• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Championship Play

Hoops YTD 7-6 -1.0 unit
    2* 0-1 -2.5 units
    1* 7-5 +1.5 units

I hit both of my "opinion" plays Saturday (Wisconsin and Duke) and am now set up great with my 2* future play on Duke to win it all.

PENDING PLAY:

2* Duke To Win Championship +310

I am not making a new bet as I obviously already have a huge potential score on the line. However, I want to share my thoughts as I would be making a big play on Duke if I didn't already have the action

1) Duke has been my pick from the beginning to win the tournament. They are as good a one-and-done team as Kentucky and the Duke freshmen are, I think, the best.
    2) Duke got to sail against an overmatched opponent and isn't emotionally drained.
    3) Wisconsin's win over Kentucky was an epic win for that program and the Badgers were obsessed with UK after last year's heartbreaking loss. I know it sounds absurd to think a team would have a letdown in a national championship game but Wisconsin will have to re-focus after an incredibly emotional win.
    4) K is the only coach in the country who can match Bo Ryan. Finally, Wisconsin doesn't have a coaching edge.
    5) Wisconsin is prone to slow starts and it may finally cost them here.
    6) Wisconsin is vulnerable if Kaminsky gets in foul trouble. They almost imploded in the 90 seconds he was not in the game Saturday. Duke is strong in the paint and will attack, especially with Okafor (who I think is great).

Wisaconsin is one of the best coached teams I've seen in a long time and is very experienced. It would be good for the sport if a traditional college team (with seniors!) and brilliant coach would win it. But Duke has had a relatively soft path to the title game and is a likelier winner.

I would normally hedge here with a straight bet on Wisconsin to guarantee a solid win but I like the Duke play so much I'll let the futures play and potential +620 win ride.

Thanks for the write up gris hope you cash.
    Today I will be Happier than a Bird with a French Fry

Comment

Good luck Gris!

Comment

I picked Wisconsin to win it all but I tend to agree with your analysis. Good luck, Gris!

Comment

Good luck Gris!
          GOOD LUCK ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!
          If you lose you are a degenerate....If you win you are a handicapper

Comment

Yes!!!!

Comment

Congrats gris
              Today I will be Happier than a Bird with a French Fry

Comment

Very nice hit!

Comment