• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday's MLB Trends and Indexes - 5/20

Trends and Indexes

Wednesday, May 20

Good Luck on day #140 of 2015!

NOTE:
    As information becomes available, we will attempt to post the trends and indexes as soon as possible.
    Information is posted from what we believe are reliable sources.
    Any opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the posting member or BettorsChat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchup Links

MLB Matchups

MLB Previews

MLB Hot or Not

MLB Umpires

MLB Trends

MLB Weather

">NASCAR Schedules

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Armadillo: Wednesday's six-pack

Six times I saw my dad when he was the happiest.......

-- May 1970, Knicks over the Lakers in Game 7 to win the NBA title. He loved the Knicks with Frazier-DeBusschere-Reed-Bradley.

-- Not sure of the year, but he was a $2 bettor at the racetrack-- horse named Old Vic won and he hit a $131 exacta-- he talked about that for the next ten years. .

-- December 2003-- He won an NFL pool at the bank he went to. First place, decent amount of money. He was very happy.

-- Whenever he was working at Town of Colonie golf course; he worked there after he retired from NY State. He loved his friends he worked with there.

-- 1986, Mets over Red Sox in World Series. My dad was a Brooklyn Dodger fan, but he became a huge Met fan. Daniel Murphy was his favorite current Met.

-- 1981-- Chargers beat the Oilers in the Astrodome; Dan Fouts kept throwing TD passes. That was last game on my dad's football ticket that week-- he saw Fouts on TV last year and still remembered that Fouts won him his football ticket that day.

Armadillo: Wednesday's List of 13: RIP Dad, thanks for everything..........

Its hard to write this; my best friend died last night.

Bernie Fischer was a great dad, a better friend, the best person I ever met. He passed away last night at age 89. I will miss him greatly.

He was born in Queens but lived in Albany since the mid-50's, when he met my mother. My dad grew up a huge Brooklyn Dodger fan-- his favorite player was an OF named Pete Reiser who always got hurt running into walls.

My dad loved the Mets, Knicks, Giants, Rangers; he loved to golf, probably because its sense of honor appealed to an honest man. He was someone who didn't have great professional success because he wasn't a weasel like a lot of people who "get ahead".

You hear stories about moms who threaten her kids with "Just wait until your father gets home!!!" Hell, we couldn't wait until he got home-- things always got a lot better once he walked in the house. He was a joy to be around, just a nice person who like to smile and have fun.

I wasn't allowed to watch the Three Stooges as a kid, but if my mother went out I would put it on; my dad would walk in, shake his head; within five minutes, he was laughing harder than I was. He'd say how stupid it was, then walk out of the room laughing his head off.

Dad was a very good shortstop as a kid; I sucked at baseball, but he always tried to help me and the one year he coached me was the year I was actually pretty good, even made the All-Star team. My proudest moment was getting a double in the All-Star Game and seeing him cheering wildly behind home plate.

I was the student manager of our basketball team in college; he went to the games with his friend Joe and would stop by practices to bring me home. My friends on the team always went up to talk to him and greet him during drink breaks-- the coaches too. I'll be forever indebted to them for that.

He was a patient man who never busted my balls when I showed up for my driver's test without the piece of paper you needed to take the test, or when my orthodontist yelled at me because my braces broke, or when I got divorced.

He was a great husband; he loved going to Florida for a couple months every winter after he retired. He became a pretty good golfer, even though he didn't hit the ball real far. He always hit it straight and he could putt fairly well.

The last few years, Dad liked going to Cliff's restaurant on Saratoga Lake with his friend Fran; it was a bad omen when Cliff's closed for good in January. He went there every Thursday for many years.

He was a religious man who was an example of how to live a good life; he was not a guy who wore his religion on his sleeve, but he was nice to everyone and if you didn't like him, it said more about you than about him.

As sad as today is, he is with his parents, his brother and my mother today; he is telling St Peter how the Mets need a shortstop. Seriously, he probably is.

Like I said before, my dad is the best person I've ever met; even though he is gone now, its hard to believe he'll ever be very far away.

RIP Dad, thanks for everything. I love you.

Comment

MLB
      Armadillo's Write-Up

Wednesday, May 20

National League
      Cardinals @ Mets

Martinez is 0-2, 10.29 in his last three starts, all of which went over.

Colon is 2-2, 5.33 in his last four starts; over is 3-1-1 in his last five.

Mets won four of last seven games with St Louis; under is 9-1-1 in last 11 games in series. Mets won three of last four games- they're 16-5 at home. Under is 7-4-2 in their last 13 games. Cardinals lost six of last ten games- five of their last seven games stayed under.

Diamondbacks @ Marlins
      Anderson is 0-0, 0.98 in his last three starts; five of his last seven went under.

Phelps is 2-0, 2.30 in his last five starts, four of which went over.

Miami lost eight of last nine games; their last three stayed under; they are 4-6 in last ten games with Arizona-- six of last eight series games stayed under. Arizona won its last two games; four of its last five stayed under.

Phillies @ Rockies
      Gonzalez is 1-1, 10.57 in his two starts- they both went over.

Butler is 0-3, 8.25 in his last three starts.

Colorado lost 14 of its last 17 games, with four of last five going over; they lost four of last six games with Philly- five of six went over total. Phillies won six of their last seven games, with five of those staying under the total.

Cubs @ Padres
      Wada is making first '15 start; he was 0-3, 5.32 in his last five starts LY; under is 5-3 in his last eight starts.

Ross is 1-1, 3.00 in his last three starts; seven of his last nine went over.

Cubs lost five of last six games with San Diego (over 5-0-1); Chicago won six of its last eight games- under is 5-3-1 in his last nine. Padres lost three of last four games, outscored 27-10; four of their last five games went over.

Dodgers @ Giants
      Anderson is 1-0, 1.65 in his last three starts. .

Lincecum is 2-0, 1.45 in his last three starts; under is 4-2-1 in his last seven.

Home side won eight of last nine Dodger-Giant games; LA lost last four in this park. Dodgers are 2-4 in last six games, but 6-4 in last ten road games. Giants won last four games, scoring 32 runs; over is 4-2-1 in their last seven.

American League
      Angels @ Blue Jays

Weaver is 2-0, 0.55 in his last two starts; his last three stayed under.

Hutchison is 1-0, 2.45 in his last two starts; five of his last six went over.

Angels won nine of last 13 games; ten of their last 12 stayed under the total. Halos won nine of last 12 games with Toronto. Blue Jays lost eight of last 10 games; five of their last eight went over.

Mariners @ Orioles
      Elias is 0-1, 3.26 in his last three starts; his last four stayed under.

Chen is 1-1, 2.25 in his last four starts; under is 3-1-1 in his last five.

Seattle lost six of last eight games with Baltimore; seven of last nine series games stayed under. Mariners lost seven of last eight road games; five of their last six games overall stayed under the total. Orioles are 5-6 in last 11 games; four of their last five games stayed under.

Rangers @ Red Sox
      Klein is making first MLB start; he has 3.80 RA in 23.2 big league IP. Klein was 1-0, 1.69 in six AAA games this year, but only two starts.

