. He’s definitely an overlay and a must include in the bottom half of your exotic wagers.

11. Exaggerator (Kent Desormeaux, 9-5):
      There’s no way he’ll be anywhere near his odds leading up to the Belmont Stakes, let alone at post time. He’s certainly a deserving favorite and clearly the one to beat. He wanted more pace in the Derby, got a little bit more in the Preakness, and now it looks like he’ll get way more of a faster pace upfront in the Belmont today. That only adds to his appeal in my opinion.

12. Brody’s Cause (Luis Saez, 20-1):
      He likes to make up ground in the stretch. I think his late run style will be an asset in here today. His Derby line is deceptively good, where he travelled his last quarter in 25.57; the third fastest in the race. He definitely has the pedigree to handle a mile and a half today. After skipping the Preakness I believe him to be fresh and sitting on a big effort. 20-1 are very generous odds. At that price I’ll be backing him across the board.

13. Creator (Irad Ortiz Jr., 10-1):
      He was definitely one of the biggest disappointments in the Derby finishing thirteenth. With that being said, I do think he has a good shot in here today. The field is much softer than the one he faced in the Derby and the most likely scenario of early speed suits his run style. He gets a jockey change to Irad Ortiz which I think is a brilliant choice. Ortiz has excelled at Belmont over the past couple of years and with the Belmont being much more of a rider’s race, this change will probably only help. He’ll be coming from the clouds and will rely on pace. He might just get it exactly how he wants.

Selections:
      1. Suddenbreakingnews 2. Brody’s Cause 3. Exaggerator 4. Lani

Comment

WNBA
        Long Sheet

Saturday, June 11

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MINNESOTA (8 - 0) at WASHINGTON (4 - 6) - 6/11/2016, 7:00 PM
        There are no Top Trends with records of significance that apply to this game.

Head-to-Head Series History
        WASHINGTON is 2-2 against the spread versus MINNESOTA over the last 3 seasons
        WASHINGTON is 2-2 straight up against MINNESOTA over the last 3 seasons
        3 of 4 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

NEW YORK (4 - 4) at SAN ANTONIO (1 - 6) - 6/11/2016, 8:00 PM
        Top Trends for this game.
        NEW YORK is 29-18 ATS (+9.2 Units) in all games over the last 2 seasons.
        NEW YORK is 16-5 ATS (+10.5 Units) in road games over the last 2 seasons.
        NEW YORK is 42-24 ATS (+15.6 Units) in road games when playing with 3 or more days rest since 1997.
        NEW YORK is 75-50 ATS (+20.0 Units) in road games against Western conference opponents since 1997.
        NEW YORK is 75-50 ATS (+20.0 Units) in road games in non-conference games since 1997.
        NEW YORK is 96-61 ATS (+28.9 Units) after a loss by 10 points or more since 1997.
        SAN ANTONIO is 37-60 ATS (-29.0 Units) in home games after scoring 75 points or more since 1997.

SAN ANTONIO is 2-2 against the spread versus NEW YORK over the last 3 seasons
        SAN ANTONIO is 2-2 straight up against NEW YORK over the last 3 seasons
        2 of 4 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

LOS ANGELES (8 - 0) at DALLAS (3 - 5) - 6/11/2016, 8:30 PM
        Top Trends for this game.
        LOS ANGELES is 83-111 ATS (-39.1 Units) after a win by 10 points or more since 1997.
        LOS ANGELES is 156-196 ATS (-59.6 Units) after scoring 75 points or more since 1997.
        LOS ANGELES is 125-164 ATS (-55.4 Units) when playing against a team with a losing record since 1997.
        LOS ANGELES is 8-20 ATS (-14.0 Units) versus poor defensive teams - allowing 77+ points/game over the last 3 seasons.

DALLAS is 5-4 against the spread versus LOS ANGELES over the last 3 seasons
        LOS ANGELES is 5-4 straight up against DALLAS over the last 3 seasons
        5 of 9 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

WNBA

Saturday, June 11

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Trend Report
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7:00 PM
        MINNESOTA vs. WASHINGTON
        Minnesota is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing Washington
        The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Minnesota's last 5 games when playing Washington
        The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Washington's last 5 games when playing Minnesota
        The total has gone OVER in 5 of Washington's last 5 games

8:00 PM
        NEW YORK vs. SAN ANTONIO
        New York is 9-2-1 ATS in its last 12 games on the road
        New York is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
        San Antonio is 1-8 SU in its last 9 games at home
        San Antonio is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games when playing New York

8:30 PM
        LOS ANGELES vs. DALLAS
        Los Angeles is 5-18-2 ATS in its last 25 games when playing Dallas
        Los Angeles is 17-8 SU in its last 25 games when playing Dallas
        The total has gone OVER in 5 of Dallas's last 5 games at home
        Dallas is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games

Comment

WNBA
          Dunkel

Saturday, June 11

Minnesota @ Washington

Game 651-652
          June 11, 2016 @ 7:00 pm

Dunkel Rating:
          Minnesota
          Washington
          Dunkel Team:
          Dunkel Line: