Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday's Best Bets Including Longshot Preakness play

Arlington Race 9 Play #2 Image of the King
    Pick is for TURF ONLY. Claimed for $62,500 at Gulfstream, this horse now gets to face fellow Illinois-breds in this one mile grass race. First race since the claim. $62,500 Gulfstream open claimers are way better than Illinois-bred non-winners of one. Trainer Catalano an unbelievable 47 percent off the claim. Hot rider aboard. He'll be favored but the fact it's a 12-horse field may make the odds palatable.

Churchill Downs Race 8 Play #8 Starleena
    First start of the year as a three year old after breaking maiden first out at Del Mar last summer. Was put into a Grade III stakes in her next race and faded. Evidently was hurt as she comes back today off a 9 month layoff. May be overlooked because her speed figures aren't up there with others in this race but those numbers were earned as a two year old. The only other horse with ability in this race is #1 Tax Refund and my pick should be able to press the pace to her outside.

Pimlico Race 12 Gr. I Preakness Play #4 Greeley's Galaxy
    This horse is live. He trained terribly at Churchill Downs prior to the Derby, then missed the break and raced wide around the first turn. Actually made a striking move on the far turn before getting banged around. Although his rider eased him he still outfinished half the field (I've watched the tape over and over---his race was better than you think). Worked a bullet Sunday and a real fast three furlongs yesterday. He's cranked up and his training is the exact opposite of his dull pre-Derby works.
    ****I also like #2 High Fly and #11 High Limit (Frankel puts blinkers on after a last place Derby race in which he wasn't well-intended) and would make smaller wagers on them along with a big box with Greeley's Galaxy.

Hollywood Park Race 3 Play #3 Excessive Susan
    Warning: I never win maiden claimers and that's what this is. That said, this horse broke badly in her debut and rushed up to take the lead under very fast fractions before fading to finish fifth. The final time of that race was very quick for maiden claimer fillies. Today's race is restricted to California-breds, meaning she meets much easier.

If all else fails, play #1 Storm Wolf in the eighth at Hollywood, the Grade II Laz Barrera Memorial. He's a virtual cinch. Unfortunately he'll be 1-5 so he's not a best bet.
    Last edited by griswold; 05-21-2005, 01:22 AM.

Nice analysis gris... good luck today!

-smooth

Comment

Gris Thanks Buddy Ill play #4 with all exacta as 1 of my plays.

Comment

Good Luck Griswold!

Comment

Gl Gris
          2007 BCS and 2009 BCS CHAMPS
          2006 & 2007 NCAA MENS BASKETBALL CHAMPS
          2008 & 2010 RAYS BASEBALL AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPS

Comment

Working...
          X