Kelly is 0-2, 7.16 in his last five starts; over is 5-3 in his last eight.

Boston won six of their last eight games with Texas; they're 6-3 in last nine games overall, with last six games staying under total. Red Sox lost five of their last seven home games. Rangers lost four of last five games.

A's @ Astros
      Hahn is 0-2, 7.89 in his last four starts, all of which went over.

Keuchel is 7-0, 1.74 in his last ten starts; four of his last five went over.

Houston won six of last seven games, scoring 35 runs; they won last five of last six games with Oakland- four of last five went over total. A's lost ten of last 12 games; over is 7-3-1 in their last eleven.

Indians @ White Sox
      Marcum is making first '15 start; he's made 161 MLB starts, but last one was in 2013 for the Mets- he is 4-0, 1.36 in five AAA starts this season.

Rodon is 1-0, 6.30 in his first two MLB starts, both of which went over; Sox scored 15 runs in thos two games.

White Sox won eight of last ten games, with seven of last eight staying under total. Chicago won three of last five games with Cleveland; last dozen series games stayed under total. Indians are 5-6 in last 11 games; five of their last seven games stayed under.

Interleague
      Bronx @ Nationals

Warren is 1-1, 4.67 in his last three starts; six of his last eight went over.

Zimmerman is 1-0, 2.37 in his last three starts; his last four went over.

Nationals lost three of last four games with Bronx; three of last four in series went over the total. Washington won ten of last 12 games (over 11-1). Bronx lost six of last seven games, with five of seven staying under the total.

Twins @ Pirates
      Pelfrey is 3-1, 3.41 in his last five starts; his last three went over.

Locke is 0-2, 7.62 in his last five starts; over is 6-1-1 in his last eight.

Minnesota won seven of last ten games with Pittsburgh; six of last eight in series went over. Twins are 4-4 in last eight games; seven of their last ten went over. Pirates lost five of last six; six of their last nine stayed under.

Brewers @ Tigers
      Lohse is 2-0, 2.77 in his last two starts; over is 4-2-2 in his last eight.

Greene is 1-0, 0.69 in his last two starts; four of his last six went over.

Milwaukee is 6-4 in its last ten games; under is 4-2-1 in its last seven. Detroit lost its last three games, scoring four runs; seven of their last ten games stayed under the total. Teams are meeting this week for first time since 2009; Brewers are 4-3 in last seven series games, with four of last six went over.

Rays @ Braves
      Odorizzi is 1-1, 2.29 in his last three starts; his last five stayed under.

Perez is making first MLB start; he was 2-0, 1.33 in five AAA starts.

Rays lost four of last six games with Atlanta; eight of last 11 series games stayed under. Tampa Bay won five of last seven games; its last three games went over the total. Braves won three of last four games, allowing 11 runs; three of their last four games went over.

Reds @ Royals
      Marquis is 1-2, 8.40 in his last three starts; his last five went over.

Guthrie is 2-0, 2.92 in his last two starts; over is 4-2-1 in his last seven.

Cincinnati lost six of last seven games with Kansas City; four of last six went over total. Reds lost last four games, allowing 33 runs; three of their last four games went over. Royals won four of last five games; under is 4-1-1 in his last six.

Win-loss records this year for team with this starting pitcher:
      Az-Mia-- Anderson 1-6; Phelps 3-3
      StL-NY-- Martinez 5-2; Colon 6-2
      Phil-Colo-- Gonzalez 1-1; Butler 3-4
      Chi-SD-- Wada 0-0; Ross 4-4
      LA-SF-- Anderson 4-3; Lincecum 3-4

LAA-Tor-- Weaver 3-5; Hutchison 5-3
      Sea-Balt-- Elias 0-4; Chen 4-3
      Tex-Bos-- Klein 0-0; Kelly 4-3
      A's-Hst-- Hahn 1-6; Keuchel 7-1
      Clev-Chi-- Marcum 0-0; Rodon 2-0

NY-Wsh-- Warren 5-2; Zimmerman 5-3
      Min-Pitt-- Pelfrey 5-2; Locke 4-3
      Mil-Det-- Lohse 4-4; Greene 5-3
      TB-Atl-- Odorizzi 4-4; Perez 0-0
      Cin-KC-- Marquis 4-3; Guthrie 5-2

Times this starting pitcher allowed a run in first inning:
      Az-Mia-- Anderson 3-7; Phelps 1-6
      StL-NY-- Martinez 1-7; Colon 2-8
      Phil-Colo-- Gonzalez 2-2; Butler 3-7
      Chi-SD-- Wada 0-0; Ross 2-8
      LA-SF-- Anderson 0-7; Lincecum 1-7

LAA-Tor-- Weaver 3-8; Hutchison 2-8
      Sea-Balt-- Elias 2-4; Chen 2-7
      Tex-Bos-- Klein 0-0; Kelly 4-7
      A's-Hst-- Hahn 3-7; Keuchel 2-8
      Clev-Chi-- Marcum 0-0; Rodon 0-2

NY-Wsh-- Warren 2-7; Zimmerman 3-8
      Min-Pitt-- Pelfrey 1-7; Locke 1-7
      Mil-Det-- Lohse 4-8; Greene 2-8
      TB-Atl-- Odorizzi 1-8; Perez 0-0
      Cin-KC-- Marquis 3-7; Guthrie 2-7

Umpires
      Az-Phil-- Five of six Dreckman games went over.
      StL-NY-- Over is 3-1-1 in last five Eddings games.
      Phil-Col-- Underdogs won four of last five Davidson games.
      Chi-SD-- Favorites won all five Nauert games.
      LA-SF-- Four of last five Hernandez games went over.

LA-Tor-- Over is 4-0-1 in Schrieber games this year
      A's-Hst-- Over is 3-1-1 in last five Meals games.
      Sea-Balt-- Four of last six Hirschbeck games stayed under.
      Tex-Bos-- Underdogs are 4-4 in Winters games this year.
      Cle-Chi-- Six of seven Scott games went over the total.

Min-Pitt-- Three of last four Kellogg games stayed under.
      NY-Wsh-- Three of last four Hudson games stayed under.
      Mil-Det-- Under is 3-1-1 in last five Gorman games.
      TB-Atl-- Underdogs are 12-9 in last 21 Hoberg games.
      Cin-KC-- Five of last six West games went over total.

