X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday Night Hoops (3 Plays)

Let's get a few winners for tonight.

Iowa State vs Baylor

The Iowa State Cyclones come into this game at 18-7 overall and 7-5 in the Big 12, which has them tied for 4th in the league with both Baylor and Texas. They do come in struggling a bit as they have lost three of their last five games and one of their conference losses this year was 94-89 loss at home vs Baylor. The Cyclones are just 3-4 in Big 12 road play and their last Big 12 road game was a loss to a mediocre Texas Tech squad in OT. The Cyclones go about seven deep, but all seven average at least 9.6 ppg. Georges Niang is the leader of the offense as he puts in 19.2 ppg, hitting a solid 52.2% of his shots overall, including 38.87% from downtown. Matt Thomas (43.8%) and Deonte Burton (44.4%) are also deadly from beyond the arc. The Cyclones have been a very strong offensive team this year as they come in ranked 18th in the nation in scoring at 82.3 ppg, while hitting 52% of their shots overall (3rd) and 37.8% of their shots from long range (45th). The defense is another matter, but when teams play as fast as they do, they tend to give up a lot of points. ISU ranks 231st in the nation in scoring defense (73.8 ppg) and 170th in defensive FG% (43.3%).

The Baylor Bears are also 18-7 on the year and 7-5 in the Big 12. They come in having lost three of their last four games, which includes a bad 84-66 home loss to Texas Tech in their last game. The Bears were 10 point favorites in that game. That was actually their 3rd big 12 home loss in a row as they were also beaten here by Texas and Oklahoma in their previous two Big 12 home games. The Bears are 4-4 SU in their last eight games, but just 1-6-1 ATS in those games. This is not a team that is playing great ball at the moment. The Bears have eight players that average at least 4.5 ppg and four players that score in double figures. They are led by Taurean Prince, who averages 15.1 ppg, while Rico Gathers is 2nd on the team in scoring at 12.4 ppg and first in rebounding at 10.2 ppg. Baylor has a couple of sharp shooters from long range in Prince (37.1%) and Al Freeman (41%). This has been a solid offensive team this year as they come in ranked 66th in scoring 978.1 ppg), 53rd in shooting overall (46.8%) and 88th from beyond the arc (36.8%). They have been a decent team on defense, allowing just 68.9 ppg (110th), but on 44.3% shooting overall (231st) and 36.5% from long range (288th).

I will go with the Cyclones in this game as they look for revenge for that earlier loss at home to the Bears. Baylor does allow fewer points than Iowa State, but they struggle at defending the three-ball and I feel that will be their downfall here. The Bears are just 1-6-1 ATS their last eight games overall and they have lost their last three big 12 games at home, so they can be beaten here. Iowa State has the offensive edge and they have just a home game vs TCU on deck, while Baylor has a revenge road game vs Texas on deck. I feel that the Cyclones can and will win this game outright.

Play Iowa State +4 Over Baylor

South Carolina vs Missouri

I will look at the South Carolina Gamecocks in this one. They come in with a strong 21-4 record on the year and an 8-4 mark in the SEC, but they were crushed at home by Kentucky in their last game and that sets them up nicely for a strong bounce back game here. They will be taking on a bad Missouri team that is just 2-10 in SEC play and is off an upset win over Tennessee in their last game. Knowing that Missouri got that win should really keep the Gamecocks focused here. The Tigers have not been blown out much at home and their last 3 losses here have all been by b6 points or less, but still this is not a good spot for them as they are facing a very good team that was humiliated in their last game, which was at home. Gamecocks roll here.

Play South Carolina -7.5 over Missouri

I Also Like --- Michigan/ Ohio State Under 138.5

GLA
    Follow Me On Twitter @Davidhess311

Good Luck David!

Comment

Thanks Monte. GL to you also
      Follow Me On Twitter @Davidhess311

Comment

Working...
      X