Pony Plays for Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pony Plays for Sunday

Back to the basics today. Two races I really like and I'll play some pick 3's and 4's around them.

Hollywood Race 6

In Hollywood's 6 th race, the very best horse is # 2 Hudson Bank. The main problem though is will the trainer give the send signal? The only time Mag Perez fired with this one he was 91-1. If the barn wants to, this runner can be right there at the wire. Otherwise, third off the bench # 9 Suddenlyglitter has the potential to win here. # 6 Swedish Radar is also proving to be a hard knocker.

$10 to win and $30 to place on # 2 Hudson Bank.
    $2 Exacta box 2-6-9,
    $2 exacta 2-6-9/1-2-4-6-7-9

Hollywood Race 8

Galileo's Star- – is one of many young grass horses with
    moderate form that trainer Cassidy has brought from Europe over the last few years, and most have done well. This one didn’t show that much last year, but the barn unveiled two others that ran figures that would have been competitive here, and ran them in lesser races. They evidently must think this one is better is they are running it in a more competitve race. Watch out for this one at long odds.

Attima- a repeat of her effort from her last will only be competitive in here and would only get at best a check. She needs to make a move forward to be strong here. At 2-1 a contender but has no value and is an underlay.

Foxysox - has won 3 straight stakes races without running a big one. She is also spotting 5 pounds of weight which will cost her about one length. That only makes her competitive and one of the vulnerbale favorites.

Harriet Lane -improved dramatically earlier this year, and her last two were the best races ever run by anyone in this field. In her last she earned a better figure than the winner did because was wider on both turns, while Foxysox saved ground. In fact, she’s now had three straight wide trips,
    and needs to avoid another, but she’s the best filly going in, and wasn’t hurt badly by the weights. The most likely winner.

Royal Cheer - If she makes just a small improvement from her last she will be right in there and at 15-1 must include.

The Plays: $10 to win and $30 to place on #5 Harriet lane
    $3 across the board on #1 Galielo's Star and #7 Royal Cheer
    $2 exacta box of 1-3-5-7

I'll be back later with a Pick 3 or Pick 4 on the latter part of the card at Hollywood. Good luck. Put a lot of effort in these two races hoping for some success.
    Last edited by weazel079; 06-04-2006, 02:10 PM.
    MLB (2014): (3-4) -.9 units

weazel good luck!!

in the 6th race I like #6
    1*=$50

Crusader MM starting qb at Oregon

Comment

Hollywood
      $1 pick 3
      Race 4: 6,8
      Race 5: 8
      Race 6: 2,6,9

Comment

Hit the exacta in race 6, paid pretty good, but just a small profit with #2 not finishing.

I'm hammering race 8. Best value I've seen in a few weeks. No way should the 2 be 4/5. I'm playing some doubles here. Race 8 and Race 9.

Doubles
        5/8 $6
        5/2 $5
        1/8 $5
        5/5 $3
        3/8 $3
        1/2 $3
        1/5 $2
        3/2 $2

Total: $29

Comment