• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kentucky Derby Future Pool A

Opens Thursday at Noon EST
    Closes Sunday at 6pm EST

Horses I like:

Bob and John 20-1; Baffert horse comming of an impressive allowence win last time out at Santa Anita

Bluegrass Cat 20-1; I'll take any Valazquez/Pletcher horse with those odds

Private Vow 15-1; Shawn Bridgemohan is underatted jockey and gonna have a great year.

Henny Hughes 20-1; Once considered the best 2 year old

Too Much Bling 4-1 (field); Not gonna play, but watch out for this horse if he runs in the Derby, however, probably better sprinter.

Kentucky Oaks

Adieu 15-1
    Sensation 15-1
    Ex Caelis 30-1
    Last edited by meaiken; 01-24-2006, 03:26 PM.
    Good Luck to everyone
    Adam

Richie: [after Gus hits a homerun] Wow and he did it without steroids.
    Clark: What's steroids?
    Richie: Something that makes your pee-pee smaller.
    Clark: There must be steroids in macaroni!

Meaiken, stuck at work, could you post the entire pool with odds.

Thanks
    2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

What site can you bet this on?

Comment

adam

i like henny hughes a lot, i like the way he raced in mid 1005 vs. first samurai and thought he ran a good race on breeders cup day

my problem with the derby is this::when you have 20 horses in a race, there are so many other facotrs besides "who is the best horse"....this past year was the biggest joke, giacomo only won because a combination of that speed duel that erased bellamy road's chances and the absolutely perfect trip the horse has to have

this is why no favorites ever win........so with that said, i would never bet a horse under 20-1 as a futures bet

also, you dont get the money back if they do not race in it, right?

b

Comment

HITMAN:
          I believe u will be able to bet this at any online site that offers horse racing, or go to any local track or OTB. I personally am betting it at the OTB so that i get paid full odds that some online sites don't offer.

SHORTY:
          no, if the horse doesn't race u lose. It's just like betting a future bet in baseball, football, ect. Also, u are right about last years derby. I will never again bet the favorite in a large field like that. But large fields make for great large payouts if u hit. I believe Steviewonderboy will end up the favorite that day, though, i don't believe he will win. I am glad Bellamy Road didn't win.
          As far as Giacamo goes. That's not the only factor. If u watch his Santa Anita Derby last year u can see that he had a shot and was a great closer. My buddy bet Giacamo in the 1st pool last year at 50-1, then again in pool 2 at 20-1.
          Smarty Jones was a favorite when he won.

BILL
          I saw the odds on Wire to Wire this afternoon, i'll try to find a link with the odds.
          Good Luck to everyone
          Adam

Comment

Here's a link

info on future pools
            Good Luck to everyone
            Adam

Comment

Thanks, I got to narrow it down over the next few days. Right now I like:

AP Warrior
              Bob and John
              Flashy Bull
              Henny Hughes
              Private Vow
              2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

adam

i am the idiot that bet bellamy road under 2.5 (meaning had to come in first or second)........arguably the dumbest bet humanly possible if for no other reason that had i bet him to win and place, i would have gotten better odds

i agree with you on steviewonderboy, like most juvenile winners, i dont think he will be ready in the summer

b

Comment

What u have to do is look for a horse whose TRUE 3rd birthday is end April (like Giacamo). That's when the horse usually starts to peak
                  Good Luck to everyone
                  Adam

Comment

Working...
                  X