Derby fever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derby fever

I'm assuming that discussions about the best two minutes in sports will heat up this week in this forum....I'll kick it off with my top 5 plays as of right now that'll I'll play in all exoctics...
    Barbaro
    Sweetnorthernsaint
    Point Determined
    Keyed Entry
    Lawyer Ron

Hey travel...Steppenwolfer is a must play in any exotics!

Comment

I know it is tough to narrow down with 20 horses. But, LOL Brother Derek has to be in exotics as well. GL. Heading to Fairmount track after a round of golf.
      redbirds

Comment

I really like steppenwolfer but I'm just not sure he's fast enough...actually, I think at some point you'll just have to make a decision on what kind of pace will develop...if you think the pace will be hot then I'll go with steppenwolfer, jazil and point determined for sure...but if the fractions are moderate I think the late closers will simply be too far behind to pick up enough pieces...of course, my picks could change depending on post positon draw..

Comment

I think you brought up the most important point in your last post. Until Post Position is drawn, we will have a hard time determining what to throw out in a decent 20 horse pool.

I think the 1,2,19 and 20 posts may almost be throw outs as a top win pick, thus driving the way you may want to key exotics.

Betting the Kentucky Derby I think is all about value, and I like to find 2 horses I feel strongly about that may finish 1st or 2nd, and then wheel them with a bunch of high odd mostly stalkers and closers (and maybe one rabbit), box it up and hope one of my two horses come in second with Odds on top. Worked for me last year, will try again.

Good Luck
          2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

Derby weather.

I would start handicapping for a wet/sloppy track. Forecast not looking too good.
            "Live strong baby"

Comment

Originally posted by BillMill71
              I think you brought up the most important point in your last post. Until Post Position is drawn, we will have a hard time determining what to throw out in a decent 20 horse pool.

I think the 1,2,19 and 20 posts may almost be throw outs as a top win pick, thus driving the way you may want to key exotics.

Betting the Kentucky Derby I think is all about value, and I like to find 2 horses I feel strongly about that may finish 1st or 2nd, and then wheel them with a bunch of high odd mostly stalkers and closers (and maybe one rabbit), box it up and hope one of my two horses come in second with Odds on top. Worked for me last year, will try again.

Good Luck
              man, last year was the year to cash it a ticket for sure...i doubt that exacta will ever be matched again....

Comment

Originally posted by secondroll7
                I would start handicapping for a wet/sloppy track. Forecast not looking too good.
                I would love to see an off track...will send the numbers through the roof on some horses I like...from what I've seen, sweetnorthernsaint is the horse to beat on the slop...until yesterdays workout I read that bro derek had never even stepped foot on a wet track!

Comment

Originally posted by travelindj
                  I really like steppenwolfer but I'm just not sure he's fast enough...actually, I think at some point you'll just have to make a decision on what kind of pace will develop...if you think the pace will be hot then I'll go with steppenwolfer, jazil and point determined for sure...but if the fractions are moderate I think the late closers will simply be too far behind to pick up enough pieces...of course, my picks could change depending on post positon draw..

Cause to Believe is a deep closer also
                  Good Luck to everyone
                  Adam

Richie: [after Gus hits a homerun] Wow and he did it without steroids.
                  Clark: What's steroids?
                  Richie: Something that makes your pee-pee smaller.
                  Clark: There must be steroids in macaroni!

Comment

Originally posted by meaiken
                    Cause to Believe is a deep closer also
                    Yep, the more I look at CTB the more I like him...just gonna toss his effort in the Ill. Derby and play one (of many) tri wheel keying Barbaro over Bob and John, AP Warrior, The Saint and Cause to Believe...

Comment

Working...
                    X