Comment

MLB

Wednesday, May 20

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Trend Report
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2:10 PM
        OAKLAND vs. HOUSTON
        The total has gone OVER in 4 of Oakland's last 5 games when playing Houston
        Oakland is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing Houston
        Houston is 8-17 SU in its last 25 games when playing at home against Oakland
        Houston is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games

7:05 PM
        MINNESOTA vs. PITTSBURGH
        The total has gone OVER in 6 of Minnesota's last 8 games when playing Pittsburgh
        Minnesota is 10-4 SU in its last 14 games when playing Pittsburgh
        Pittsburgh is 4-10 SU in its last 14 games when playing Minnesota
        The total has gone OVER in 4 of Pittsburgh's last 5 games when playing at home against Minnesota

NY YANKEES vs. WASHINGTON
        NY Yankees are 6-3 SU in their last 9 games when playing on the road against Washington
        NY Yankees are 1-6 SU in their last 7 games
        The total has gone OVER in 5 of Washington's last 7 games when playing at home against NY Yankees
        Washington is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home

SEATTLE vs. BALTIMORE
        The total has gone OVER in 6 of Seattle's last 9 games when playing on the road against Baltimore
        The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Seattle's last 6 games
        The total has gone OVER in 6 of Baltimore's last 9 games when playing at home against Seattle
        Baltimore is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing Seattle

7:07 PM
        LA ANGELS vs. TORONTO
        The total has gone UNDER in 5 of LA Angels's last 6 games on the road
        The total has gone UNDER in 7 of LA Angels's last 8 games
        The total has gone OVER in 14 of Toronto's last 20 games when playing LA Angels
        Toronto is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games

7:08 PM
        MILWAUKEE vs. DETROIT
        The total has gone OVER in 4 of Milwaukee's last 6 games when playing Detroit
        Milwaukee is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games on the road
        The total has gone OVER in 4 of Detroit's last 6 games when playing Milwaukee
        The total has gone OVER in 4 of Detroit's last 6 games when playing at home against Milwaukee

7:10 PM
        ST. LOUIS vs. NY METS
        St. Louis is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against NY Mets
        The total has gone UNDER in 10 of St. Louis's last 11 games when playing NY Mets
        The total has gone UNDER in 10 of NY Mets's last 11 games when playing St. Louis
        NY Mets are 18-5 SU in its last 23 games at home

TEXAS vs. BOSTON
        Texas is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing Boston
        Texas is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games on the road
        The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Boston's last 8 games at home
        Boston is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games at home

ARIZONA vs. MIAMI
        The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Arizona's last 5 games when playing Miami
        Arizona is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
        Miami is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games at home
        The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Miami's last 5 games when playing Arizona

TAMPA BAY vs. ATLANTA
        Tampa Bay is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games
        The total has gone UNDER in 16 of Tampa Bay's last 23 games
        Atlanta is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing Tampa Bay
        The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Atlanta's last 11 games when playing Tampa Bay

8:10 PM
        CLEVELAND vs. CHI WHITE SOX
        The total has gone OVER in 16 of Cleveland's last 22 games
        The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Cleveland's last 7 games
        The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Chi White Sox's last 5 games when playing at home against Cleveland
        Chi White Sox are 8-4 SU in their last 12 games when playing at home against Cleveland

8:10 PM
        CINCINNATI vs. KANSAS CITY
        Cincinnati is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games when playing Kansas City
        Cincinnati is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Kansas City
        The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Kansas City's last 6 games
        The total has gone OVER in 9 of Kansas City's last 13 games when playing Cincinnati

8:40 PM
        PHILADELPHIA vs. COLORADO
        The total has gone OVER in 16 of Philadelphia's last 24 games when playing on the road against Colorado
        The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Philadelphia's last 7 games
        The total has gone OVER in 16 of Colorado's last 24 games when playing at home against Philadelphia
        The total has gone OVER in 4 of Colorado's last 6 games

10:10 PM
        CHI CUBS vs. SAN DIEGO
        Chi Cubs are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games when playing San Diego
        Chi Cubs are 6-2 SU in their last 8 games
        The total has gone OVER in 4 of San Diego's last 5 games
        San Diego is 9-3 SU in their last 12 games when playing at home against Chi Cubs

10:15 PM
        LA DODGERS vs. SAN FRANCISCO
        LA Dodgers are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games
        LA Dodgers are 12-6 SU in their last 18 games
        San Francisco is 4-1 SU in their last 5 games when playing at home against LA Dodgers
        San Francisco is 11-3 SU in its last 14 games at home

Comment

MLB

Wednesday, May 20

A perfect example of why you should be handicapping MLB umpires

Bill Welke leads all MLB umpires with an 8-1 Over/Under record when behind home plate this season.

On May 1 of this year, Carlos Carrasco of the Cleveland Indians and Mark Buehrle of the Toronto Blue Jays took the bump for their respective clubs in an American League showdown that pitted one of the game’s up-and-coming talents against one of Major League Baseball’s most accomplished lefties.

But when the dust had settled at Progressive Field in Cleveland on that chilly Friday evening, the 28-year-old, newly-minted Carrasco and the 36-year-old Buehrle had combined to surrender an astounding 12 earned runs through 10 1-3 innings pitched in a shootout that saw Cleveland top Toronto by the score of 9-4.

On the surface, many would simply discredit this May 1 outing as a night in which neither starting pitcher brought his best stuff to the rubber. But as a gambler, looking to gain an edge over the house in any way imaginable, we can’t afford to take this nearsighted approach. Everything that happens in professional sports happens for a reason. Sometimes you just have to sift through the wreckage in order to discover the red flag.

In this particular instance, that red flag comes in the form of 17-year-veteran MLB umpire Bill Welke, who was behind the plate in Cleveland on May 1. Casual bettors get so caught up in pitching matchups and, to some degree, situational analysis, that they can easily lose track of one of the most important aspects of baseball wagering: Knowing the man behind the plate tasked with calling balls and strikes.

Why is a keen understanding of the man in the mask so integral to baseball wagering? Look no further than our above example for a textbook lesson in how different umpires can dictate the flow of the games in which they are assigned.

As of this past Sunday evening, Welke had assumed his position behind the dish nine times in 2015, with a staggering eight of those encounters resulting in victories for the home team, just like it did for the Indians over the Jays on May 1. But even more specifically, Welke’s style of officiating lends itself well to high-scoring affairs, as those nine matchups umpired by the man in question have gone a highly lucrative 8-1 Over/Under.

How does an umpire influence the amount of runs a given team will score on any particular night? In the instance of Welke, it’s a smaller strike zone that greatly benefits hitters. With Welke calling balls and strikes on May 1, Carrasco finished the night with just 62.3 percent of his 101 pitches going for strikes - the worst percentage the right hander has posted all year in games in which he’s pitched at least 5.0 innings (six). In Buehrle’s case, the wily veteran had just 63.6 percent of his 80 pitches called as strikes, which is the lowest strike percentage of his last five starts.

More balls lead to more walks, more walks equate to more base runners and more base runners result in more runs scored. In the case of Welke, his nine games behind home plate this season have seen an average of 10.89 runs per game scored (fourth most of 87 MLB umpires) and 6.89 walks per contest issued (16th most), which means that bettors should be licking their chops to play the Over when the 47 year old steps behind home plate.

