Bullshit Call Favors Duke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullshit Call Favors Duke

It probably wouldn't have changed the outcome but who knows. I am referring to the call with about 2 minutes left, Duke up by 5 and the ball goes out of bounds under Wisconsin's basket. Refs ruled it was Duke's ball but reviewed the play. CBS showed 20 replays and the ball was clearly last touched by Winslow of Duke and should have been Wisconsin's ball. After reviewing the play for 5 minutes the refs let their initial call stand, telling CBS they couldn't see anything. Then Jones hits a 3 and all but wrapped up the game for Duke. WTF are they blind? I assume they saw the same replays CBS was showing the TV audience. Really horrible call on their part when you have video evidence and you still can't get it right.

Didn't see it, but I do know Duke gets a lot of foul calls in their favor.

Comment

The ball was obviously tipped by Winslow. It didn't surprise me that Puke got the call.

It also didn't surprise me that Puke was in the bonus in the first 10 mins of the 2nd half against a team that had the fewest fouls called all year.

It didn't surprise me that Puke shot double the amount of free throws. 20-10

You come to expect this kind of garbage from a Puke game. I knew they'd get the calls when they needed it. They raped the Wisky players the entire 2nd half with no calls. No calls on obvious offensive fouls. Poorly officiated game....
      [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Originally posted by KazDog View Post
        The ball was obviously tipped by Winslow. It didn't surprise me that Puke got the call.

It also didn't surprise me that Puke was in the bonus in the first 10 mins of the 2nd half against a team that had the fewest fouls called all year.

It didn't surprise me that Puke shot double the amount of free throws. 20-10

You come to expect this kind of garbage from a Puke game. I knew they'd get the calls when they needed it. They raped the Wisky players the entire 2nd half with no calls. No calls on obvious offensive fouls. Poorly officiated game....
        I agree about the game being poorly officiated. One call in the second half really stood out to me was a blocking call on a Wisconsin player when Winslow literally ran over the guy. It happened right after Okafor got his 4th foul and would have given Winslow his 4th had they made the correct charging call. I am sure Coach K worked the refs coming out of the locker room in the second half. Going into half time he was interviewed and commented about Wisconsin only having 2 fouls in the first half. Seems like the officials went out of their way to make sure Puke got the calls in the 2nd half.

Comment

Duke always has a 6 on 5 advantage
          Questions, comments, complaints:
          [email protected]

Comment

I watched it over and over and it never looked like the spin of the ball changed. It really looked like he was millimeter's from touching it, but I didn't think he did. Of course, I had Duke My buddy I was watching it with thought it was out on Duke though.

Comment

Well when a homer like Grant Hill said it was out on Winslow that good enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ravenmaniac View Post
                Well when a homer like Grant Hill said it was out on Winslow that good enough for me.
                Can't argue that.

Comment

Originally posted by ravenmaniac View Post
                  I agree about the game being poorly officiated. One call in the second half really stood out to me was a blocking call on a Wisconsin player when Winslow literally ran over the guy. It happened right after Okafor got his 4th foul and would have given Winslow his 4th had they made the correct charging call. I am sure Coach K worked the refs coming out of the locker room in the second half. Going into half time he was interviewed and commented about Wisconsin only having 2 fouls in the first half. Seems like the officials went out of their way to make sure Puke got the calls in the 2nd half.
                  Exactly. Mike let everyone know his thoughts when he said they only have 2 fouls at half. But that's why Wisky has the fewest fouls called against them. Until the start of the second half of course. They got something like 6 or 7 fouls called in a 2 minute span after they went up 9. Those are damning facts. And I'm not bitter because I lost a bet, I didn't bet a sise....jmho.
                  [email protected]

Comment

Coach K ate the refs ass and he got his way. It's the Puke way.

You have to know going into any wager against Duke it's not going to be fair.
                    Questions, comments, complaints:
                    [email protected]

Comment

Fouls were 15-13. Not like it is a huge discrepancy. I am not a Duke fan by any means, but I find it comical that everyone always acts like they get home cooking. I've never really noticed it.

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
                        Fouls were 15-13. Not like it is a huge discrepancy. I am not a Duke fan by any means, but I find it comical that everyone always acts like they get home cooking. I've never really noticed it.
                        Free throws were 20-10 for Duke. There was a huge barrage of fouls called on Wisky to start the 2nd half. Duke goes into the bonus at around the 11 min mark. That was also huge. No offensive foul called on Winslow and instead he gets an and one. I watched on several trips where Duke manhandled Wisky late in that game. The refs swallowed those whistles. There were several game changers. The tip ball goes to Duke, Winslow steps on the line then passes to Okafor for a dunk, Winslow obvious charge and an and one, 6 fouls on Wisky and Duke goes into the double bonus. Those all change a game. Whether they were right or not. Big calls, or no calls. Game over. Wisky got the least fouls called on them this season for a reason. Until the second half. I give Puke credit for hitting big shots when they needed to.
                        Last edited by KazDog; 04-07-2015, 12:24 PM.
                        [email protected]

Comment

And I will add....Coach K said Wisky only had two fouls called on them in the first half. You say the fouls were 15-13. Do you not find it curious then that Wisky had 13 fouls called on them in the 2nd half? It wasn't home cooking, just favors Puke in every way possible. And it's a little curious that it always seems to be that way. I've noticed it for years. You can't tell me that Duke didn't physically manhandle Wisky in the last 10 minutes of that game. Because they did....
                          [email protected]

Comment

was up 9 with 10 mins to go weren't they?

Comment

was up 9 with 10 mins to go weren't they?
                              Exactly. From that point forward Wisky was called for something like 7 fouls in 6 minutes. Duke is magically back in the game and shooting in the bonus at the 11 minute mark. They had made the comment leading up to the tourney that Wisky fouls the least of any team in the tourney, and yet 13 calls in the 2nd half. Only 2 in the first. Hard to argue against those numbers. Looks odd.
                              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X