Horse racing question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horse racing question....

Sorry for the retarded question's I'm about to ask, but I've just recently started getting into horse betting and I'm not that familiar with some of the bets. When you place a bet for an exacta, triple straight (I think thats what it is), exotice superfecta, etc. what do all those mean and whats an example of a bet placed on those? Also, do you normally just wager a few dollars like $2-$5 or what?

Thanks alot for the help

Exacta is picking #1 and #2 finishers in the correct order.
    Superfecta is picking #1, #2, #3 and #4 finishers in the correct order.
    Trifecta (as you might think) is picking #1, #2 and #3 in the correct order.
    Quinella (more or less the same as Exacta Box ... kind of too much to explain here) is picking #1 and #2 finishers but not necessarily in the right order.

hope that helps...

Comment

You can also BOX them

Trifecta Box is when you pick 3 horses but does not matter what order they come in as long as they come in the top 3
      Same goes for an exacta and superfecta you can box those to

Keep in mind Boxing cost a bit more to do.
      ^^^^NICE KLUMP HA?^^^^

Comment

Thanks for the help

What's the normal wager amount you would lay on those type of bets? Is it small like $2 or $5 or higher or does it just depend?

Comment

Just depends on how much you've got to lose

For betting the more novelty bets like Superfecta where the odds of hitting are so low you will probably just play the $2 bet but if you think you have a good idea of what's going on and you're betting straight or just an exacta, you might bet more to win more!

Comment

Working...
          X