With a new-found respect regarding the importance of each and every umpire crew now under our belts, here are some of the key names to monitor over the coming weeks:

UMPIRE RECORDS FAVORING HOME TEAMS

Bill Welke: 8-1
          Greg Gibson: 7-1
          Mike Everitt: 7-1
          Jordan Baker: 6-1
          Larry Vanover: 6-1
          Jim Reynolds: 6-1

UMPIRE RECORDS FAVORING ROAD TEAMS

Dale Scott: 6-1
          Mike Muchlinski: 5-1
          Bruce Dreckman: 5-1
          Joe West: 6-2
          C.B. Bucknor: 6-2

UMPIRE RECORDS FAVORING OVERS

Paul Schrieber: 5-0
          Bill Welke: 8-1
          C.B. Bucknor: 6-1
          Dale Scott: 6-1
          Brian Knight: 5-1

UMPIRE RECORDS FAVORING UNDERS

Mark Ripperger: 6-0
          Vic Carapazza: 5-1
          Mike Estabrook: 4-1
          Dan Iassogna: 7-2
          Chris Guccione: 6-2

Comment

MLB
            Dunkel

Wednesday, May 20

Arizona @ Miami

Game 901-902
            May 20, 2015 @ 7:10 pm

Dunkel Rating:
            Arizona
            (Anderson) 16.293
            Miami
            (Phelps) 15.109
            Dunkel Team:
            Dunkel Line:
            Dunkel Total:
            Arizona
            by 1
            Vegas Team:
            Vegas Line:
            Vegas Total:
            Miami
            7 1/2
            Dunkel Pick:
            Arizona
            (+120); Under

St. Louis @ NY Mets

Game 903-904

Dunkel Rating:
            St. Louis
            (Martinez) 16.853
            NY Mets
            (Colon) 14.363
            Dunkel Team:
            Dunkel Line:
            Dunkel Total:
            St. Louis
            by 2 1/2
            Vegas Team:
            Vegas Line:
            Vegas Total:
            NY Mets
            Dunkel Pick:
            St. Louis
            (-110); Under

Philadelphia @ Colorado

Game 905-906
            May 20, 2015 @ 8:40 pm

Dunkel Rating:
            Philadelphia
            (Gonzalez) 13.261
            Colorado
            (Butler) 16.810
            Dunkel Team:
            Dunkel Line:
            Dunkel Total:
            Colorado
            by 3 1/2
            Vegas Team:
            Vegas Line:
            Vegas Total:
            Colorado
            Dunkel Pick:
            Colorado
            (-140); Over

Chicago Cubs @ San Diego

Game 907-908
            May 20, 2015 @ 10:10 pm

Dunkel Rating:
            Chicago Cubs
            (Wada) 13.101
            San Diego
            (Ross) 16.548
            Dunkel Team:
            Dunkel Line:
            Dunkel Total:
            San Diego
            by 3 1/2
            Vegas Team:
            Vegas Line:
            Vegas Total:
            San Diego
            6 1/2
            Dunkel Pick:
            San Diego
            (-145); Over

LA Dodgers @ San Francisco

Game 909-910
            May 20, 2015 @ 10:15 pm

Dunkel Rating:
            LA Dodgers
            (Anderson) 17.633
            San Francisco
            (Lincecum) 13.762
            Dunkel Team:
            Dunkel Line:
            Dunkel Total:
            LA Dodgers
            by 4
            Vegas Team:
            Vegas Line:
            Vegas Total:
            LA Dodgers
            Dunkel Pick:
            LA Dodgers
            (-120); Under

Oakland @ Houston

Game 911-912
            May 20, 2015 @ 2:10 pm

Dunkel Rating:
            Oakland
            (Hahn) 13.676
            Houston
            (Keuchel) 15.966
            Dunkel Team:
            Dunkel Line:
            Dunkel Total:
            Houston
            by 2 1/2
            Vegas Team:
            Vegas Line:
            Vegas Total:
            Houston
            Dunkel Pick:
            Houston
            (-165); Under

LA Angels @ Toronto

Game 913-914
            May 20, 2015 @ 7:07 pm

Dunkel Rating:
            LA Angels
            (Weaver) 16.116
            Toronto
            (Hutchison) 14.591
            Dunkel Team:
            Dunkel Line:
            Dunkel Total:
            LA Angels
            by 1 1/2
            Vegas Team:
            Vegas Line:
            Vegas Total:
            Toronto
            Dunkel Pick:
            LA Angels
            (+100); Over

Seattle @ Baltimore

Game 915-916
            May 20, 2015 @ 7:05 pm

Dunkel Rating:
            Seattle
            (Elias) 16.014
            Baltimore
            (Chen) 13.591
            Dunkel Team:
            Dunkel Line:
            Dunkel Total:
            Seattle
            by 2 1/2
            Vegas Team:
            Vegas Line:
            Vegas Total:
            Baltimore
            8 1/2
            Dunkel Pick:
            Seattle
            (+115); Over

Texas @ Boston

Game 917-918

Dunkel Rating:
            Texas
            (Klein) 13.104
            Boston
            (Kelly) 16.597
            Dunkel Team:
            Dunkel Line:
            Dunkel Total:
            Boston
            by 3 1/2
            Vegas Team:
            Vegas Line:
            Vegas Total:
            Boston
            Dunkel Pick:
            Boston
            (-170); Over

Cleveland @ Chicago White Sox

Game 919-920
            May 20, 2015 @ 8:10 pm

Dunkel Rating:
            Cleveland
            (Marcum) 14.377
            Chicago White Sox
            (Rodon) 17.276
            Dunkel Team:
            Dunkel Line:
            Dunkel Total:
            Chicago White Sox
            by 3
            Vegas Team:
            Vegas Line:
            Vegas Total:
            Chicago White Sox
            Dunkel Pick:
            Chicago White Sox
            (-135); Over

Minnesota @ Pittsburgh

Game 921-922

Dunkel Rating:
            Minnesota
            (Pelfrey) 15.005
            Pittsburgh
            (Locke) 13.548
            Dunkel Team:
            Dunkel Line:
            Dunkel Total:
            Minnesota
            by 1 1/2
            Vegas Team:
            Vegas Line:
            Vegas Total:
            Pittsburgh
            Dunkel Pick:
            Minnesota
            (+130); Under

NY Yankees @ Washington

Game 923-924

Dunkel Rating:
            NY Yankees
            (Warren) 16.593
            Washington
            (Zmmermnn) 15.617
            Dunkel Team:
            Dunkel Line:
            Dunkel Total:
            NY Yankees
            by 1
            Vegas Team:
            Vegas Line:
            Vegas Total:
            Washington
            7 1/2
            Dunkel Pick:
            NY Yankees
            (+125); Under

Milwaukee @ Detroit

Game 925-926
            May 20, 2015 @ 7:08 pm

Dunkel Rating:
            Milwaukee
            (Lohse) 16.212
            Detroit
            (Greene) 15.109
            Dunkel Team:
            Dunkel Line:
            Dunkel Total:
            Milwaukee
            by 1
            Vegas Team:
            Vegas Line:
            Vegas Total:
            Detroit
            8 1/2
            Dunkel Pick:
            Milwaukee
            (+145); Under

Tampa Bay @ Atlanta

Game 927-928

Dunkel Rating:
            Tampa Bay
            (Odorizzi) 16.018
            Atlanta
            (Perez) 18.005
            Dunkel Team:
            Dunkel Line:
            Dunkel Total:
            Atlanta
            by 2
            Vegas Team:
            Vegas Line:
            Vegas Total:
            Tampa Bay
            7 1/2
            Dunkel Pick:
            Atlanta
            (+115); Under

Cincinnati @ Kansas City

Game 929-930
            May 20, 2015 @ 8:10 pm

Dunkel Rating:
            Cincinnati
            (Marquis) 14.457
            Kansas City
            (Guthrie) 16.092
            Dunkel Team:
            Dunkel Line:
            Dunkel Total:
            Kansas City
            by 1 1/2
            Vegas Team:
            Vegas Line:
            Vegas Total:
            Kansas City
            Dunkel Pick:
            Kansas City
            (-155); Over

Comment

MLB
              Long Sheet

Wednesday, May 20

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ARIZONA (17 - 21) at MIAMI (16 - 24) - 7:10 PM
              CHASE ANDERSON (R) vs. DAVID PHELPS (R)
              Top Trends for this game.
              ARIZONA is 81-119 (-33.9 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
              ARIZONA is 81-119 (-33.9 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
              ARIZONA is 62-89 (-25.5 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
              ARIZONA is 28-51 (-23.4 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 2 seasons.
              MIAMI is 11-22 (-13.0 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.

Head-to-Head Series History
              ARIZONA is 2-0 (+2.4 Units) against MIAMI this season
              2 of 2 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+2.0 Units)

CHASE ANDERSON vs. MIAMI since 1997
              ANDERSON is 1-0 when starting against MIAMI with an ERA of 3.00 and a WHIP of 1.667.
              His team's record is 1-1 (+0.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 2-0. (+2.0 units)

DAVID PHELPS vs. ARIZONA since 1997
              No recent starts.

ST LOUIS (26 - 13) at NY METS (23 - 17) - 7:10 PM
              CARLOS MARTINEZ (R) vs. BARTOLO COLON (R)
              ST LOUIS is 19-35 (-19.1 Units) against the money line in road games after a win over the last 2 seasons.
              NY METS are 102-100 (+9.5 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
              NY METS are 16-5 (+10.8 Units) against the money line in home games this season.
              NY METS are 13-3 (+9.8 Units) against the money line at home when the total is 7 or less this season.
              NY METS are 16-5 (+10.8 Units) against the money line in home games in games played on a grass field this season.
              NY METS are 15-4 (+10.8 Units) against the money line in home games against right-handed starters this season.
              NY METS are 52-47 (+10.2 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 2 seasons.
              COLON is 44-26 (+16.7 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
              COLON is 44-26 (+16.7 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
              ST LOUIS is 26-13 (+11.2 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
              ST LOUIS is 26-13 (+11.2 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
              ST LOUIS is 21-8 (+11.9 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.
              ST LOUIS is 54-39 (+12.4 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
              NY METS are 11-25 (-12.7 Units) against the money line as a home underdog of +100 to +125 over the last 2 seasons.

NY METS is 1-1 (+0.0 Units) against ST LOUIS this season
              1 of 2 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+0.0 Units)

CARLOS MARTINEZ vs. NY METS since 1997
              MARTINEZ is 0-0 when starting against NY METS with an ERA of 0.00 and a WHIP of 1.500.
              His team's record is 1-0 (+1.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 0-0. (+0.0 units)

BARTOLO COLON vs. ST LOUIS since 1997
              COLON is 4-0 when starting against ST LOUIS with an ERA of 2.77 and a WHIP of 0.923.
              His team's record is 6-0 (+6.8 units) in these starts. The OVER is 2-4. (-2.3 units)

PHILADELPHIA (17 - 24) at COLORADO (14 - 22) - 8:40 PM
              SEVERINO GONZALEZ (R) vs. EDDIE BUTLER (R)
              PHILADELPHIA is 19-37 (-19.1 Units) against the money line when playing on Wednesday over the last 3 seasons.
              PHILADELPHIA is 73-93 (-29.3 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 3 seasons.
              COLORADO is 80-118 (-34.3 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
              COLORADO is 225-298 (-80.8 Units) against the money line in May games since 1997.
              COLORADO is 80-118 (-34.3 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
              COLORADO is 52-83 (-29.6 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
              COLORADO is 55-87 (-30.6 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
              COLORADO is 34-49 (-17.9 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons.

COLORADO is 1-1 (+0.0 Units) against PHILADELPHIA this season
              1 of 2 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+0.0 Units)

SEVERINO GONZALEZ vs. COLORADO since 1997
              No recent starts.

EDDIE BUTLER vs. PHILADELPHIA since 1997
              No recent starts.

CHICAGO CUBS (21 - 17) at SAN DIEGO (20 - 20) - 10:10 PM
              TSUYOSHI WADA (L) vs. TYSON ROSS (R)
              CHICAGO CUBS are 1408-1570 (-279.0 Units) against the money line in all games since 1997.
              CHICAGO CUBS are 1351-1483 (-253.8 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field since 1997.
              CHICAGO CUBS are 1033-1167 (-212.7 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters since 1997.
              SAN DIEGO is 104-79 (+19.7 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 3 seasons.
              SAN DIEGO is 104-79 (+19.7 Units) against the money line in home games in games played on a grass field over the last 3 seasons.
              SAN DIEGO is 33-20 (+11.8 Units) against the money line in home games after a win over the last 2 seasons.
              SAN DIEGO is 34-22 (+11.3 Units) against the money line in home games when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.

SAN DIEGO is 3-1 (+2.2 Units) against CHICAGO CUBS this season
              4 of 4 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+4.0 Units)

TSUYOSHI WADA vs. SAN DIEGO since 1997
              WADA is 0-1 when starting against SAN DIEGO with an ERA of 11.25 and a WHIP of 2.250.
              His team's record is 0-1 (-1.1 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 0-1. (-1.3 units)

TYSON ROSS vs. CHICAGO CUBS since 1997
              ROSS is 1-0 when starting against CHICAGO CUBS with an ERA of 3.08 and a WHIP of 1.371.
              His team's record is 1-1 (+0.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 2-0. (+2.0 units)

LA DODGERS (24 - 14) at SAN FRANCISCO (21 - 18) - 10:15 PM
              BRETT ANDERSON (L) vs. TIM LINCECUM (R)
              SAN FRANCISCO is 121-97 (+19.1 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
              SAN FRANCISCO is 31-14 (+18.4 Units) against the money line in May games over the last 2 seasons.
              SAN FRANCISCO is 23-12 (+11.3 Units) against the money line when playing on Wednesday over the last 2 seasons.
              SAN FRANCISCO is 121-97 (+19.1 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
              SAN FRANCISCO is 1037-867 (+118.7 Units) against the money line in night games since 1997.
              SAN FRANCISCO is 246-157 (+53.0 Units) against the money line in home games against left-handed starters since 1997.
              SAN FRANCISCO is 68-51 (+17.0 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 2 seasons.
              SAN FRANCISCO is 57-49 (+12.9 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
              LINCECUM is 22-11 (+11.5 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
              LA DODGERS are 56-27 (+20.6 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 2 seasons.

SAN FRANCISCO is 5-2 (+4.4 Units) against LA DODGERS this season
              4 of 7 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+0.9 Units)

BRETT ANDERSON vs. SAN FRANCISCO since 1997
              ANDERSON is 0-3 when starting against SAN FRANCISCO with an ERA of 6.10 and a WHIP of 1.597.
              His team's record is 2-3 (-1.2 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 2-3. (-1.4 units)

TIM LINCECUM vs. LA DODGERS since 1997
              LINCECUM is 9-8 when starting against LA DODGERS with an ERA of 3.26 and a WHIP of 1.360.
              His team's record is 16-10 (+6.4 units) in these starts. The OVER is 14-11. (+1.7 units)

OAKLAND (14 - 27) at HOUSTON (26 - 14) - 2:10 PM
              JESSE HAHN (R) vs. DALLAS KEUCHEL (L)
              OAKLAND is 14-27 (-18.6 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
              OAKLAND is 49-55 (-14.4 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons.
              OAKLAND is 5-13 (-11.0 Units) against the money line in May games this season.
              OAKLAND is 25-33 (-19.7 Units) against the money line when playing on Wednesday over the last 3 seasons.
              OAKLAND is 49-55 (-26.5 Units) against the money line against division opponents over the last 2 seasons.
              OAKLAND is 1-12 (-13.8 Units) against the money line in day games this season.
              OAKLAND is 14-27 (-18.6 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
              OAKLAND is 1-8 (-9.1 Units) against the money line against left-handed starters this season.
              OAKLAND is 44-49 (-15.8 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
              HOUSTON is 26-14 (+12.1 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
              HOUSTON is 52-52 (+14.0 Units) against the money line against division opponents over the last 2 seasons.
              HOUSTON is 26-14 (+12.1 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
              HOUSTON is 16-9 (+7.9 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.
              HOUSTON is 16-9 (+8.1 Units) against the money line after a win this season.
              KEUCHEL is 24-13 (+16.1 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
              KEUCHEL is 16-5 (+14.6 Units) against the money line against division opponents over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
              KEUCHEL is 23-12 (+15.2 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)

HOUSTON is 5-3 (+2.7 Units) against OAKLAND this season
              5 of 8 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+1.9 Units)

JESSE HAHN vs. HOUSTON since 1997
              No recent starts.

DALLAS KEUCHEL vs. OAKLAND since 1997
              KEUCHEL is 1-2 when starting against OAKLAND with an ERA of 3.21 and a WHIP of 1.275.
              His team's record is 5-3 (+3.3 units) in these starts. The OVER is 4-4. (-0.1 units)

LA ANGELS (20 - 19) at TORONTO (18 - 23) - 7:05 PM
              JERED WEAVER (R) vs. DREW HUTCHISON (R)
              TORONTO is 284-246 (+41.8 Units) against the money line in May games since 1997.
              LA ANGELS are 57-29 (+17.4 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 2 seasons.
              LA ANGELS are 760-738 (+70.1 Units) against the money line in road games since 1997.
              LA ANGELS are 190-171 (+29.4 Units) against the money line on the road when the total is 8 to 8.5 since 1997.
              LA ANGELS are 93-62 (+18.1 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
              LA ANGELS are 67-34 (+22.8 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons.
              WEAVER is 90-44 (+32.9 Units) against the money line after a win since 1997. (Team's Record)

LA ANGELS is 1-1 (+0.1 Units) against TORONTO this season
              1 of 2 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=-0.3 Units, Under=-0.1 Units)

JERED WEAVER vs. TORONTO since 1997
              WEAVER is 9-2 when starting against TORONTO with an ERA of 3.39 and a WHIP of 1.049.
              His team's record is 10-2 (+7.6 units) in these starts. The OVER is 6-5. (+0.9 units)

DREW HUTCHISON vs. LA ANGELS since 1997
              HUTCHISON is 0-2 when starting against LA ANGELS with an ERA of 6.52 and a WHIP of 1.553.
              His team's record is 0-2 (-2.3 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-1. (-0.1 units)

SEATTLE (17 - 21) at BALTIMORE (17 - 19) - 7:05 PM
              ROENIS ELIAS (L) vs. WEI-YIN CHEN (L)
              SEATTLE is 20-36 (-20.2 Units) against the money line when playing on Wednesday over the last 3 seasons.
              SEATTLE is 11-19 (-12.3 Units) against the money line in night games this season.
              SEATTLE is 82-87 (-25.4 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 3 seasons.
              ELIAS is 6-13 (-9.9 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
              BALTIMORE is 117-89 (+33.0 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
              BALTIMORE is 58-44 (+12.1 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 2 seasons.
              BALTIMORE is 64-41 (+17.2 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 2 seasons.
              BALTIMORE is 103-77 (+29.3 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
              BALTIMORE is 82-54 (+32.4 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
              BALTIMORE is 63-52 (+13.4 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 2 seasons.
              BALTIMORE is 50-33 (+16.3 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons.
              CHEN is 34-15 (+18.7 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 since 1997. (Team's Record)
              CHEN is 23-12 (+11.3 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
              CHEN is 11-1 (+10.1 Units) against the money line in home games after a win over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)

BALTIMORE is 1-0 (+1.0 Units) against SEATTLE this season
              1 of 1 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+1.0 Units)

ROENIS ELIAS vs. BALTIMORE since 1997
              ELIAS is 0-1 when starting against BALTIMORE with an ERA of 1.69 and a WHIP of 1.406.
              His team's record is 0-2 (-2.2 units) in these starts. The OVER is 0-2. (-2.0 units)

WEI-YIN CHEN vs. SEATTLE since 1997
              CHEN is 2-2 when starting against SEATTLE with an ERA of 3.00 and a WHIP of 1.052.
              His team's record is 4-2 (+1.5 units) in these starts. The OVER is 2-4. (-2.2 units)

TEXAS (16 - 23) at BOSTON (19 - 20) - 7:10 PM
              PHIL KLEIN (R) vs. JOE KELLY (R)
              TEXAS is 83-118 (-21.7 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
              TEXAS is 79-112 (-20.6 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
              TEXAS is 54-93 (-33.8 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
              TEXAS is 53-80 (-20.2 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
              TEXAS is 4-16 (-11.6 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record this season.
              KELLY is 26-14 (+12.6 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
              BOSTON is 90-112 (-31.6 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
              BOSTON is 37-50 (-18.9 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 2 seasons.
              BOSTON is 42-57 (-29.9 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 2 seasons.
              BOSTON is 22-28 (-13.0 Units) against the money line at home when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 2 seasons.
              BOSTON is 80-96 (-26.6 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
              BOSTON is 64-79 (-21.6 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
              BOSTON is 63-78 (-19.9 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
              BOSTON is 36-55 (-25.6 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 2 seasons.

BOSTON is 1-0 (+1.0 Units) against TEXAS this season
              1 of 1 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+1.1 Units)

PHIL KLEIN vs. BOSTON since 1997
              No recent starts.

JOE KELLY vs. TEXAS since 1997
              No recent starts.

CLEVELAND (15 - 23) at CHI WHITE SOX (18 - 18) - 8:10 PM
              SHAUN MARCUM (R) vs. CARLOS RODON (L)
              CLEVELAND is 15-23 (-12.3 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
              CLEVELAND is 8-17 (-11.9 Units) against the money line against division opponents this season.
              CLEVELAND is 15-23 (-12.3 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
              CLEVELAND is 2-12 (-13.0 Units) against the money line after a win this season.
              CHI WHITE SOX are 63-62 (+14.2 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
              CHI WHITE SOX are 30-20 (+12.4 Units) against the money line in home games after a loss over the last 2 seasons.
              CHI WHITE SOX are 38-53 (-19.4 Units) against the money line in home games against division opponents over the last 3 seasons.

CHI WHITE SOX is 4-3 (+0.8 Units) against CLEVELAND this season
              7 of 7 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+7.0 Units)

SHAUN MARCUM vs. CHI WHITE SOX since 1997
              MARCUM is 4-0 when starting against CHI WHITE SOX with an ERA of 1.99 and a WHIP of 0.787.
              His team's record is 6-0 (+6.3 units) in these starts. The OVER is 2-4. (-2.2 units)

CARLOS RODON vs. CLEVELAND since 1997
              No recent starts.

MINNESOTA (22 - 17) at PITTSBURGH (18 - 21) - 7:05 PM
              MIKE PELFREY (R) vs. JEFF LOCKE (L)
              PELFREY is 10-34 (-22.0 Units) against the money line in road games after a win since 1997. (Team's Record)
              PITTSBURGH is 140-99 (+28.8 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 3 seasons.
              PITTSBURGH is 93-55 (+26.3 Units) against the money line in home games against right-handed starters over the last 3 seasons.
              PITTSBURGH is 363-370 (+48.0 Units) against the money line in home games when playing against a team with a winning record since 1997.
              MINNESOTA is 22-17 (+9.4 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
              MINNESOTA is 12-5 (+8.9 Units) against the money line in May games this season.
              MINNESOTA is 22-17 (+9.4 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
              MINNESOTA is 13-6 (+10.9 Units) against the money line in night games this season.
              MINNESOTA is 12-5 (+9.5 Units) against the money line against left-handed starters this season.
              MINNESOTA is 15-6 (+12.4 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record this season.
              PELFREY is 6-0 (+8.8 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
              PITTSBURGH is 55-55 (-32.1 Units) against the money line as a home favorite of -150 to -175 since 1997.

MINNESOTA is 1-0 (+1.5 Units) against PITTSBURGH this season
              1 of 1 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+1.1 Units)

MIKE PELFREY vs. PITTSBURGH since 1997
              PELFREY is 3-2 when starting against PITTSBURGH with an ERA of 4.78 and a WHIP of 1.407.
              His team's record is 4-2 (+1.7 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 2-3. (-1.4 units)

JEFF LOCKE vs. MINNESOTA since 1997
              No recent starts.

NY YANKEES (22 - 18) at WASHINGTON (23 - 17) - 7:05 PM
              ADAM WARREN (R) vs. A.J. COLE (R)
              WASHINGTON is 94-64 (+28.9 Units) against the money line in home games in an inter-league game since 1997.

WASHINGTON is 1-0 (+1.0 Units) against NY YANKEES this season
              1 of 1 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+1.0 Units)

ADAM WARREN vs. WASHINGTON since 1997
              No recent starts.

A.J. COLE vs. NY YANKEES since 1997
              No recent starts.

MILWAUKEE (15 - 25) at DETROIT (23 - 17) - 7:05 PM
              KYLE LOHSE (R) vs. SHANE GREENE (R)
              DETROIT is 15-17 (-14.9 Units) against the money line in home games in May games over the last 3 seasons.
              DETROIT is 25-30 (-19.3 Units) against the money line in home games in night games over the last 2 seasons.
              DETROIT is 35-37 (-18.1 Units) against the money line in home games against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
              DETROIT is 49-49 (-17.1 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons.

MILWAUKEE is 2-0 (+2.5 Units) against DETROIT this season
              1 of 2 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=-0.3 Units, Under=-0.0 Units)

KYLE LOHSE vs. DETROIT since 1997
              LOHSE is 7-6 when starting against DETROIT with an ERA of 5.65 and a WHIP of 1.514.
              His team's record is 10-10 (-1.2 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 10-9. (+0.1 units)

SHANE GREENE vs. MILWAUKEE since 1997
              No recent starts.

TAMPA BAY (22 - 18) at ATLANTA (18 - 20) - 7:10 PM
              JAKE ODORIZZI (R) vs. ERIC STULTS (L)
              TAMPA BAY is 99-103 (-23.3 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
              STULTS is 40-31 (+15.6 Units) against the money line in night games since 1997. (Team's Record)
              ATLANTA is 97-103 (-17.5 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
              ATLANTA is 95-102 (-19.5 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
              ATLANTA is 76-84 (-18.1 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
              STULTS is 2-12 (-9.9 Units) against the money line when playing on Wednesday over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)

TAMPA BAY is 1-0 (+1.0 Units) against ATLANTA this season

JAKE ODORIZZI vs. ATLANTA since 1997
              No recent starts.

ERIC STULTS vs. TAMPA BAY since 1997
              STULTS is 0-1 when starting against TAMPA BAY with an ERA of 5.07 and a WHIP of 1.876.
              His team's record is 0-1 (-1.0 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 1-0. (+1.0 units)

CINCINNATI (18 - 21) at KANSAS CITY (25 - 14) - 8:10 PM
              JASON MARQUIS (R) vs. JEREMY GUTHRIE (R)
              CINCINNATI is 8-25 (-14.7 Units) against the money line as a road underdog of +125 to +150 over the last 3 seasons.
              CINCINNATI is 27-53 (-21.4 Units) against the money line in road games when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 3 seasons.
              KANSAS CITY is 25-14 (+10.5 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
              KANSAS CITY is 25-14 (+10.5 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
              KANSAS CITY is 89-63 (+16.9 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
              KANSAS CITY is 88-62 (+15.4 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
              GUTHRIE is 26-16 (+11.1 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
              GUTHRIE is 26-15 (+12.1 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
              CINCINNATI is 698-787 (+41.1 Units) against the money line in road games since 1997.
              CINCINNATI is 507-569 (+35.3 Units) against the money line in road games against right-handed starters since 1997.
              KANSAS CITY is 14-25 (-17.3 Units) against the money line in home games in May games over the last 3 seasons.
              KANSAS CITY is 300-319 (-72.0 Units) against the money line in home games when playing against a team with a losing record since 1997.

KANSAS CITY is 1-0 (+1.0 Units) against CINCINNATI this season
              1 of 1 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+1.0 Units)

JASON MARQUIS vs. KANSAS CITY since 1997
              MARQUIS is 3-0 when starting against KANSAS CITY with an ERA of 4.50 and a WHIP of 1.333.
              His team's record is 3-0 (+3.1 units) in these starts. The OVER is 3-0. (+3.0 units)

JEREMY GUTHRIE vs. CINCINNATI since 1997
              GUTHRIE is 1-1 when starting against CINCINNATI with an ERA of 5.06 and a WHIP of 1.968.
              His team's record is 1-1 (+0.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 2-0. (+2.1 units)

Comment

MLB

Wednesday, May 20

Potential thunderstorms at Coors Field Wednesday

According to weather forecasts, there is a 78 percent chance of thunderstorms in Denver when the Colorado Rockies host the Philadelphia Phillies Wednesday evening.

The Rockies, currently priced -132, are scheduled to start Eddie Butler, while Severino Gonzalez is the scheduled starter for the Phillies. The total is down to 10 from the opening 10.5.

Indians and White Sox play to 12th consecutive under

The Cleveland Indians topped the Chicago White Sox 3-1 Tuesday night, making the under 12-0 in the last 12 contests between the two AL Central rivals.

Dating back to last season the under is also a crazy good 20-3 in their last 23 meetings overall.

The teams will try for 13 unders in a row when they continue their four-game series Wednesday night in Chicago.

The Tribe will call on veteran Shaun Marcum to make his first start since 2013, while the Pale Hose counter with rookie Carlos Rodon. The total for tonight's game is currently at 8.0 runs.

Astros tough to beat when Keuchel on the hill

The Houston Astros are 7-1 this season when Dallas Keuchel takes the mound and will try to make it 8-1 Wednesday afternoon against the Oakland A's.

In fact the Astros only loss in a Keuchel start was a 2-1 defeat against the Texas Rangers on May 4th, where he pitched 8.0 innings allowing just one run on five hits.

Keuchel takes his 5-0 record and 1.87 ERA to the hill this afternoon as -163 home favorites. Jesse Hahn (1-3, 4.42 ERA) gets the call for the A's.

Odorizzi continues to cash Under tickets

Tampa Bay Rays starting pitcher Jake Odorizzi has been one of the best Under pitchers in the Major Leagues this season and takes a 1-7 O/U count into Wednesday's start against the Atlanta Braves.

Under tickets have cashed in five-consecutive Odorizzi starts and the righty gets just 2.00 runs of support per outing ranking him last among American League hurlers.

Oddsmakers have a total of 7.5 on Wednesday's Rays-Braves game. Atlanta is scheduled to counter with Williams Perez on the hill.

Struggling Marlins costing bettors money

The Miami Marlins (and their backers) are mired in a five-game losing skid which has seen the club close as favorites in each instance.

Miami was swept by the visiting Atlanta Braves priced as -130, -120 and -127 favorites before dropping its first two games against the Arizona Diamondbacks priced as -119 and -142 faves

The NL East club is currently the third-worst in our Money Standings at -$998.

The Fish will try to snap their skid as -131 home faves against the Diamondbacks Wednesday.

Comment

MLB

Wednesday, May 20

Twins mashing lefty starters

The Minnesota Twins are 8-0 in their last eight games in which they have faced a lefty starter after last night's 8-4 win over the Pittsburgh Pirates and lefty Francisco Liriano.

But not only are the Twins beating left handers, they are beating them up, scoring an average of 8.25 runs per game over that eight game stretch.

The over, not coincidentally, has also been a hot play when the Twins face lefties, going 6-2 over/under in the last eight games and 13-4 O/U for the season.

The Twins are currently +137 underdogs as they face their second straight lefty at PNC Park in Pittsburgh Wednesday, when they go up against Jeff Locke.

Locke is 2-2 with a 5.40 ERA in seven starts this season. The Twins counter with Mike Pelfrey (3-1 3.23 ERA).

Top Over umpire calling Angels-Blue Jays

Paul Schrieber, one of the top Over umpires in the Major Leagues at 5-0 Over/Under, will be tasked with calling balls and strikes in Wednesday's game between the Los Angeles Angels and Toronto Blue Jays.

There is an average of 11 runs crossing the plate per game when Schriber is calling pitches. That number ranks him third behind Bruce Dreckman (11.2 per game) and James Hoye (11.1 per game).

The total for Wednesday's game opened at 9 and is down to 8.5.

Comment

MLB
                    Short Sheet

Wednesday, May 20

Arizona at Miami, 7:10 ET
                    Arizona: 4-17 SU after 2 straight games where the bullpen gave up no runs
                    Miami: 196-160 SU after 3 or more consecutive unders

St Louis at NY Mets, 7:10 ET
                    St Louis: 37-45 SU after a win by 4 runs or more
                    NY Mets: 16-5 SU at home when the total is 7.5 or less

Philadelphia at Colorado, 8:40 ET
                    Philadelphia: 350-306 SU on the road when the money line is +125 to -125
                    Colorado: 8-24 SU with an on base percentage of .260 or worse

Chicago at San Diego, 10:10 ET
                    Chicago: 11-32 SU after having won 5 or 6 of their last 7 games
                    San Diego: 45-27 SU in home games after 2 or more consecutive home games

LA Dodgers at San Francisco, 10:15 ET
                    Los Angeles: 21-38 SU after a game with a combined score of 3 runs or less 2 straight games
                    LINCECUM: 14-4 TSR at home when the total is 7 to 8.5

LA Angels at Toronto, 7:05 ET
                    Los Angeles: 47-30 SU in road games after a game where the bullpen gave up no runs
                    Toronto: 34-45 SU after having lost 2 of their last 3 games

Seattle at Baltimore, 7:05 ET
                    Seattle: 4-13 SU after allowing 8 runs or more
                    CHEN: 34-15 TSR when the total is 8 to 8.5

Texas at Boston, 7:10 ET
                    Texas: 27-46 SU against AL East opponents
                    KELLY: 22-11 TSR when the total is 7 to 8.5

Cleveland at Chicago, 8:10 ET
                    Cleveland: 17-8 SU in road games after scoring and allowing 3 runs or less
                    Chicago: 21-4 SU after 2 straight games where they committed no errors

Minnesota at Pittsburgh, 7:05 ET
                    PELFREY: 10-34 TSR in road games after a win
                    Pittsburgh: 77-51 SU after 2 straight games without a stolen base

NY Yankees at Washington, 7:05 ET
                    NY Yankees: 21-9 SU in road games after batting .240 or worse over a 10 game span
                    Washington: 24-48 SU after a game they hit 4 or more home runs

Milwaukee at Detroit, 7:05 ET
                    Milwaukee: 43-36 SU in road games with an on base percentage of .300 or worse over their last 10 games
                    Detroit: 25-32 SU after 2 straight games with no home runs

Tampa Bay at Atlanta, 7:10 ET
                    Tampa Bay: 41-25 SU in road games after having won 4 or 5 of their last 6 games
                    Atlanta: 15-34 SU after 10 straight games where they failed to hit more than one HR over

Cincinnati at Kansas Ctiy, 8:10 ET
                    Cincinnati: 11-28 SU in road games after scoring 1 run or less
                    Kansas City: 33-18 SU after 2 or more consecutive unders

Comment

Working...
                    X